Hemalurgy and stealing soul

Panwp

Hi.

brandon said that Hemalurgy can steal everythink that in spiritual Web.

so od we take gold compounder and using multiple spikes rip apart his entire spiritual web ( gold compounder is need because he need to survive all this spiking) and then if we place all this spikes into a body which had no spirit at all ( maybe after the same process) can we transfer the soul, mind memories and connections to the another body??.

if this will be possible, can we also transfer human to the body of Kandra ???

First post, with no reputation - you get an upvote! =)

I don't know that a gold compounder would survive more than one spiking.  By taking that magical aspect from their sDNA/spirit web, they wouldn't be able to recover, as the ability was stolen from them.  I could be wrong about this, but I think death is somewhat required (or maybe just a natural consequence) for hemalurgy.

It's interesting to wonder what, if anything, ALSO transfers from the host spirit to the recipient of the spike.  I know that there are hundreds (maybe thousands?) of "hemalurgic points" on a body, so perhaps there's a lot more to this than we realize.  If death isn't required, I wonder if something like hemalurgic acupuncture could remove unwanted parts of a person's sDNA spirit web (like genetic defects, etc)?

I thought I'd drop some WoBs on you all here since you got some facts wrong:

Kurkistan (Goodreads)

Could Miles heal back his Allomancy if it was spiked out of him?

Brandon Sanderson

No, he could not. He would no longer be an Allomancer. Also, he'd probably be dead. :)

Kurkistan

I'd thought maybe he could just do some super-tapping from his existing Health in his goldminds (since he'd still have his Feruchemy)...

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, I see what you're asking. Using Feruchemy to heal the removed portion of soul. That's actually plausible, not so different from healing other kinds of soul-wounds. If he survived, then yes, this actually might work. (That's why I get for reading the questions so quickly.)

source

Kurkistan

If you spiked out Miles' Feruchemical gold, would he be able to burn his Allomantic reserves [read: Feruchemical reserves using Allomancy] and heal it back?

Brandon Sanderson

Uhn... Okay. If you spiked out his ability to heal gold and somehow left him alive.

Kurkistan

Yeah, but still having Allomancy.

Brandon Sanderson

Still has allomancy.

Kurkistan

And hes like in the middle of burning a goldmind.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, that would still work. It'd still have a Spiritual connection to him.

Kurkistan

So if you're a Coinshot and you get [spiked] to have Feruchemical steel, and then you lose the spike after making a store, you can still Compound that for speed?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes... Yeah, that should still work.

Kurkistan

Was Paalm doing that?

Brandon Sanderson

That's a RAFO.
source

Kurkistan

So you've said that healing is like the spiritual wants to heal and then it filters through the Cognitive, but how's that work with healing wounds to the soul like Hemalurgy or Shardblades? What do you refer to to heal the soul at that point?

Brandon Sanderson

You need to make a patch on the soul with investiture.

Kurkistan

So how's the investiture know where to go, what to look like?

Brandon Sanderson

Well your soul is an ideal. So if you can get it up there, there are ways to do- to recreate that with um- see I'm getting into stuff for later books.

Argent

No, thats okay.

Kurkistan

So when Hemalurgy rips something off the soul, is that the ideal soul or some sub-soul?

Brandon Sanderson

That is off of your soul, and it can be healed; but what it's going to be doing is creating a patch of new soul. So it will not be your original soul. Does that make sense?

Kurkistan

Okay, that- well, not completely, but I think that's your intention.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Store Employee

If you do that, is that like Frankenstein's monster, or is it like a graft that's absorb-

Brandon Sanderson

Less horrifying- Less horrifying than Frankenstein's monster, but it is a graft that is like- it is not your original soul.

Store Employee

Yeah, but in modern medicine stuff like that is absorbed-

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah; in this you will always have a scar on your soul that something else has patched over.

Kurkistan

So Kaladin shouldn't just keep getting his arm chopped?

Brandon Sanderson

[ignoring/not-hearing Kurkistan just now] But that is what happens with most forms of investiture in the first place.
source

• Chaos locked this topic