Hi. I'm new to Reckoners RPG and I was wondering what you thought of my character.

Backstory

After Erosion got his powers, he rampaged across the countryside for a few years and massacred many people. Eventually, he realized what he had done and forced himself to stop using his powers. Erosion changed his name to Wanderer and traveled around the world trying to help people without using his powers.

Power Portfolio

Wanderer is a wind, water, and earth manipulation epic. He has a limited reservoir of power that regrows over time but drains away as he uses his power. However, once his reservoir reaches a certain capacity, it stops growing. Wanderer now sees visions of the people he killed replaying in his mind and that usually stops him from using his powers too often. Also, while he is using his powers, his personality will change a little, but not permanently. Manipulating wind magnifies his rage. Manipulating water decreases his conscience. Manipulating earth magnifies his cruelty.

Personality

Wanderer hates using his powers and the side effects that go along with it. He strives to be kind, but sometimes his rage gets the better of him.

Which RPG do you recommend I join? Also, to start, do I just write an introductory post to an RP?

Thanks.

Edit: Wanderer helps people using a very small amount of his powers.

Edited by cloudjumper

Hi. I'm new to Reckoners RPG and I was wondering what you thought of my character.

Backstory

After Erosion got his powers, he rampaged across the countryside for a few years and massacred many people. Eventually, he realized what he had done and forced himself to stop using his powers. Erosion changed his name to Wanderer and traveled around the world trying to help people without using his powers.

Power Portfolio

Wanderer is a wind, water, and earth manipulation epic. He has a limited reservoir of power that regrows over time but drains away as he uses his power. However, once his reservoir reaches a certain capacity, it stops growing. Wanderer now sees visions of the people he killed replaying in his mind and that usually stops him from using his powers too often. Also, while he is using his powers, his personality will change a little, but not permanently. Manipulating wind magnifies his rage. Manipulating water decreases his conscience. Manipulating earth magnifies his cruelty.

Which RPG do you recommend I join? Also, to start, do I just write an introductory post to an RP?

Thanks.

Welcome! :) 

On his personality, we're keeping redeemed Epics to a minimum. That he's suppressing his powers isn't out of bounds, but he should be having a lot of trouble resisting the urge to use them and the corruption that comes with it—unless, of course, he's a gifter or not terribly powerful to begin with. 

As for his powers, how strong is his power over each element? How big is this "reservoir"? 

Here's an Epic that I thought of.

Epic Name: Oracle

Primary Power: Superspeed. Mach 0.6.

Secondary Power: High level pyrokinesis.

PI: Anything that might hurt him is disintegrated in a burst of blue flame.

Personality: Takes time to make a decision, tries not to hurt too many people but if he gets mad then it's all over. Likes to walk around with flames on his fingertips.

Appearance: Blue coat, brown eyes, tall. Doesn't show his face because he only has one eye, which he burnt out during his Rending.

Weakness: Water.

Edited by Master Elodin

Primary Power: Precognition.

Personality: Takes time to make a decision, tries not to hurt too many people but if he gets mad then it's all over. Likes to walk around with flames on his fingertips.

Appearance: Blue coat, brown eyes, tall. Doesn't show his face because he only has one eye, which he burnt out during his Rending.

Precognition is a great power, but only the most limited forms would work in this game. Writing a precog takes a good deal of planning ahead of time where fights are concerned, and since we pants just about everything, it really wouldn't work. 

Precognition is a great power, but only the most limited forms would work in this game. Writing a precog takes a good deal of planning ahead of time where fights are concerned, and since we pants just about everything, it really wouldn't work.

Oh, right. Superspeed then. Mach 1.5. Edited by Master Elodin

Welcome! :)

On his personality, we're keeping redeemed Epics to a minimum. That he's suppressing his powers isn't out of bounds, but he should be having a lot of trouble resisting the urge to use them and the corruption that comes with it—unless, of course, he's a gifter or not terribly powerful to begin with. 

As for his powers, how strong is his power over each element? How big is this "reservoir"? 

Thanks so much for your feedback. Wanderer's powers are enough to swallow a group of people into the earth, drain a river or lake, or summon a tornado for a few minutes. Doing so will drain out his power for months and cause a large burst of negative emotion. Generally, the act of creating a concentrated gust of wind, carving a stone, or creating a small cloud will regenerate within a day and only cause a small flare of emotion. Also, I think I forgot to mention that if Wanderer uses more than his available power, then he loses most of his sanity.

For the personality issue, Wanderer has a quick temper, and that occasionally results in a very unfortunate accident occurring. However, he can usually control his emotions, although it is by no means easy. Of course, it is very hard to stay in full control, and inevitably, he will go insane, whether it's from overusing his powers or from extremely severe PTSD (although I'm not entirely sure how that works).

That sounds much more reasonable then, assuming that I understand it right and the "nneding consent from living people" also counts when he's already out of time.

Depends what you mean, The complexity limit does not apply outside of time (he literally has indefinite time in which to focus and zero distractions) so he can pull people in and out of stopped time without their consent, albeit with difficulty. (Similarly, bringing things with him as he moves out of time does not invoke the limit on complexity, just banishing does.) However he can't leave them there without their consent.

Given that persons outside time are unable to be harmed, this means that it is impossible to kill directly with his powers without consent. Which was I think the primary problem before; that it was only artificial limits that kept Eternity from being a game breaker, rather than ones intrinsic to his powerset.

Backstory

Power Portfolio

Personality

Wanderer hates using his powers and the side effects that go along with it. He strives to be kind, but sometimes his rage gets the better of him.

Thanks.

Edit: Wanderer helps people using a very small amount of his powers.

So how exactly did he snap out of it in the first place? After multiple years, I don't think suddenly finding his consience is an option anymore, especially if he's still using his powers.

Primary Power: Superspeed. Mach 0.6.

Are we talking about plain running speed or general motions? Similairly, what does 'high level' pyrokinesis mean exactly and does it come with fire resistance?

From both of you, I'd ask for a bit of writing of the characters actually using their powers.

Depends what you mean, The complexity limit does not apply outside of time (he literally has indefinite time in which to focus and zero distractions) so he can pull people in and out of stopped time without their consent, albeit with difficulty. (Similarly, bringing things with him as he moves out of time does not invoke the limit on complexity, just banishing does.) However he can't leave them there without their consent.

Given that persons outside time are unable to be harmed, this means that it is impossible to kill directly with his powers without consent. Which was I think the primary problem before; that it was only artificial limits that kept Eternity from being a game breaker, rather than ones intrinsic to his powerset.

So if he tries to leave them, does he still cause the mind crush?