Skyrim rp Discussion thread

Silverblade5

Question - is it too late for me to join? If so, here's my character submission. If not, ignore this post.

Name: Rajhin

Race: Khajiit (Suthay-Raht, slightly shorter than Skyrim Khajiit)

Profession: Thief

Skills: Sneak, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, Restoration Magic, Alteration Magic.

Star Sign: Serpent

Worships"These gods are nothing but dragons on a greater scale. Anyone who worships something they know to be flawed is as great a fool as Rajhin has ever seen. If you must worship, worship someone for being a paragon of your ideal. Such as, say, Rajhin, thief god."

Appearance: Thick, tiger-stripe pattern fur, braided yellow mane, solid gold earrings, gold and emerald circlet. Refuses to wear armor, opting instead for a luxurious purple robe he found on a cultist of Vaermina. Wears spiked metal gauntlets that leave his fingers - and therefore claws - exposed. With regards to fighting, the spikes on the gloves are blunt and just for intimidation; he prefers to use those carving knives that Khajiit like to call their fingernails. He is never seen without an amulet around his neck to either one of the Daedric Princes, Eight Divines or to Alduin - stolen, of course. The particular amulet he chooses to wear on any particular day depends on his mood and the person he is planning to rob.

Moral Code"You call yourself thief. A thief takes to keep for himself, or to sell for coin. You do so, true, but were you also paid to put an arrow in that guard's throat? Or to kill that witness? A bad thief gets caught and kills to get out. A good thief never gets caught in the first place. The day Rajhin is cornered with no escape but violence is the day Rajhin can no longer call himself thief god."

Exceptions"Occasionally, This One finds someone who is such a waste of flesh and air, who brings so much misery to the world, more than Rajhin would do in a thousand years... now, in these situations, Rajhin doesn't have to be paid to kill someone. Well, them, and Daedra. Daedra always come back. It's fine to kill them, if one does not mind making an enemy for the next eternity. And undead. This One must never forget about undead, or how much his fingers hurt punching bone hard enough to snap it in half. Undead are some of the only times Rajhin can take off the safety gloves - the spikes get stuck in their flesh too easily for something that has been dead so long."

Ambitions"This One occasionally listens to priests boasting. 'Meridia's Ring of Khajiit is always within her sight. Hermaeus Mora's forbidden knowledge is guarded by all the Daedra in Apocrypha. Alduin's Dragonstone never leaves his neck.' This One is here to prove them fools. But first, Rajhin will try to steal something less ambitious. Like a regent's dignity."

Edited by Adamir

Question - is it too late for me to join? If so, here's my character submission. If not, ignore this post.

Name: Rajhin

Race: Khajiit (Suthay-Raht, slightly shorter than Skyrim Khajiit)

Profession: Thief

Skills: Sneak, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, Restoration Magic, Alteration Magic.

Star Sign: Serpent

Worships"These gods are nothing but dragons on a greater scale. Anyone who worships something they know to be flawed is as great a fool as Rajhin has ever seen. If you must worship, worship someone for being a paragon of your ideal. Such as, say, Rajhin, thief god."

Appearance: Thick, tiger-stripe pattern fur, braided yellow mane, solid gold earrings, gold and emerald circlet. Refuses to wear armor, opting instead for a luxurious purple robe he found on a cultist of Vaermina. Wears spiked metal gauntlets that leave his fingers - and therefore claws - exposed. With regards to fighting, the spikes on the gloves are blunt and just for intimidation; he prefers to use those carving knives that Khajiit like to call their fingernails. He is never seen without an amulet around his neck to either one of the Daedric Princes, Eight Divines or to Alduin - stolen, of course. The particular amulet he chooses to wear on any particular day depends on his mood and the person he is planning to rob.

Moral Code"You call yourself thief. A thief takes to keep for himself, or to sell for coin. You do so, true, but were you also paid to put an arrow in that guard's throat? Or to kill that witness? A bad thief gets caught and kills to get out. A good thief never gets caught in the first place. The day Rajhin is cornered with no escape but violence is the day Rajhin can no longer call himself thief god."

Exceptions"Occasionally, This One finds someone who is such a waste of flesh and air, who brings so much misery to the world, more than Rajhin would do in a thousand years... now, in these situations, Rajhin doesn't have to be paid to kill someone. Well, them, and Daedra. Daedra always come back. It's fine to kill them, if one does not mind making an enemy for the next eternity. And undead. This One must never forget about undead, or how much his fingers hurt punching bone hard enough to snap it in half. Undead are some of the only times Rajhin can take off the safety gloves - the spikes get stuck in their flesh too easily for something that has been dead so long."

Ambitions"This One occasionally listens to priests boasting. 'Meridia's Ring of Khajiit is always within her sight. Hermaeus Mora's forbidden knowledge is guarded by all the Daedra in Apocrypha. Alduin's Dragonstone never leaves his neck.' This One is here to prove them fools. But first, Rajhin will try to steal something less ambitious. Like a regent's dignity."

It's never to late to join! Your character sounds very interesting, looking forward to him joining the fun!

Silver, did you want Grihff to actually tell Kel what he was up to, or should that just be something that can pass time until the next Nightingale shows up?

I'd prefer he was told, but do whatever you want. As a side note, most of my ideas are like David's plans. They might be good, but will almost always have a serious lack of development. That is one thing I'll always need help with.

I'd prefer he was told, but do whatever you want. As a side note, most of my ideas are like David's plans. They might be good, but will almost always have a serious lack of development. That is one thing I'll always need help with.

Alright, I'll get that done. We can also spend time developing the plan beforehand, I think that will help us a lot. 

You guys like the (extra) reference to Mistborn :ph34r: 

I'm thinking of adding a new character, a mage who stumbled upon Grihff after his fight with the dragon, and she decided to heal him. I'll post a bio soon, unless someone else wants that role. Unless someone else does want her, I'll probably do a flashback scene where she encounters Grihff, but I won't do that until more people start posting.  

You guys like the (extra) reference to Mistborn :ph34r:

I'm thinking of adding a new character, a mage who stumbled upon Grihff after his fight with the dragon, and she decided to heal him. I'll post a bio soon, unless someone else wants that role. Unless someone else does want her, I'll probably do a flashback scene where she encounters Grihff, but I won't do that until more people start posting.

I did indeed

So, I've been wondering something lately: What effect do you guys think using the skeleton key(an artifact that can unlock hidden potential) with an elder scroll(a sapient artifact that shows different content with each viewing and transcends adera) would have?