The Animal joke

emailanimal

So,

something small but funny I did not see mentioned on this pages, I thought I'd bring up.

There is a rather hilarious MeLaan horse joke in the book.

There is WoB somewhere that the first mental image of Wax and Wayne books he had was Wayne riding into a Roughs town on a kandra disguised as horse. He then had to abandon that scene because other things became more important.

The fact that the whole "Oh, you mean *riding* them?" is an homage to that first mental image he had, makes it even more fun to read....

Ooh, is that what that joke was about! I thought it was "just" a way of pointing out how alien the kandra are. Like the whole "You can't eat a corpse!"
"You have more in common with a cow than I do a human and no one has a problem with that".

And I loved how they made such a big deal about MeLaan's immortality and then.....nope she's a mistwraith. :(

Edited by Delightful

At least she got restored quickly enough to not have too many gaps in her memory. And it's happened to her once before.

And on the main topic, now I'm wondering about that horse Wayne claims he once stole that could belch music. And what do we see Wayne and MeLaan doing the first time they meet? Clearly, it was her all along!

At least she got restored quickly enough to not have too many gaps in her memory. And it's happened to her once before.

And on the main topic, now I'm wondering about that horse Wayne claims he once stole that could belch music. And what do we see Wayne and MeLaan doing the first time they meet? Clearly, it was her all along!

There actually is a WoB about it, beloved it out not. Someone asked if the horse was from nalthis. Brandon's response was that not everything Wayne is saying needs to be taken at face value. Edited by emailanimal

• Chaos locked this topic