Twists in Naming Conventions

Tariniel

So... I'm probably the last Sanderfan to realize this, but as I was rereading Warbreaker this morning I noticed that Austre is a play on the word austere, a hint towards the Idrian way of life. This got me interested in these little word twists, and I was wondering if you guys can throw in some other ones you have seen around the Comere :)

Curious to see what else I may have missed...

Edited by Tariniel

• 1 month later...

-Clod the Lifeless. Like a dirt clod. Plain. Dull 

-Breeze. Figurative for his smooth talking. 

-Hammond/Ham. Because he's a muscle man. Ham is just a big chunk of muscle. 

-Dox. He's a peace maker and responsible fellow of the group. A healer of sorts. Dox. Doc. I know I'm reaching on that one. 

Those are all I can think of right now. Not exactly what you're talking about but it's what came to mind. 

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

I don't know if it was intentional,but I cannot look at Kaladin and not make the connection to Paladin.

INTERVIEW: Jan 24th, 2015

QUESTION

Do you consider Kaladin a paladin?

BRANDON SANDERSON

You know, that is partially why I came up with the name. He was named something else in the original draft and it just didn’t work. So I’m like “I need a new...” Yeah.

TAGS

You're not the only one! :D

13 hours ago, Elenion said:

Denth sounds like 'Dense' said with a lisp, and that's your first impression of him.

Also, anyone else notice that if you turn 'Kalad' backwards and change one letter, you get 'Dalek'? :o Illuminati Exterminati confirmed!

So who would play Kalad?  Matt Smith? David Tennant? Christopher Eccleston?

• Chaos locked this topic