Sanderson Metal Recovery

KidWayne

A tin foil hat would be worse than useless if Allomancers are involved. It could be used to snap the wearer's neck with a good push or pull. Aluminum, though...

I wonder if Sanderson knew what he was doing when he made 1) a power that could, in a sense, control someone's mind and 2) aluminum as a metal that, when used as/in a hat, will protect you from the aforementioned power.

Basically, he made aluminum foil hats a legitimate protection from mind control.

A tin foil hat would be worse than useless if Allomancers are involved. It could be used to snap the wearer's neck with a good push or pull. Aluminum, though...

I wonder if Sanderson knew what he was doing when he made 1) a power that could, in a sense, control someone's mind and 2) aluminum as a metal that, when used as/in a hat, will protect you from the aforementioned power.

Basically, he made aluminum foil hats a legitimate protection from mind control.

Of course he knew what he was doing. What did we learn about coincidences?

Actually, I believe that I read a bit where he admitted to doing it by accident and then found it quite amusing that he'd just invented a world in which foil hats were a genuine protection against mental manipulation.

• Chaos locked this topic