Ending of book - Dawnslight [spoilers]

ratatask

I think that Prof left him alive. Why kill him? He provides food, lighting, and (maybe, depending on his creativity) heats the city, making three fewer things he has to worry about.

Really, only an Epic in his Rending would kill him.

• 1 month later...

Based on the fact that David got a cookie message from him in the very end, I'm assuming he's alive. But I'm honestly not sure for how long. I mean, someone has to take care of him, and while all those people who pray to him might be wiling if the situation were explained to them, I don't think they'd manage to keep him safe from a determined rebellion or another epic. I'm rather worried about him personally.

Isn't the city basically falling apart though since the below water stuff is all rusted and now it's not below water anymore?  Is it still safe to live there? Or maybe I only got the impression it was a problem because of the building that collapsed when water rushed back in.

Isn't the city basically falling apart though since the below water stuff is all rusted and now it's not below water anymore?  Is it still safe to live there? Or maybe I only got the impression it was a problem because of the building that collapsed when water rushed back in.

No, the roots held up the buildings even after the water receded.  

• Chaos locked this topic