Is Rock the Same as Lift?

SirTraconus

Ok, so we know that Lift exists more in the cognitive realm than other people, which gives her unique abilities. She can turn food into stormlight, she can see spren differently, and even touch them. The one I want to focus on is the fact that she sees Wyndle as a vine, not as crystals and dust, or whatever normal people see. That got me thinking about Rock. He can see spren, even when they don't want to be seen. Now, Wyndle doesn't choose to not be seen, he is just very hard to see. But it still begs the question, what would Rock see if he looked at Wyndle? I personally think he'd see the vines.

What I'm driving at is that I think that what Rock does is the same thing that Lift does, just less so. I think bathing in the Horneater shardpool dragged him just a tiny bit into the cognitive realm, just like Lift was. But, again, less so.  

I got pretty excited when I thought of this, but I'm not so sure if its actually all that exciting. I apologize if this is common knowledge and I'm just over reacting. But on the flip side, if it is a new idea, then hey, I thought of it first. Although I'm sure I didn't.

I think bathing in the Horneater shardpool dragged him just a tiny bit into the cognitive realm, just like Lift was. But, again, less so.

That is part of it. The other part is that Horneaters have some listener blood in them, and listener minds are closer to shadesmar than human ones, at least according to their songs. Lift, however, seems to be closer to shadesmar in body, not mind. Edited by DreamEternal

Some are apparently terrible at vanishing, some terrible at becoming visible, I think. With middle ground I suppose.

Rock can just see them regardless though. He apologizes to the bindspren after realizing that they probably did not wish to be seen when they proved only visible to him and Kaladin.

Rock can just see them regardless though. He apologizes to the bindspren after realizing that they probably did not wish to be seen when they proved only visible to him and Kaladin.

We don't know if he can see them all. For exemple, he never spotted Glys.

Although, if Ym's spren is any indication, it may be because Truthwatcher sprens are very afraid of being noticed..

• Chaos locked this topic