Bryce Carmony

Paalm freak = 1

Kandra = 2?

Koloss= 5?

Inquisitor = 11???

Any good sources pinning down or expanding these?

Kandra blessings come in pairs, mentioned throughout HoA as well as SoS and Bands.

Koloss have 4 I believe not 5.

Inquisitors spikes varied pretty widely throughout but the standard Inquisitors from TLRs time did have 11 I think.

Kandra blessings come in pairs, mentioned throughout HoA as well as SoS and Bands.

Koloss have 4 I believe not 5.

Inquisitors spikes varied pretty widely throughout but the standard Inquisitors from TLRs time did have 11 I think.

I think Koloss is 5 because you spike 4 victims then the 5th goes in the person who becomes the koloss.

So could a kandra have more than two or is two the limit?

Edited by Bryce Carmony

I think Koloss is 5 because you spike 4 victims then the 5th goes in the person who becomes the koloss.

So could a kandra have more than two or is two the limit?

You put the 4 spikes into the fifth person.

They could, but the standard blessing that grants them sentience and another ability is only two.

don't forget the guys in mistborn era 2 book two only had one shard........

Bands spoilers

also, kelsier only had one spike at the end of era 2 book 3.......... connection?

Edited by Voidus
Please tag spoilers

You put the 4 spikes into the fifth person.

They could, but the standard blessing that grants them sentience and another ability is only two.

Ah. Yeah I got that now. 5 people 4 spikes. I window

Wonder what a spiked chasm fiend would be like. Seems like a interesting spirit web to work with.

They break carapace with chisels (when shard isn't available) which are literally a metal spikes

Right, but that's to break it open. I mean to drive a spike into it, and the spike stay lodged. Wouldn't it be better to drill a hole and have inquisitor screws instead? Then the strength of the carapace isn't cracked and compromised, and you still potentially get the same result. Though that may be more traumatic to the creature.......

There's not much blood flow in an earlobe

There is flow, though, even if it's minimal. There's still veins and capillaries at least in the ear. Heck, I had the top of my ear pricked by an acupuncturist (intentionally) and it certainly let a fair bit of blood out.

If Hemalurgy does indeed require "flowing" blood, that could be a valid concern, but the movement that inevitably occurs even in organisms without our type of circulatory system is likely still enough.

jW

hmm blood flow. Technically an ear piercing heals itself around the earning, so there is no blood flow.  When spook was stabby stabbed with a spike, it was in his body.  Same with inquisitors.

I am getting confused what people constitute as blood flow. Getting stabbed in the stomach, causes you to bleed out, but your not hitting an artery. Is that what you are all referring to as blood flow? That it has to hit a artery or other tube? Because then how would the inquisitor eye spikes get the required blood flow? Also wouldn't the spikes block the flow when piercing it? My thoughts is that you can't spike something dead, so no blood moving in the body at all. That is where I personally believe blood flow comes into play, but if I missed something, and am wrong, I will concede. I am not too knowledgeable concerning hemalurgy. That was just the impression I got. 

Well once you have magic pointy metal in you something changes physically to make you not die from it. Perhaps the blood can go around somehow . . . I mean, Penrod's heart kept beating so who knows.

Regardless, bind points always have flowing blood the moment you impale them. It's in hemalurgy's name and all that. Gotta have blood. It's probably less actual bleeding and more that there is realmatic significance to why blood goes through places, in my opinion.

Edited by natc

Well once you have magic pointy metal in you something changes physically to make you not die from it. Perhaps the blood can go around somehow . . . I mean, Penrod's heart kept beating so who knows.

Regardless, bind points always have flowing blood the moment you impale them. It's in hemalurgy's name and all that. Gotta have blood. It's probably less actual bleeding and more that there is realmatic significance to why blood goes through places, in my opinion.

Right, but unless my understanding of anatomy is off (I will say it is rusty), you could stab anywhere on the human body, and strike some flowing blood. To expand on that, especially in an open circulatory system, you could stab anywhere and definitely get flowing blood. The only exception I could think to this, is if the flowing blood has to be in arteries, veins, and capillaries which I do not recall seeing that requirement anywhere. 

edit: ah I thought of an analogy that helps convey what I am trying to say. In order to constitute blood flow, does it have to be a "river" or could it be waves in an ocean? Both contain flowing water, but does it have to have a specific direction/containment?

Edited by Pathfinder

Right, but unless my understanding of anatomy is off (I will say it is rusty), you could stab anywhere on the human body, and strike some flowing blood. To expand on that, especially in an open circulatory system, you could stab anywhere and definitely get flowing blood. The only exception I could think to this, is if the flowing blood has to be in arteries, veins, and capillaries which I do not recall seeing that requirement anywhere. 

edit: ah I thought of an analogy that helps convey what I am trying to say. In order to constitute blood flow, does it have to be a "river" or could it be waves in an ocean? Both contain flowing water, but does it have to have a specific direction/containment?

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at, whether that makes a distinction.  My assumption is that it doesn't, but would really only be distinguished from stabbing, say, a dead body, or a plant or something that doesn't have blood.  I don't know if Brandon meant for there to be more of a requirement beyond that, though.

jW

• Chaos locked this topic