Kelsier and Vin. Versus the Thunderclast

Mistborn? or Thunderclasts?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Kelsier and Vin working together
    • Thunderclast

I'm not sure. I heard it somewhere, but I'm not sure where. That's the problem on here sometimes. It feels right, but it could be a theory. I don't know where I heard it originally. That's why I said I don't know if there is anything official on it.

No worries. It does make sense in my mind in lieu of the scene in the Broadsheet, I just wanted to check if there was a signing I missed with any tasty bits :)  

First of all, vin and kelsier together would easily destroy a stormclast I think. I would guess that your average radiant is actually slightly more powerful than your average mistborn (radiants heal wounds absurdly quickly, in the case of windrunners have more controlled flight than allomancy offers, and also in the case of windrunners might have fighting precognition that is worse than atium but still effective). However, this is vin and kelsier, probably the two most powerful mistborn there have been (fullborn may be more powerful but they aren't technically "mistborn"). If a single radiant and their entourage could take out a stormclast and have reasonable expectation of victory while going at it, I imagine vin and kelsier could take one out as well.

Second of all, TLR would be able to defeat batman without the slightest effort. Batman is still just a regular human.

Finally, I think a chromium misting would be better at negating other people's magic than an aluminum misting. Storms, they might even be able to dispel somebody else's shardblade.

Batman did beat superman. And my theory is that he finds a way to neutralize Rashek's power. It's how he works when faced with more powerful opponents. Aluminum grapples to pull off the bracers?

My problem with this is typically in vs battles (or at least how I envision them), you take two characters put them in an arena, and then say FIGHT! a la mortal kombat style. Batman beating superman, The Lord Ruler or any other powered individual always assumes he has the time, and resources in order to find out said weakness, adapt said weakness to his personal arsenal, and employ said weakness. In an arena fight I just gave the example of, batman would have none of these. This goes under the same logic of Vin beating Kaladin or Kaladin beating Vin. In a straight up fight on the battlefield Kaladin would win. Outside the battlefield Vin would win with an assassination. That's why although valid, I feel the "batman wins because batman will think of anything he needs to do to win" ironically becomes a deus ex machina lol. He wins because he is batman and he would be able to think of a way to win. Eventually there will be a intelligence curve where Batman won't be able to out think everyone and won't be able to solve every problem no matter how he plans

Batman did beat superman. And my theory is that he finds a way to neutralize Rashek's power. It's how he works when faced with more powerful opponents. Aluminum grapples to pull off the bracers?

So now imagine superman with 1000 years more experience and telekinesis and no kryptonite.

Here's a thought. Let's say we give both the Lord Ruler and Batman equal time to prepare. Couldn't The Lord Ruler burn malatium when he sees Batman to learn he is Bruce Wayne and by tracking him, learn the location of the batcave and sabotage all his gadgets? Store his connection so he (hypothetically) isn't noticed by Batman or Bruce Wayne, and follow him to Wayne Manor. Then using steel, the Lord Ruler would see the entire cave complex under the manor, and also using steel trigger the hidden catch to open it while Wayne is gone. Then using compounded bendalloy, he has all the time in the world to sabotage all of Batman's gadgets, and check on whatever plans Batman is making and out think them. Then when combat happens, and Batman reveals his amazing plan and pulls out his anti-investiture gadget that will win him the day, it explodes in his face, and then the Lord Ruler rips out his heart. 

The thing is, I see Bruce as having found his way to Scadrial, as opposed to Rashek finding his way to Earth. In large part because Earth is not part of the cosmere and we can't say whether or not Investiture works outside it. DC heroes finding their way to another planet though? Happens all the time. Keep in mind, Rashek is complacent, and has no personal experience with our kind of technology. Or plastic...

And Bruce would not fight Superman without Kryptonite.

The thing is, I see Bruce as having found his way to Scadrial, as opposed to Rashek finding his way to Earth. In large part because Earth is not part of the cosmere and we can't say whether or not Investiture works outside it. DC heroes finding their way to another planet though? Happens all the time. Keep in mind, Rashek is complacent, and has no personal experience with our kind of technology. Or plastic...

So then Bruce is on a planet that is pre-industrial, with only the gadgets he happen to have on him at the time, during a rulership where aluminum is such a closely guarded secret that no one but the Lord Ruler himself and the inquisitors know of it. So how is Batman supposed to figure out that Rashek is a fullborn, what that means regarding compounding, and how to make something anti investiture with aluminum when the main characters of the original trilogy didn't know? The only way they end up learning is by nearly dying multiple times coupled with literal divine intervention, of which the only reason they survived is due to their own mistborn powers of which Batman has none. 

edit: oh and add that the atmosphere would be toxic to him due to the prevalence of ash

Edited by Pathfinder

Thunderclast. Although Kelsier and Vin are both super awesome and everything, thunderclasts are made of stone, and AFAIK pretty much all of the Metals are more useful for fighting a human target than a stone one. So unless Kelsier or Vin got a Nahel bond it probably wouldn't do well for them, as they would eventually run out of metals fighting the giant stone monster.

To quote the coppermind's quote of Dalinar:

Those aren’t stones. They’re creatures. Massive creatures, easily five or six times the size of a person, their skin dull and grey like granite.

This has always been the argument for Batman vs Superman, but it amazes me how that's where so many people stop and think that's the end of it. It's been shown that Superman has reflexes just as fast as his speed (if he didn't, how would he keep from running into things?), in addition to his super senses, namely hearing and sight. My point here is that it would be incredibly difficult for Batman to sneak up on Superman (arguably impossible), and with his reflexes and speed Superman would easily be able to quickly get far enough away to be outside of the Kryptonite's range and just heat-vision Batman to dust. Problem solved.

• Chaos locked this topic