Hemalurgic loop

king of nowhere

Maybe it has been answered already, but I just got this idea:

- we have confirmed that gold healing can repair the damage done by hemalurgy.

- so you could spike yourself for your power (in a nonletal way) and then heal and still have your power.

- then you could spike yourself with the spike you just made, so you'd have the same power twice as powerful.

- repeat at will

- profit?

or, you could just trade your spike for one with a power you don't have.

but the main point is, by spiking and healing you can get a spike for free. can it work? or we have some wob or wop that healing the damage of a spike automatically removes the power from the spike?

Re-spiking yourself hadn't necessarily occurred to me, the general idea makes sense. I don't believe we have any WoB on whether the power would be "pulled back" from the spike upon healing, but the "scar tissue" nature of soul-healing suggests otherwise: that you're replacing the missing bits with fundamentally new Investiture.

Somehow I don't think turning the parts of your spiritual aspect responsible for magic into a mass of scar tissue will do happy things to you. Best case scenario it's like cutting your liver in half and waiting for it to heal, repeatedly. And that's been demonstrated to be a very interesting bit of biology there.

I'm with Voidus on that one, at the very least. It's already completely possible 

to turn somebody into a Fullborn with clever use of Feruchemy and Allomancy. That route strikes me as much safer than trying to repeatedly slice up people's spiritwebs for the same end result.

On a side note, what's stopping future!Scadrial from having every single person alive be a Fullborn aside from time and manufacturing? Is there enough of Preservation to support that many? Is there some limitation I'm not thinking of?

(I think it's called "Harmony" if I had to take a stab at it)

I'm with Voidus on that one, at the very least. It's already completely possible 

to turn somebody into a Fullborn with clever use of Feruchemy and Allomancy. That route strikes me as much safer than trying to repeatedly slice up people's spiritwebs for the same end result.

On a side note, what's stopping future!Scadrial from having every single person alive be a Fullborn aside from time and manufacturing? Is there enough of Preservation to support that many? Is there some limitation I'm not thinking of?

(I think it's called "Harmony" if I had to take a stab at it)

This is why I've always asserted that Scadrians will be the antagonists in the sci-fi era, a race of super powerful immortals who know how to steal powers from other planets. Pretty clear path for them to become an evil empire.

This is why I've always asserted that Scadrians will be the antagonists in the sci-fi era, a race of super powerful immortals who know how to steal powers from other planets. Pretty clear path for them to become an evil empire.

Well when you put it that way...  :unsure:

Question here being whether or not they'd have to go through Harmony first to do that. Would his intent allow him to take major action, or would he be hamstrung as usual? I'm not sure he'd be pleased with interplanetary conquest, but I can't be sure.

Somehow I don't think turning the parts of your spiritual aspect responsible for magic into a mass of scar tissue will do happy things to you. Best case scenario it's like cutting your liver in half and waiting for it to heal, repeatedly. And that's been demonstrated to be a very interesting bit of biology there.

Hey, I'm sure there must be some use to having a half dozen livers grafted to various parts of your body. If nothing else, you'd have the greatest poison resistance of anyone :)

• Chaos locked this topic