The Ghostbloods and their origins [Bands and Secret History spoilers]

Blightsong

I would like to preface this by saying they most of this theory is based off of educated guesses and other unconfirmed theories. I do think I am on to something however. My theories' thesis is this:

Kelsier is the founder and possibly leader of the Ghostbloods.

After regaining a physical form he traveled to the Southern Scadrians and saved them using his new Mistfabrials. Afterwards he continued to explore the Cosmere, eventually founding a group to hurl him push forward his as of yet unkmown agenda. He named them after what he had become and had since been trying to new, probably intricate Cosmere wide plan.

This is why him in Sazed have been out of contact despite Kelsier being spiked as we learned in SoS. This is why a (probable) SoScadrian is in charge of finding out Roshar's interesting secrets.

Please feel free to add to my musings and tell me whet you think.

We are going to run out of secret societies for Kelsier to found *very* *very* soon.

There are already parallel threads with "Keliser is the founder of 17th Shard" theories.

Granted, we know much less about the Ghostbloods than we do about the 17th Shard (as little as we know about the latter, it has been mentioned by Hoid in a context that allows us to discount Kelsier as the founder), and granted the Ghostbloods might sound like more of a Kelsier-style organization, *there is very little actual evidence* to support it. In fact, there is no evidence in support of this suggestion.

Ghostbloods appear to be very entrenched in Roshar politics, appear to take a very specific position concerning the topic of surgbinding vs. desolations (something that appears to split the various Roshar secret societies), and appear to have worldhoppers on their staff. Their object of interest appears to be whatever is going on on Roshar.

Kelsier last we have seen him was very much about Scadrial.  There is a recently released Word of Brandon that at the time of Wax and Wayne he is essentially doing some backstage influencing of things around the main characters. This is just after the first five books of Stormlight Archive. We, of course, have no idea what happens to Ghostbloods by the end of volume 5 (maybe they meet Nightblood, maybe they take over Odium, maybe they invade Aimia), but even accounting for that - if Kelsier had access to a wide range of worldhoppers, what the heck is he doing whispering in Wax's ears?

It's certainly plausible. They would be operating hundreds of years after the events of M:SH. Plenty of time for Kelsier to recruit a solid "crew". Roshar also seems to be an important battleground in the cosmere (and quite full of worldhoppers). I'm guessing Blightsongs theory stems from the Ghostblood in the mask being a southern Scadrial. Who knows though, she could be working for anyone.

We are going to run out of secret societies for Kelsier to found *very* *very* soon.

We will all feel very foolish when his true role on Roshar is revealed: Yup, you guessed it, all along  Kelsier was the true identity of Shshshshsh.

Ghostbloods is certainly a good name for an organisation with feelers into the Cognitive realm.

I don't think, however, that necessarily means that Kelsier founded them. GIven their casual attitude to murder in order to qualify, (which Kelsier would have reserved for all but the best of nobles, rather than allowing within his crew) and their philosophy about hunter and prey, they don't really seem to have any influence from Kelsier in how they function.

• Chaos locked this topic