Reviving deadspren shardblades?

Garfield

There is no certainties here. A lot of fans, including myself, believe and hope the story will go this way, but this is not a done deal, far from it. So far Brandon has not disapproved it, so the theory lives, but it could be killed going into the next book. We do not know just yet.

I do agree however that if the Blade revival story arc is used, to have another character than Adolin do it would be horribly anti-climatic.

I agree that Adolin is the most like to revive his blade, but where did people get the idea that it is an Edgedancer blade?    If it is an Edgedancer blade, I think that makes Adolin less likely to revive it as I think that there are statements that Edgedancers tend to be Intelligent and Scholarly, which Adolin is definitely not.    I do not think that Lift is Scholarly as well, but with her it is questionable as she is very young and has lots of time to change.    Adolin refuses to even learn simple Glyphs.     Besides that, Adolin does not seem to have any attributes or desire to be a healer.    His effort to protect the whore in AWOK was more of a protector than "remembering those who others have forgotten". 

Here are some of my thoughts on Blade revival, from another thread where it did not exactly fit,

I do not think that it is all that hard to revive a Blade, it is just that a large number of circumstances have to align correctly:

The normal method of Blade acquisition, no thought is given to the spirit (spren) of the blade.

A Blade is either won or given to a person and after about a week of possession a limited bond is Forced onto the willing or unwilling BladeSpren. 

That being said - the only way that the Spren could be Revived is if:

1.   The person that bonded the blade, Says or or has already said the first oath.(and actually Meant it).

2.   Most likely the person would need to proceed with additional oaths that are aligned with the Spren of the blade that he happens to be bonded with.     If it is a Windrunner blade, he would need to swear oaths associated with an Honor Spren.   If  it is a Lightweaver blade the person would need to acknowledge sufficient Truths to awaken the Blade.

3.   I am not sure if it would take 2,3 oaths or possibly; the same level of oaths as the original owner. 

4.   I also think that talking to the blade, as Adolin does in WoR, might facilitate the revival.    Such as discussing "honor issues" that the person might have in trying to live up to their particular oaths.

That said, I think these are what make it so hard to "awaken" a Blade.     The person and the Blade are thrown together completely randomly.    If a person bonded a Lightweaver Blade but their temperament was that of a Windrunner, then they could never complete enough "oaths" for the blade that he had to revive it.     Especially since most people of this world do not even live by the very First Oath.

In addition,

Now that they have several actual KRs and their associated Spren, they "might" have an advantage that could aid in the Spren Revival.

1.   They now have several Spren that might be able to look and determine what Spren is associated with each Blade.

2.   Failing that, they now have a Lightweaver and a Elsecaller that can partially interface with Shadesmar and determine the type of Spren associated with a Blade.

3.   Once that is determined, the current KRs could look for people that "potentially" have the personality that would be compatible with that Blade's Spren AND at Least be fully understanding of and have said that First Oath, before they bond a particular Blade.

4.   If a person selected in 3 above, proves to be unable to advance the bond or revive the Blade, then they could be required to relinquish said Blade to another prospective person

Edited by WitSpren

Witspren you seem to be implying thst a mass spren revival is going to take place. If im wrong with said assumption my apologies. But if im reading you correctly then i must bring up the WoB(not sure where to find it) that says reviving the spen of a blade is not impossible, it is incredibly difficult to the point that it would be a once in a lifetime thing(also forgive the fact that i can't remember exact wording). Also i remember hearing that in either a WoB or a signed book it says that Adolins blade was orginally a edgedancer blade.

Edit: fat fingers on touch screen make for horrible spelling errors

Edited by stonedshaman

I agree that Adolin is the most like to revive his blade, but where did people get the idea that it is an Edgedancer blade?    If it is an Edgedancer blade, I think that makes Adolin less likely to revive it as I think that there are statements that Edgedancers tend to be Intelligent and Scholarly, which Adolin is definitely not.    I do not think that Lift is Scholarly as well, but with her it is questionable as she is very young and has lots of time to change.    Adolin refuses to even learn simple Glyphs.     Besides that, Adolin does not seem to have any attributes or desire to be a healer.    His effort to protect the whore in AWOK was more of a protector than "remembering those who others have forgotten".

