Bleeder's struggles with facial hair

soyperson

Just now, PantsForSquares said:

If you're under 18, and it's the sort of stubble that you're going to want to shave off before it develops into a proto-beard, then yeah, it's pretty fast.

Otherwise, it's about average. It takes me about two/three days to get a decent amount of stubble, but that's because I shave my hairs extremely closely (smoothness in three directions!)

I'm 15, my beards, once grown, are nice.

And yeah, I have my hairs closely as well.

On 24/09/2016 at 2:09 AM, Argent said:

ohgod, now I have the image of Syl with a colossal beard, flying to and fro.

It's horrid.

It's hilarious!

21 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

Words of advice:

1) You've got a ways to go, and there's plenty of time to try growing out facial hair. While it's not unheard of for people to be able to grow facial hair around 14/15, I'd recommend waiting until you're at least 17, maybe even as late as 19. A lot of the freshmen I see in college try to grow facial hair and it's horrible when there's patches.

2) Know thine facial hair. This is absurdly important. If you don't grow facial hair beside your mouth, a goatee is out of the question. It's better to know what your genetics let you grow than to just try and do everything at once. Not everyone can grow a bushy lumberjack beard, and that's fine (I can't do a goatee, for instance). It's better to style around what you can grow than to pretend growing something you can't.

3) Proper shaving is incredibly important. I'm not sure what type of razor you use, but I find that a cartridge razor tends to give me razor burn, which isn't fun. I use a double-edged razor, which gives incredibly clean shaves, although I'm not sure if you want to try that at this point in time. Regardless, skin care and taking care of your facial hair are high priorities.

Growing a beard is like nurturing a plant - it's a delicate process that not everyone values. Take pride in it, and work to the best of your ability with what you have, and you'll have something good.

If you want my input as a non-bearded person who knows lots of bearded people:

beards are as individual and varied as height and skin colour and eye shape. They come in different thicknesses, lengths, curliness, colour and facial distribution. I assume by trimming you'll have a decent measure of control over your own beard shape, but like spongebob said, see what grows naturally and then see what you can do with it. 

22 minutes ago, Delightful said:

If I may have an opinion on the subject 

just a moustache and no other facial hair is the epitome of creepiness. Please don't do it. Please. 

Kind of? If you don't have a handlebar, and just have it go straight across the upper lip in a sort of bar, it makes you look like someone's uncle, but that's about it.