Shardblade forms

Lazarus52980

The spren were imitating the honorblades like pulse said and when they died they were swords so thats how they stayed. Also in one of Talns ramblings he talks about how the heralds taught humans to soulcast and make weapons of bronze. If the heralds had swords the humans did their best to emulate them.

That we have seen yes but we have seen very little of the original radiants in action or true living spren shardblades.

Syl conformed to Kaladins thoughts of what he wanted shield, spear etc. and she never mentions it feels new so I am assuming it can be done but there isnt enough info to be sure. Pattern also naturally shortens his blade for Shallan so I am assuming they all can with a living spren blade.

That is how they reformed to accept the gems on the pommel that fabrians added.

This brings up something else. Why do Radiants not need a gemstone to bond their spren? I realize the spren are still alive, but that doesn't really explain it. The Parshendi PoVs in WoR indicate that the spren they use to change forms can be stored inside a gemstone, which is very similar to the standard Shardblade bonding method.

All I can say in way of explanation is that Sanderson has RAFOed questions about Knights and Listeners having gemhearts.

This brings up something else. Why do Radiants not need a gemstone to bond their spren? I realize the spren are still alive, but that doesn't really explain it. The Parshendi PoVs in WoR indicate that the spren they use to change forms can be stored inside a gemstone, which is very similar to the standard Shardblade bonding method.

All I can say in way of explanation is that Sanderson has RAFOed questions about Knights and Listeners having gemhearts.

Fabrials involve trapping a spren inside a gemstone.  Presumably that spren's life is what allows it to be summoned at will, giving some sort of life force.  Not really sure how that interacts with the 10 heartbeats resurrection thing.  It does probably relate to why Radiants hear screams from them.

Parshendi don't need to use gems to bond a spren. The "traditional" method for a listener is to go out into a storm and try to attract the spren you want to bond with.

Gems are useful to the Parshendi because they bring the spren right next to you without the need to attract one (which can require a state of mind difficult to acehive).

It's the use of gems to bond dead Shardblades which is the odd one out. Using a gem seems to be able to artificially (as compared to "naturally" feeling an emotion and attracting a spren that way) force a bond to be created.

Well, the first forms you need are the IRS's forms 712 and 1500 for insurance liabilities.

Then, you need to put on your 1040 that you now possess a fortune's worth of non-liquidatable assets.  And it has to be the normal 1040, since you're now worth so much.

Depending on your kingdom of residence, you may be required to register for a Shardblade license, or a Shardplate license, if you have that. 

Also, each year you will be required to bring in your shardplate for emissions and efficiency testing, to make sure that it's still operating at peak capacity.

Those should be all the forms required to enjoy your new shardblade.  Have fun!

Well, the first forms you need are the IRS's forms 712 and 1500 for insurance liabilities.

Then, you need to put on your 1040 that you now possess a fortune's worth of non-liquidatable assets.  And it has to be the normal 1040, since you're now worth so much.

Depending on your kingdom of residence, you may be required to register for a Shardblade license, or a Shardplate license, if you have that. 

Also, each year you will be required to bring in your shardplate for emissions and efficiency testing, to make sure that it's still operating at peak capacity.

Those should be all the forms required to enjoy your new shardblade.  Have fun!

How to make nearly indestructible armor and swords that cut anything boring in one step: government regulation.

Damnation your right! You probably need another couple of shard blades to cut through all of the paper work.

Actually, I think you will need at least one Tier-5-Dustbringer, to burn a hole through it.

Unluckily the usage of Releasers requires you to contact the Supreme Officie of Legitimated Surgebinding (SOLS), the Azir Dustbringer Headquarter (AzDbHQ), the Bureau for Stormlight Distribution (BSLD) and at least three other Offices. Also, you have to fill in at least 32 different Formulars, each of whose requires you at least one Tier-2-Elsecaller to understand. You start to see the problem?

Also, when you finish the 32nd document (BSLD-1715; Request for distribution of 2,000,000 charged diamond broms), you realize at least one of the following things.

a.) you or the required Dustbringer died from old age

b.) you or the required Dustbringer died from the occasional Desolation

c.) the laws and regulations have changed...well, I think that will be the case anyway

d.) Lift lifted your breakfast and the document SOLS-412. You can start from the beginnning.

Edited by Alfa

Actually, I think you will need at least one Tier-5-Dustbringer, to burn a hole through it.

Unluckily the usage of Releasers requires you to contact the Supreme Officie of Legitimated Surgebinding (SOLS), the Azir Dustbringer Headquarter (AzDbHQ), the Bureau for Stormlight Distribution (BSLD) and at least three other Offices. Also, you have to fill in at least 32 different Formulars, each of whose requires you at least one Tier-2-Elsecaller to understand. You start to see the problem?

Also, when you finish the 32nd document (BSLD-1715; Request for distribution of 2,000,000 charged diamond broms), you realize at least one of the following things.

a.) you or the required Dustbringer died from old age

b.) you or the required Dustbringer died from the occasional Desolation

c.) the laws and regulations have changed...well, I think that will be the case anyway

d.) Lift lifted your breakfast and the document SOLS-412. You can start from the beginnning.

This thread has been derailed into a humorous but accurate representation of government.

The thing about most weapon forms is that it's usually a matter of gaining leverage, and positioning of weapon for the coup de grace.

None of that is really relevant in most Shardblade battles originally, as the weapons were for battling Desolation, not people dueling other Shardbearers.

So o guess to answer the OP; realistically it would only make sense for the KR to practice with 2 handed great swords for the extended range of said b weapons.

Roshar is seeing dark times. But they have not reached the point where Shards must be registered and you must sign for them in triplicate. Let us hope that they never reach that point. For if they reach that point, Odium's quest to destroy Roshar will be pointless. They will destroy themselves.

Roshar is seeing dark times. But they have not reached the point where Shards must be registered and you must sign for them in triplicate. Let us hope that they never reach that point. For if they reach that point, Odium's quest to destroy Roshar will be pointless. They will destroy themselves.

False. Bureocracy saved Azir from civil war. And on Azir you can petition for shardblade acess.