Sanderson Vs Marvel

BrightVoid

52 minutes ago, Daniyah said:

Calling all Sanderfan artists! Where are you people when we need you?  

Heyyyy. That's not a bad idea. Imma gonna do dis. As well as many more :) We should all draw the scene these lads think up of. 

Would deadpool be able to regenerate from a shardblade inflicted would?

1 hour ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Heyyyy. That's not a bad idea. Imma gonna do dis. As well as many more :) We should all draw the scene these lads think up of. 

Would deadpool be able to regenerate from a shardblade inflicted would?

It probably depends on the version of Deadpool. In the movie, he has regeneration, so I'd say Shardblade kills him (as it's purely physical regeneration).

But I heard that in some comics he was a lover of Death, so on top of regenerating he simply does not die. Even Wolverine had different depictions of his regeneration. TVTropes told me all of that.

56 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

It probably depends on the version of Deadpool. In the movie, he has regeneration, so I'd say Shardblade kills him (as it's purely physical regeneration).

But I heard that in some comics he was a lover of Death, so on top of regenerating he simply does not die. Even Wolverine had different depictions of his regeneration. TVTropes told me all of that.

If the Shardblade cut wolverine, he would die. He used to have an agreement with Death, that if he could beat death in battle he would be able to return to the mortal world. However part of his soul would remain with Death. When Wolverine died for the seventh time, his whole soul was in the care of Death. The next time Wolverine dies will be true Death. Oh and Wolverine's regenerative healing ability decrease every time he dies, so they are 7 times less potent than the first time he died.

8 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

If the Shardblade cut wolverine, he would die. He used to have an agreement with Death, that if he could beat death in battle he would be able to return to the mortal world. However part of his soul would remain with Death. When Wolverine died for the seventh time, his whole soul was in the care of Death. The next time Wolverine dies will be true Death. Oh and Wolverine's regenerative healing ability decrease every time he dies, so they are 7 times less potent than the first time he died.

deadpool is different. Thanos "cursed" him to have eternal life so he would be separated from his lover Death.

1 hour ago, asterion137 said:

deadpool is different. Thanos "cursed" him to have eternal life so he would be separated from his lover Death.

In one issue Deadpool touches the cosmic cube. And takes the Infinity Gauntlet off Thanos. So I'm assuming Thanos used the gauntlet to curse Deadpool (I haven't read the issue). But the thing is why didn't Deadpool revert the curse if he truly loved Death, not in the same way as Thanos of course. Instead he makes the Marvel Universe sit through him being a stand-up comedian. 
So perhaps Thanos never "cursed" him

I'm pretty sure that Deadpool's unkillable-ness is based off of his healing factor, which is insanely high.  There are some speculations that he was banned from Deaths domain, like the Elders of the Universe were.  There are also some ideas that he was cursed by Thanos, or Death, and at one point some people thought T-Ray did it. But I do not believe there is any concrete evidence any which way, so as far as I am concerned, he can only heal himself physically.  Then again, he can also break the fourth wall, and do a whole ton of crazy stuff.  Personally, I think that he would never be killed by a Shardblade in the comics, but that has more to do with plot than anything else.  I am not sure the type of healing factor found in Marvel could usually beat a shard blade, however.

18 hours ago, asterion137 said:

He probably wouldn't be able to eat shards. He sustains himself by eating biospheres. However, he can interact with abstract beings by adopting a cosmic form according to http://marvel.com/universe/Galactus.

This link says he consumes the life-energy of planets.  I was under the impression that he turned matter into raw energy, then absorbed it.   I see no reason that he could not turn a shard (raw investiture) into his food (raw energy), by exercising a portion of his overpowered-ness.

14 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

That was the original Wolverine though, and that Logan is currently dead. I don't know if Old Man Logan ever severed his agreement with death, though his healing factor is slower anyway to begin with.

Ditto for current Wolverine, Laura. I don't know if she has to play Death's twisted chess match... but the first issue of her current ongoing had her come back after suffering major brain damage, so who knows? Wolverine's healing factor powers are basically broken.

A shardblade cut through all three Realms so I think it does a little more than just kill because even your Cognitive shadow will be damaged as well as your Spiritual one so even Deadpool will have a hard time healing from that since it does more than just kill you because theoretically you wont have enough of yourself to even go to the afterlife so a shardblade will totally destroy Deadpool no matter curse or what ever

1 hour ago, feldi said:

A shardblade cut through all three Realms so I think it does a little more than just kill because even your Cognitive shadow will be damaged as well as your Spiritual one so even Deadpool will have a hard time healing from that since it does more than just kill you because theoretically you wont have enough of yourself to even go to the afterlife so a shardblade will totally destroy Deadpool no matter curse or what ever

The damage done by Hemalurgy doesn't stick around after death, so I doubt shardblade wounds do. In fact, given how healing works in the Cosmere, a spiritual wound that lingers after death wouldn't even be curable through stormlight and the like, as the blueprint of your soul it draws from would need to be damaged as well.

Now to turn this entire discussion around, if you were to use a shardblade against a being from the Marvel Universe like Deadpool, that isn't created by relamatic theory, then could the shardblade even cut it on those realms? Afterall, can you damage someone's spirit web when they do not have one?

2 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

The damage done by Hemalurgy doesn't stick around after death, so I doubt shardblade wounds do. In fact, given how healing works in the Cosmere, a spiritual wound that lingers after death wouldn't even be curable through stormlight and the like, as the blueprint of your soul it draws from would need to be damaged as well.