Not sure where you get Intelligent and Scholarly. This is what we know about them:

although they were not the most demanding of orders, their graceful, limber movements hid a deadliness that was, by this time, quite renowned; also, they were the most articulate and refined of the Radiants.

Also their second oath, courtesy of Lift:

I will remember those who have been forgotten.

Both are rather in keeping with Adolin's characterization, IMO.

Edited by Seerow

So if a blade s a dead (comatose) spren's physical form, wouldn't it stand to reason that you could go to the cognitive realm and find the comatose spren there as well? Not sure how you would go about bringing it back from there, the idea just tickled my little grey cells.

I kinda liken it to a full frontal lobotomy. Trying to shove a chunk of brain back up the nose of a lobotomized person isn't going to solve much. Then again I have no idea what would solve it lol. 

In this same concept... I tend to wonder how close the link is between an original radiant's shard plate and shard blade were... (if they have any roll they play together... especially if being revived)...

Imagine if you had to find not only the blade, but the "matching" plate...

Witspren you seem to be implying thst a mass spren revival is going to take place. If im wrong with said assumption my apologies. But if im reading you correctly then i must bring up the WoB(not sure where to find it) that says reviving the spen of a blade is not impossible, it is incredibly difficult to the point that it would be a once in a lifetime thing(also forgive the fact that i can't remember exact wording). Also i remember hearing that in either a WoB or a signed book it says that Adolins blade was orginally a edgedancer blade.

Edit: fat fingers on touch screen make for horrible spelling errors

Stoned,     Sorry if my post was/is misleading.

I am just listing all the reasons that I can think of that have made it so hard to revive a Spren.   I would be glad to have others add to it.

I just thought of another:    After they died, their bodies were used to do very un-Radiant things.   

And another:   If the same Spren provides both the Blade and the Plate (we do not know this yet), then the reviver would need to have a matching set prior to starting the revival process.

Then I also listed ways that could be used to Revive them, in-Mass, even though we know that per-Brandon it will not happen, within the books that he plans to write.    But we can always "dream" of a future where it doe happen.

Sorry my post confused you.

Edited by WitSpren

Not sure where you get Intelligent and Scholarly. This is what we know about them:

Also their second oath, courtesy of Lift:

Both are rather in keeping with Adolin's characterization, IMO.

Thanks Seerow, for giving the exact quote, mush better than my muddled memory.

I know that Adolin and maybe some others (including you) might see Adolin as "articulate and refined" but I do not see him as being especially articulate and instead of refined, I just see spoiled.      Don't get me wrong, I like his character, but just do not consider him to be these things.

Others are free to feel otherwise.

Now on the "I will remember those who have been forgotten."   I really remember nothing from Adolin that fits this description.    I would be glad if someone could five a quote that seems to fit it.

EDIT for a potentially-stupid idea: as we know there are Nalthisians on Roshar (Vasher/Zahel and Nightblood), how about using Breaths to Awaken the blade as some sort of spren-Lifeless or Type IV? Would this be even possible?

Um... I kinda really like this.  I'm not gonna say it's possible.  But I could imagine a sort of magic exploit that would pass the bond through Breath.  But it'd certainly be a lot easier to swallow if you were somehow obtaining the Breath from the original Knights.

Anyway, I just wanted to note that this is actually a pretty neat idea.  And I'd be ok with Zahel beating Adolin to figuring out how to revive a deadblade.

Thanks Seerow, for giving the exact quote, mush better than my muddled memory.

I know that Adolin and maybe some others (including you) might see Adolin as "articulate and refined" but I do not see him as being especially articulate and instead of refined, I just see spoiled.      Don't get me wrong, I like his character, but just do not consider him to be these things.

Others are free to feel otherwise.

Now on the "I will remember those who have been forgotten."   I really remember nothing from Adolin that fits this description.    I would be glad if someone could five a quote that seems to fit it.

