New Guy

TheBillPN

Hello! New to the 17th Shard forums, but not new to the cosmere (and others).

I've read Mistborn, Stormlight Archive, Warbreaker, Elantris, and The Reckoners.

I've managed to spot Hoid, just like spotting the Observers in Fringe.

Id like to be a Mistborn and Full Feruchemist. (come on, who wouldn't?)

If i couldn't be a Mistborn, I'd be a Coinshot. 

If i couldnt be a Full Feruchemist, I'd be a Steel Runner.

I'd like to be a Twinborn compounder with those two, but i'd take one or the other, or a different combo instead, probably Thug/Skimmer.

I'm English, so it annoys me every time i see Aluminum. Spell and say it right Americans! It's Aluminium.

I have many questions, but I'm gonna look them up, aybe someone has already asked them, before burdening you with them all, hopefully that will eliminate most of them.

Thank you, and I'm looking forward to helping out and debating with the lot of yer.

Woo! Cookies! Allow me to paraphrase Red Dwarf:

Toaster: Howdy doodly do. How's it going? I'm Talkie, Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion. Talkie's the name, toasting's the game. Anyone like any toast?

Lister: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast. In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast.

Toaster: How 'bout a muffin?

Lister: Or muffins. Or muffins. We don't like muffins around here. We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no smegging flapjacks.

Toaster: Aah, so you're a waffle man.

Me: I want Cookies.

Also, what's an upvote? (and any other terms i need to know?)

9 minutes ago, TheBillPN said:

Woo! Cookies! Allow me to paraphrase Red Dwarf:

Toaster: Howdy doodly do. How's it going? I'm Talkie, Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion. Talkie's the name, toasting's the game. Anyone like any toast?

Lister: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast. In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast.

Toaster: How 'bout a muffin?

Lister: Or muffins. Or muffins. We don't like muffins around here. We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no smegging flapjacks.

Toaster: Aah, so you're a waffle man.

It's kind of like a positive rating of a post I suppose..? Yeah, it's like that

edit: it also gives you reputation points

Edited by I_am_a_Stick
Adding stuff

Welcome to the Shard, have an upvote!

1 hour ago, cloudjumper said:

Welcome to the Shard! Have a cookie!

Don't eat the cookies!! Ah... Too late. The cookies are spi-- *someone interrupts her* SPECIAL!! They're special!

1 hour ago, TheBillPN said:

*ignores the person who interrupted* Anyways. Upvotes and downvotes are the yellow and gray arrows at the bottom right corner of a post. They add or detract reputation from whoever's post you 'voted. See the little titles under someone's name? Those are reputation titles.

8 minutes ago, KnightRadiant said:

*ignores the person who interrupted* Anyways. Upvotes and downvotes are the yellow and gray arrows at the bottom right corner of a post. They add or detract reputation from whoever's post you 'voted. See the little titles under someone's name? Those are reputation titles.

Light Bulb! :D

15 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

I think it would be more proper to offer @TheBillPN a biscuit.

I'm good with cookies or biscuits, as long as it has chocolate, I'm not really bothered.

New question, What is the title under some peoples names? I already understand the Reputation one, but the other?, For example, CaptainRyan's says "Graphite Misting"

Just now, TheBillPN said:

I'm good with cookies or biscuits, as long as it has chocolate, I'm not really bothered.

New question, What is the title under some peoples names? I already understand the Reputation one, but the other?, For example, CaptainRyan's says "Graphite Misting"

It is something you can make up. It is a joke my wife and I share; because I read so fast I must be burning graphite so I say I am a "Graphite Misting". I think you can add it under one of the account profile settings.

Also, as a very obscure joke, my profile picture is of the molecular structure of graphite. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

It is something you can make up. It is a joke my wife and I share; because I read so fast I must be burning graphite so I say I am a "Graphite Misting". I think you can add it under one of the account profile settings.

Also, as a very obscure joke, my profile picture is of the molecular structure of graphite. :ph34r:

Completely Understand the reading quickly, I get through about 5 or 6 Final Empire sized books in a week, more if I have a completely empty schedule. I also get the Graphite Picture, I'm studying Chemistry :P

[EDIT] Just changed my Member Title :)

Edited by TheBillPN

A few basic terms:

Upvote: Similar to Facebook "Likes."You can give 16 upvotes each day.

Downvote: The opposite of a upvote. Downvotes are used very rarely and are used to show extreme displeasure. You can give 2 downvotes each day.

WoB: Word of Brandon. Something Brandon said. Often Cosmere related.

TwylyghtSansSparkles: Godess of Pugs.

Cookies: Spikes