Star Wars Rogue One

So I loved, really loved, everything in the trailer. Except whenever the lead opened her mouth. So much...it's almost teenage angst attitude. Maybe I'll grow to like her, but bad first impression. I didn't like BB 8 when I first saw him in a trailer, same with Finn, but I really like them now.

Really though, I can't wait, it looks excellent.

BTW the lady they got to play Mon Mothma...wow how in the world did they find a perfect likeness in both face and voice for the original actress??? That's some amazing casting right there.

I'm in the middle of reading Darths and Droids's adaptation of Return of the Jedi, and since she appeared in some recent strips I was also like O_O when she turned up in the Rogue One trailer.

I'm in the middle of reading Darths and Droids's adaptation of Return of the Jedi, and since she appeared in some recent strips I was also like O_O when she turned up in the Rogue One trailer.

I can't look at that character any more without thinking of this line (at 2:49):

Edited by ThirdGen

I am freaking excited for Rogue One. Main character looks awesome. Did you see her walking and she had the Han Solo-esque blaster on her side? Awesome. Hopefully she will be more than female Han Solo, of course. But I am very excited.

I will say that everything looks gorgeous in this. Perhaps more gorgeous than Episode 7. I will always say that in the prequels, that opening of Episode 3 is insane in its beauty. I'm a sucker for space combat. Hopefully there's some good space combat here, in a better movie than Episode 3 (which, ideally, will be a given at this point), and in a movie where ship combat is actually plot relevant. I find that Episode 7's biggest weakness is how irrelevant the Starkiller Base and the fighter sequence at the end was. It just wasn't needed; you want more Rey and Finn in that movie.

But this one. I expect some epic space combat, and a butt-kicking female protagonist who isn't a Jedi. I am sold and very excited.

BTW the lady they got to play Mon Mothma...wow how in the world did they find a perfect likeness in both face and voice for the original actress??? That's some amazing casting right there.

It's the same actress that played her in Ep 3 but she didn't make the cut. They are on deleted scenes on dvd

I can't look at that character any more without thinking of this line (at 2:49):

What I find really hilarious is that the way she delivers her line in this video is basically how she acts in Darths and Droids too--the "valley girl" persona, if you will.

• 1 month later...

Fairly big spoiler (although expected) came out today. I'm not gonna say what but appearently this was a mistake some how and not the way Disney wanted this info to release. So I'm sure someone could possibly lose their job with this bungle. It wasn't that big a surprise to find this out though to me.