To this I would say Adolin isn't more spoiled than Renarin: both boys lived in the same material luxury and I seriously doubt Adolin was dote on more than Renarin in that regards. It does not strike me as Dalinar's type to favor one son over the other and he did come across as rather found of his youngest son. This being said, Adolin chose to exhibit this material luxury through his clothes, his appearance which combined to his playful over-confident attitude, often confounded with arrogance, causes him to be perceive as a "rich spoiled boy", a perception strongly emphasis by Kaladin's.

Therefore, Adolin may be spoiled, but he also chose to favor superficial items (while Renarin likely doesn't), being perhaps too focus on his physical appearances. He does try to enhance his uniform in any way Dalinar will allow him to: shinning fashionable buttons, nice boots, etc. He is, in fact, refining it trying to make a boring outdated piece of clothe more striking than it is intended to be. He could have used his material ease in other ways: such as buying himself expensive collection objects or owning a ridiculous high amount of armor just for the shake of it, but no. Adolin uses his allowance to buy himself small items (or gifts to girls he courts) he uses to make his own statement. Frivolous? Yes, certainly, but he does not seem to accumulate useless objects just to prove he can buy them. He buys buttons: he wears them. He buys boots: he wears them. He buys cologne: he puts it on. All serve one purpose: being more refined.

So yes, Adolin is refined. Articulate? Certainly. When Adolin has something to say, he doesn't pass by twenty ways to say it: he speaks up. He certainly speaks fluently and comprehensibly: you know what he thinks and he gets down to the point rather quickly.

As for the "remember those who were forgotten", Adolin does it quite often. In chapter 14, when he talks to his Blade, he tries to honor the memory of what it once was, despite being utterly clueless as to what that may be. He tries to remember, but alas lack the proper links to make himself a true picture. In the same chapter, he is seen doting on "mother's chain", clearly a remembrance he kept from his dead mother. He mentions her a few time in book, apparently seeming the only character trying to remember her. Later on, he remembers his soldiers who died at the Tower, naming a few of them in head. He is the only character we see actively remembering the name of the dead. Back in WoK, he also was the only one disturbed by the deaths during the chasmfiend hunt, everyone else was ready to just brushed it away, except Adolin who says good men, good friends died today. 

So yes, Adolin does try to remember. We could also argue rescuing the prostitute and standing up to Kaladin's unjust imprisonment were other expression of the same statement. At that point in time, both the lowly prostitute and Kaladin were forgotten by everyone, everyone being glad to let them rot in their current predicament. Everyone but Adolin who stood up for them. In essence, Adolin genuinely helping people he barely know, without asking nor expecting anything in return, by his own free will does bear a resemblance to Lift going back for Gawx. She said he would be forgotten, just as the prostitute would be forgotten had Adolin not stepped in. 

His overall behavior also befit the "good samaritan" mold Brandon once used to describe the Edgedancers.

I'd also like to point out Lift carries on a lucky diamond chip, thinks being an age she is not able to count on her fingers is unlucky... Quirks really, superstitions which aren't unlike Adolin's own when it comes to his pre-duel ritual. He does fit Nale's description as "to focus on small things" as Adolin does have the tendency to block over tiny details even if quite apt at seeing the large picture. 

Deadly, refined, articulate, nimble, frivolous, compassionate, generous and a heart of gold: that's our Adolin. On paper, he does appear to be the right kind of person to attract a Cultivationspren. 

He just needs to be broken now.

To this I would say Adolin isn't more spoiled than Renarin: both boys lived in the same material luxury and I seriously doubt Adolin was dote on more than Renarin in that regards. It does not strike me as Dalinar's type to favor one son over the other and he did come across as rather found of his youngest son. This being said, Adolin chose to exhibit this material luxury through his clothes, his appearance which combined to his playful over-confident attitude, often confounded with arrogance, causes him to be perceive as a "rich spoiled boy", a perception strongly emphasis by Kaladin's.

