What's in the New Update?

STINK

So, what does this mean for us?

What specifically we're changing/implementing from the new version is a question above my head. That said, in the short term, i would probably expect at least the UI to look a bit different, maybe some options and things swapped around. We might see more features implemented/used as time goes on, pending on chaos' whim.

The ability to undo downvotes is one thing. The ability to do callouts (using @Haelbarde would leave me a notification without needing quote one of my posts or PMing me). The forum will no longer have a mobile version, rather it will be adaptive, meaning the site will automatically rescale to the size of the browser, meaning the mobile version will be fully featured.

We'll be losing the rich text/code view editor, which is a bit of a pain.

That's about the extent of what I've heard is in the update.

Goodbye and good riddance to that. Both of the editors are annoying.

To be clear, I was referring specifically to the lights off mode (I believe Rich Text editor is the name for it). And it's a bad thing because the WYSIWYG mode is usually unreliable for complex posts, and the RTE is the best way of making sure it works.

To be clear, I was referring specifically to the lights off mode (I believe Rich Text editor is the name for it). And it's a bad thing because the WYSIWYG mode is usually unreliable for complex posts, and the RTE is the best way of making sure it works.

I read your post wrong, oops.

Now this is agitating. If only they just made the default (and only) editor the RTE.

Agree on the issue of the editors. The plain text one doesn't even make line breaks at the

end of the input window (that's why I'll do it manually here).

The WYSIWYG editor should (that's how I understood it) end quotes itself when the *return*

key is hit two times.

That also doesn't work. Instead it's erratically adding [ /quote ] tags.

Honestly, both editors are plain pain. :(

Edit: Because of those problems I'm mostly writing (if any) offline but there's the next problem:

When I copy-paste my text into the input window and use the preview I'll see that each and every

break I did to seperate paragraphes (== two times return) is ignored. :(

Wah, and even editing it *steals* my manually made breaks as I figure just now.

Edited by Meg

Agree on the issue of the editors. The plain text one doesn't even make line breaks at the

end of the input window (that's why I'll do it manually here).

The WYSIWYG editor should (that's how I understood it) end quotes itself when the *return*

key is hit two times.

That also doesn't work. Instead it's erratically adding [ /quote ] tags.

Honestly, both editors are plain pain. :(

Edit: Because of those problems I'm mostly writing (if any) offline but there's the next problem:

When I copy-paste my text into the input window and use the preview I'll see that each and every

break I did to seperate paragraphes (== two times return) is ignored. :(

Wah, and even editing it *steals* my manually made breaks as I figure just now.

That's an extremely strange problem which I don't believe anyone else has on the forums.

What browser are you using?

I'm using different browsers at home (Opera) and at work (Firefox). I already tried Firefox at home and Opera at work and IE on both computers also -- the result is the same as described. When pasting text I tried "insert" as well as "insert plain text." No change whatsoever.

I understood the posts in this thread as me not being the only one having problems. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

I looked into this issue and found someone else with what I think are similar problems here: https://forum.tuts4you.com/topic/23144-new-board-problems/

According to that thread, the 3.1.2 update of IPB fixed this. But that was 5 years ago... I'll look into that, but it sounds like when we upgrade the forums it might fix your problems, Meg.

I looked into this issue and found someone else with what I think are similar problems here: https://forum.tuts4you.com/topic/23144-new-board-problems/

According to that thread, the 3.1.2 update of IPB fixed this. But that was 5 years ago... I'll look into that, but it sounds like when we upgrade the forums it might fix your problems, Meg.

Thank you, Moogle. I've read that thread (mostly) and tried again to experiment with java. Disabling java brings line breaks when using the plain text editor but it brings also lots of commands that I would have to delete (such as  ). 

I'll see what that update will bring.