Ask Water Anything

Water

Why don't you visit Arizona more often? :ph34r:

Yeaaaah, about that. Can I get personal here? Storms, I hate unloading my life on everybody, but sometimes I just feel misunderstood. Here's the thing: I'm totally at Wind's mercy, and she is a jerk, most of the time.

See, Wind is in ultimate control of cloud movement and basically weather in general. And she pretends not to be! Making crappy excuses about windmills and global climate patterns, when really, she's just irresponsible and petty.

I want to visit you, I swear. You have no idea how exciting, how crisp it feels to just soak into a dry piece of ground. Yum! But at present, I don't know how to change Wind's mind (if she even has one; hard to tell sometimes).

Like I said, sorry to dump that bit of gossip on you. Just trying to do my job, and there's only so much I can do. Kinda irrating sometimes. :/

Oh hey there! Long time no see . . . And by that I mean, you need to get out more. I know you like it here in Florida, but I just see you so often, I can't help but wonder if you need some time off. I think we could manage if we had a just few dry days each year. :ph34r:

My question: what happened with you and oil? Why do you hate each other so much?

Oh hey there! Long time no see . . . And by that I mean, you need to get out more. I know you like it here in Florida, but I just see you so often, I can't help but wonder if you need some time off. I think we could manage if we had a just few dry days each year. :ph34r:

Haha, I know, right? Only problem is that I'm all over the best places to take leave! Go on a cruise? Done that. Deep-sea diving? Nah, I'm already literally the deep sea. Disneyland? People get angry if I show up there. At the moment, the places that I'm excited about visiting are the Nordic countries, who have really fantastic ice sculptures and such at this time of the year. It's a weirdly out-of-body experience to see an ice sculpture, in a sense. Hard to explain, but seeing ice is like, "Woah, that's me!" Getting ripples all over just thinking about ice...anyway, I'll note that about Florida. Thanks for the input; it really is nice to be valued as more than just water, y'know? People take me for granted. Heck, vegetables take me for granted, and that isn't a pleasant experience for anyone.

My question: what happened with you and oil? Why do you hate each other so much?

Oh wow. Um. Basically, it all started millenia ago, when Oil and I had a bit of a spat. He called me dense, I called him an airhead, and things really haven't been the same since. :/

Part of it is that we just don't have good chemistry together. I mean, we try to be friends, we really do, but think of it like trying to mix oil and water together. Oh wait, dang it, I forgot that we basically invented that analogy. >.< Hm. In the end, we just both have polarizing views that don't really allow for compromise (though personally, I think there's a lot to be said for the fact that people use me to wash Oil off themselves).

Can the parts of you in the human body communicate with the parts of you in fruit, and in the earth, and in the sea?

Short answer: Yes, absolutely.

Long answer: I think there's a fundamental misconception here. If you've seen the fantastic movie Guardians of the Galaxy, you'll know that there's a scene near the end where Groot enfolds the team in his Groot cocoon and says, "We are Groot." So even though a given member of the team is split off physically from every other member of the team, they are still Groot. Does that make sense? There's only one Water, and I am it. The pieces that split off of me and go into something like you mention (say a fruit) are really just appendages. I follow my instincts with these appendages and rarely break the rules. That said, when one of my "appendages" turns to ice (and to a lesser degree, gas), I can't feel it very well, if at all (like the frostbite of all frostbites haha).

Just one thing. Wat er those?!?!??!?!??!

Wait, you said "one thing," and then you say "those."

?!?!?!??? I don't get it, and I know a lot of languages.

So can I blame you for slipping on ice and hurting my hand or should I find your cousin- solid water?

Sure! You can absolutely blame me. It's not my fault, but I never underestimate the propensity of humans to blame other things for their problems.

Like I said above, ice is still me, I just can't feel it.

Three questions.

One, why have you been neglecting poor California? I realize with the El Niño you've given it some, but still, reservoirs are barely above half capacity. It's gotten lonely, seeing all those other states with their blizzards and rainstorms and floods.

And two, are you Hydra?  :huh:

Three, I do have to say I'm a huge fan of yours. Your work is just so refreshing. Keep up the good work, Water. Can I call you H2O?

Three questions.

One, why have you been neglecting poor California? I realize with the El Niño you've given it some, but still, reservoirs are barely above half capacity. It's gotten lonely, seeing all those other states with their blizzards and rainstorms and floods.

Hehehe, trust me, you don't want what I've given them. :ph34r:

And two, are you Hydra?  :huh:

Nope! I supply them with me, but that's it.

Three, I do have to say I'm a huge fan of yours. Your work is just so refreshing. Keep up the good work, Water. Can I call you H2O?

Well, that's not a question, but thanks! Makes me feel all simmery inside! :) And yes, that's fine!

When you're flowing, do you not stop, keeping it ice cold?

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gV7a22pVrj0I'm not in a cold mood right now.

What do you think of artists who name themselves after one of your many forms, like Vanilla Ice?

I've never heard of a real artist named after me., to be brutally honest.

Do you keep in touch with your cousin H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide)?

I do, but I try to never get in an argument with him. Oh my god, he burns me so bad. Like putting H2O2 on a cut, almost.

• 2 weeks later...