Therefore, Adolin may be spoiled, but he also chose to favor superficial items (while Renarin likely doesn't), being perhaps too focus on his physical appearances. He does try to enhance his uniform in any way Dalinar will allow him to: shinning fashionable buttons, nice boots, etc. He is, in fact, refining it trying to make a boring outdated piece of clothe more striking than it is intended to be. He could have used his material ease in other ways: such as buying himself expensive collection objects or owning a ridiculous high amount of armor just for the shake of it, but no. Adolin uses his allowance to buy himself small items (or gifts to girls he courts) he uses to make his own statement. Frivolous? Yes, certainly, but he does not seem to accumulate useless objects just to prove he can buy them. He buys buttons: he wears them. He buys boots: he wears them. He buys cologne: he puts it on. All serve one purpose: being more refined.

So yes, Adolin is refined. Articulate? Certainly. When Adolin has something to say, he doesn't pass by twenty ways to say it: he speaks up. He certainly speaks fluently and comprehensibly: you know what he thinks and he gets down to the point rather quickly.

As for the "remember those who were forgotten", Adolin does it quite often. In chapter 14, when he talks to his Blade, he tries to honor the memory of what it once was, despite being utterly clueless as to what that may be. He tries to remember, but alas lack the proper links to make himself a true picture. In the same chapter, he is seen doting on "mother's chain", clearly a remembrance he kept from his dead mother. He mentions her a few time in book, apparently seeming the only character trying to remember her. Later on, he remembers his soldiers who died at the Tower, naming a few of them in head. He is the only character we see actively remembering the name of the dead. Back in WoK, he also was the only one disturbed by the deaths during the chasmfiend hunt, everyone else was ready to just brushed it away, except Adolin who says good men, good friends died today. 

So yes, Adolin does try to remember. We could also argue rescuing the prostitute and standing up to Kaladin's unjust imprisonment were other expression of the same statement. At that point in time, both the lowly prostitute and Kaladin were forgotten by everyone, everyone being glad to let them rot in their current predicament. Everyone but Adolin who stood up for them. In essence, Adolin genuinely helping people he barely know, without asking nor expecting anything in return, by his own free will does bear a resemblance to Lift going back for Gawx. She said he would be forgotten, just as the prostitute would be forgotten had Adolin not stepped in. 

His overall behavior also befit the "good samaritan" mold Brandon once used to describe the Edgedancers.

I'd also like to point out Lift carries on a lucky diamond chip, thinks being an age she is not able to count on her fingers is unlucky... Quirks really, superstitions which aren't unlike Adolin's own when it comes to his pre-duel ritual. He does fit Nale's description as "to focus on small things" as Adolin does have the tendency to block over tiny details even if quite apt at seeing the large picture. 

Deadly, refined, articulate, nimble, frivolous, compassionate, generous and a heart of gold: that's our Adolin. On paper, he does appear to be the right kind of person to attract a Cultivationspren. 

He just needs to be broken now.

Maxal, I find several of your examples to be pretty flimsy.    Dear old Mom, come on, who would not remember Mom.    Even Delanar's POVs have a gaggle of   SHHH's  where he would have remembered her - if it had not been deliberately erased.    &   Renaren remembers her because he is always asking Adolin if he has the locket.

But Adolin's lack of effort to even learn about wines, when he is always drinking wines, is easily the opposite of refined.    Add onto that several instances where he is confused by words.    "you are good at not being un-obnoxious"    and    "Jashnaistic"   would  be a negative for the articulate. 

BUT, taken as a whole, your post does have significant merit.   Enough so, that I think that you have a winner there and (with a few reservations) I'll call myself convinced.    

Seriously, I'll feel much better now if/when he becomes an Edgedancer.

Also, you gave me something to add to my list above.    The person trying to revive a Blade needs to have been "Broken"  -  How did I leave THAT ONE off??    

Maxal, I find several of your examples to be pretty flimsy.    Dear old Mom, come on, who would not remember Mom.    Even Delanar's POVs have a gaggle of   SHHH's  where he would have remembered her - if it had not been deliberately erased.    &   Renaren remembers her because he is always asking Adolin if he has the locket.