There is a WoB that in fact Hemalurgy damage sticks after death and that those with such wounds would have some problems with going into afterlife.

Also, there was a WoB about healing damaged Spiritual Aspect and IIRC it was done by templating from Physical and Cognitive.

17 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

There is a WoB that in fact Hemalurgy damage sticks after death and that those with such wounds would have some problems with going into afterlife.

That... doesn't exactly gel with something shown in Secret History.

30 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

That... doesn't exactly gel with something shown in Secret History.

I'm not sure that's the WoB I've seen, but I haven't found anything else:

Lady Radagu

Does being the donor of a Hemalurgic spike have any implications for your afterlife? Or how about the recipient?

Brandon Sanderson

Um, that is actually going to depend on... Okay, yes, it has implications for the afterlife. Yes. Yes.

Lady Radagu

Okay, so are there a bunch of Scadrian souls wandering the afterlife with holes in their personalities or memory or identity? Some with extra parts tacked on?

Brandon Sanderson

So, it has implications, but they're not exactly the ones that you're assuming. In the Cosmere, there is dead, and mostly dead, okay? And this has been shown several times. So, once someone dies, there is a period before they transition. Right? Sazed talks about this in Mistborn 3 and so most of the implications are before transition. Does that makes sense? Post transition, you're going to have to ask the philosophers, and the theologians, who are the ones that, that talk about the.. that. So there's an afterlife, and there's an after-afterlife. Not as many implications for the after-afterlife. Middle? Yes.

source

24 minutes ago, feldi said:

will the Hulk/an Asgardian that became a Lifeless still have their powers????

Hulk Probably yes, an Asgardian depend of how their biology work yes and not. If they remain "godlike" after death, I imagine you can't be able to Awakened them with Breath (or you need to use tons of breah) for the interferences. If their corpse is just flesh and blood. You may turn him into lifeless but he has no more his god's powers

5 hours ago, feldi said:

will the Hulk/an Asgardian that became a Lifeless still have their powers????

I think if Banner died in Hulk form then it might work. Asgardians' powers are linked to their thoughts though and their thoughts as a lifeless probably couldn't trigger their magic. On the other hand they "keep some of their skill  when they were alive" so it might be possible.

33 minutes ago, feldi said:

how hard will it be to convince Ironman armor to be Soulcast???

Doesn't it have a dedicated AI to help control it? Jarvis, then Friday?I suppose that could make the armour somewhat harder to soulcast, what with it having a stronger Identity or something that would interfere with this (I know we've seen a person being soulcast while a stick was un-soulcast-able, but there's a difference in experience levels of soulcasting person).

51 minutes ago, Rasarr said:

Doesn't it have a dedicated AI to help control it? Jarvis, then Friday?I suppose that could make the armour somewhat harder to soulcast, what with it having a stronger Identity or something that would interfere with this (I know we've seen a person being soulcast while a stick was un-soulcast-able, but there's a difference in experience levels of soulcasting person).

That begs the question. Is the AI considered the Cognitive form of the Armor or are they separate entities?

Another thought. Would the AI turn into a Spren upon entering the Cosmere?

Edited by TwelfthOfSnackTime
spelling

15 hours ago, TwelfthOfSnackTime said:

That begs the question. Is the AI considered the Cognitive form of the Armor or are they separate entities?

Another thought. Would the AI turn into a Spren upon entering the Cosmere?

Probably.

But what about repulsors? Last time I checked, soulcasting only works with the 10 essences, and majority of Iron Man's armor isn't made of the ten essences. His original armor may have been of iron, but I'm pretty sure his later models aren't

24 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Last time I checked, soulcasting only works with the 10 essences, and majority of Iron Man's armor isn't made of the ten essences. His original armor may have been of iron, but I'm pretty sure his later models aren't

Jasna in WoK say that the 10 essences are only the easiest to soulcast but you can soulcast everything

Just now, feldi said:

Jasna in WoK say that the 10 essences are only the easiest to soulcast but you can soulcast everything

She does? In that case the problem still stands of the tech inside the machine. What I mean is that woud you be able to soulcast, say an iron beam, into an emerald beam, inlaid with diamonds with gold veins running through them?

On 6/21/2016 at 4:00 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

She does? In that case the problem still stands of the tech inside the machine. What I mean is that woud you be able to soulcast, say an iron beam, into an emerald beam, inlaid with diamonds with gold veins running through them?

If I remember correctly, the one thing you can't soulcast is gemstones. Gemstones are used up in the process of soulcasting, which is why it can't be used to make more.

8 hours ago, feldi said:

I don't know mainly because I cant remember anyone trying that but I think that if you can think on the beam as many different self then you can soulcast each part alone like in the prologue for Bands were Wax thought on the bullet as 3 parts the bullet the case and something and it became 3 different anchors so it's probably all about how you think of it and how it manifest in shadesmar

Please.The spoiler tags are there for a reason. (The eye icon). I haven't read Bands yet :( I was planning to read it after finishing some other books.

6 hours ago, FeatherWriter said:

If I remember correctly, the one thing you can't soulcast is gemstones. Gemstones are used up in the process of soulcasting, which is why it can't be used to make more.

I meant it as a figure of speech. It could be a bar of anything

4 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Please.The spoiler tags are there for a reason. (The eye icon). I haven't read Bands yet :( I was planning to read it after finishing some other books.

Quick moderator note: This topic is in the Cosmere Theories board, and spoiler tags are not required here. Members can use them if they wish, but perusing topics in this board is done at one's own risk.