But Adolin's lack of effort to even learn about wines, when he is always drinking wines, is easily the opposite of refined.    Add onto that several instances where he is confused by words.    "you are good at not being un-obnoxious"    and    "Jashnaistic"   would  be a negative for the articulate. 

BUT, taken as a whole, your post does have significant merit.   Enough so, that I think that you have a winner there and (with a few reservations) I'll call myself convinced.    

Seriously, I'll feel much better now if/when he becomes an Edgedancer.

Also, you gave me something to add to my list above.    The person trying to revive a Blade needs to have been "Broken"  -  How did I leave THAT ONE off??    

Renarin is not seen expressing any thoughts whatsoever on his mother: one time, back in WoK, he thinks of a story mother used to read him, but that's about it. Adolin is the one who is keen on maintaining family ties. He is the one who latches on Navani, not Renarin. Dalinar, on his side, is the living embodiment of "forgetting the death" as he does not waste one thought for his former wife nor does he encumber himself with thoughts for those who died at the Tower. Adolin does, not Dalinar, not Renarin, but Adolin.

As for the ritual, I'd like to point out both boys reaction to Navani's negative comments on it: Renarin calls it good luck while Adolin obviously believes they are important. In other words, Renarin goes with it because he knows it is important to Adolin.

Now this being said, if you are looking for a Radiant within Adolin, you are going to be deceived. Adolin isn't a Radiant. He is not even a proto-Radiant. You can't expect him to behave as one just now. To do so would be to negate Kaladin's entire progression through out both books: he hardly was the picture perfect choice for a Windrunner back in WoK, but he pulled it off. 

Adolin lack of interest in wines has absolutely nothing to do with Edgedancers qualites which are loving and healing. He isn't learned nor is he scholarly, but these qualities have nothing to do with Edgedacner which are defined, by Brandon, as the "good Samaritans" of the Orders. In other words, Edgedancers are all about helping others and while doing so they tend to arbor flashy personalities, but they weren't clones of each other. The fact Adolin is incapable of identifying wines bear little significance as he does try to act refined in other ways.

Articulate is also defined as being able to state one's opinion fluently and coherently which is right about in Adolin's alley. He is capable of phrasing his thoughts in a coherent manner, much more than say Kaladin. Adolin is mouthy, always voicing out his opinion: even Dalinar comment on his eldest's son ability to argue constantly against him. WoK provided many instances where Adolin was quite articulate even if his arguments failed into a deaf ear.

I would also argue we shouldn't put too much thoughts into the Words of Radiance as these account likely aren't accurate. Lift isn't refined nor articulate and yet she is an Edgedancee chosen by the Nightwatcher herself to be the very first one since the Recreance. This speaks at length as to which quality the order loos forward: care and compassion which are qualities we have seen Adolin exhibit time over time.

You thus have to look at potential and not a clear match. Adolin still has growth to do before he meets up to Radiant standards, but the question should more be: "Can he do it"??. I think he can, but he isn't there yet. And of course he needs to have he required crack in his soul which he doesn't currently have, but recent events should bring him close to this state. Time will tell.

You have to wonder why he did it: it wasn't for himself, it was for Dalinar. Besides, Sadeas hardly even begin to be classify as a "forgotten". Slaying him into the eye in order to prevent further harm going towards his father, his family and his soldiers does not seem to contradict what we know of the Edgedancers.

Do not forget the orders aren't all pristine clean. The Elsecallers are fine with Jasnah hiring assassins and with her killing men just to teach a lesson. The Lightweavers do not care about Shallan murdering her family or Tyn. The Bondsmith are fine with Dalinar's former life of violence.

Adolin murdering Sadeas doesn't go against the Edgedancers philosophy, as far as we know it.

You have to wonder why he did it: it wasn't for himself, it was for Dalinar. Besides, Sadeas hardly even begin to be classify as a "forgotten". Slaying him into the eye in order to prevent further harm going towards his father, his family and his soldiers does not seem to contradict what we know of the Edgedancers.

Do not forget the orders aren't all pristine clean. The Elsecallers are fine with Jasnah hiring assassins and with her killing men just to teach a lesson. The Lightweavers do not care about Shallan murdering her family or Tyn. The Bondsmith are fine with Dalinar's former life of violence.

Adolin murdering Sadeas doesn't go against the Edgedancers philosophy, as far as we know it.

Oh I agree with you. That post was literally me typing as the thought was forming lol. And I didn't mean to imply that Sadeas was one of the remembered forgotten. Was just genuinely curious what that meant for Adolin.

Oh I agree with you. That post was literally me typing as the thought was forming lol. And I didn't mean to imply that Sadeas was one of the remembered forgotten. Was just genuinely curious what that meant for Adolin.

What it means for Adolin to have killed Sadeas? It means many things, but most and foremost it means he took an active step away from Dalinar's philosophy. We see Adolin struggling all the way through both books, trying to comprehend and accept his father ways, but often finding them in conflict with his own thoughts.

Dalinar believes honor has precedence over all while Adolin believes it is morality. The two do not necessarily contradict each other, but they don't always agree either. For instance, Dalinar believes in following a course of action tightly linked towards what he perceives as honorable in order to deal with dissident people while Adolin just can't stand idle in front of injustice or bullies. If he feels he is morally justified to act, he does which is the opposite behavior we have seen Dalinar exhibit.

Sadeas was one massive bully. Adolin can't watch bullies take direct action simply on the promise they would find another way to deal with them later, unless it is a very good one. He did it, for Dalinar's shake, but it was only because he had the plan to duel Sadeas. Now it is gone, he is left with nothing. All Dalinar has given him is the order to stand down. Sadeas was not being dealt with and from Adolin's perspective, his father would not deal with the man, giving him chances over chances as his honor code demands he does.

Hence, Adolin is a moral person. Dalinar is a honorable person, though his definition of honor is flawed as seen by his rejoicing in hunting (which Adolin believes is dishonorable) and his disdain of dueling (which Adolin perceives as mightily honorable).

Unfortunately for Adolin, he is surrounded by people dealing more on the honorable side of things which means his arguments in favor of slaying good old Sadeas won't find a positive echo. He also hero-worships his father too much, wanting to mimic him too much not to feel guilty over going so strongly against his father's code. If anything the ordeal shows about just as far you can stretch Adolin before he starts to crack. I believe he's reached his threshold or if not, he is very close to it.

Of all people, Shallan may be the one to be the most reasonable about the action as she tends to be more pragmatic over these sort of things, but it likely won't be sufficient. Let's just hope Jasnah makes her way to Urithiru before Dalinar takes too drastic action against his son as if someone can reason him out, it likely is her.

Unfortunately for Adolin, he is surrounded by people dealing more on the honorable side of things which means his arguments in favor of slaying good old Sadeas won't find a positive echo. He also hero-worships his father too much, wanting to mimic him too much not to feel guilty over going so strongly against his father's code. If anything the ordeal shows about just as far you can stretch Adolin before he starts to crack. I believe he's reached his threshold or if not, he is very close to it.

If becoming a Radiant requires being broken first, could this be what breaks Adolin? Stress and double-thoughts over killing Sadeas (even if he rationally knows it had to be done...), combined with the fact that pretty much everyone in his circle of friends and family is a Radiant and the fact that those people dislike him for taking what he supposed to be morally correct action could lead to breakdown that'd open Adolin's way to Radiancy. Add to that the fact that dead Shardblades scream at proto-Radiants wielding them - if this happens, Adolin hearing the sword he trusts and cares for so much accusing him of killing it is bound to shake him and push him even further down the breakdown.

Although I don't really see Kaladin calling Adolin out on killing Sadeas - bah, I could even see our captain congratulating him on it. Another point for team Kadolin? ;)

One morse point speaking for Adolin reviving the spren is that he does have an edgedancer plate. In Dalinars vision where he is in the pure lake he sees and says that the radiants armor looks like Adolin only more narrow "female". That radiant have the friction ability and also seams to have Squires.

One morse point speaking for Adolin reviving the spren is that he does have an edgedancer plate. In Dalinars vision where he is in the pure lake he sees and says that the radiants armor looks like Adolin only more narrow "female". That radiant have the friction ability and also seams to have Squires.

I don't remember Squires using Surges O.O

I must remember wrong.

I don't remember Squires using Surges O.O

I must remember wrong.

Not sure if they can use surges or if they can only use storm light for strength and speed. Or if it's the radiant that "share " the storm light. But in the vision they start glowing.

If becoming a Radiant requires being broken first, could this be what breaks Adolin? Stress and double-thoughts over killing Sadeas (even if he rationally knows it had to be done...), combined with the fact that pretty much everyone in his circle of friends and family is a Radiant and the fact that those people dislike him for taking what he supposed to be morally correct action could lead to breakdown that'd open Adolin's way to Radiancy. Add to that the fact that dead Shardblades scream at proto-Radiants wielding them - if this happens, Adolin hearing the sword he trusts and cares for so much accusing him of killing it is bound to shake him and push him even further down the breakdown.

Although I don't really see Kaladin calling Adolin out on killing Sadeas - bah, I could even see our captain congratulating him on it. Another point for team Kadolin?  ;)

Adolin did strike me as vulnerable to stress and anxiety as we see him utterly fail to control his Blade after his first encounter with Szeth. He also often seen reacting with nervousness to events he does not control, nor comprehend: the summoning/dismissing Blade tic would be a prime example. He also complains his stomach hurts back in WoK when Dalinar decides to abide in favor of him: another sign of vulnerability to stress.

It is thus entirely probable he would crack under the added pressure of stress coupled with own tendency to grow anxious. He certainly wouldn't be the first over-achieve to crumble under those: it's quite an easy one to relate to.

Learning the truth about his Blade would also upset him, I believe. He was treating it as a partner so to learn the Blade probably hates him, likely screams at him each time he summons it and worst using it means torturing it... I wouldn't be surprised if we see him struggling to just summon his Blade, considering he struggled with it back in WoR, it seems a likely continuity.

Adolin currently is in an interesting position right now as the only character of import not currently being broken. Where will Brandon take him is entirely up to him, but Adolin remaining a good, normal, solid guy seems boring and in contradiction of what we have glimpsed so far.

As for Kaladin, I believe he likely won't be around to voice an opinion on the matter. He would likely disapprove, but he may emotionally emphasized with Adolin as he has been there before.

The Blade was glowing red: it is assumed to be a Dustbringer plate.

Not sure if they can use surges or if they can only use storm light for strength and speed. Or if it's the radiant that "share " the storm light. But in the vision they start glowing.

Yeah the Squirres of a RK may drawn in Stormlight. We saw it a couple of time in the Books, but about their possility to uses Surge, we don't know nothing (and to me they can't use them).

The Blade was glowing red: it is assumed to be a Dustbringer plate.

Yes the armor glowed red in the joints. I don't necessarily see that as proof of being a dustbringer just because there glyph is red. The wiki still puts the Radiant as a likely edgedancer, but the wiki is written by fans so that is also just an opinion.

http://stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Words_of_Radiance:_Chapter_4

Yes the armor glowed red in the joints. I don't necessarily see that as proof of being a dustbringer just because there glyph is red. The wiki still puts the Radiant as a likely edgedancer, but the wiki is written by fans so that is also just an opinion.

http://stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Words_of_Radiance:_Chapter_4

Red is a color associated to the Dustbringers. While it is not impossible the plate may have been an Edgedancer, it seems more plausible it was a Dustbringer's. After all, Kaladin's shardblade glows blue and Shallan's glows red. There is something to said about those colors.

However, the whole passage may be a red hearing as Dalinar thinks the plate looks like Adolin's: it likely wasn't the same plate. It could be Edgedancers and Dustbringers plates were similar in design and pattern.