Pewter

It just occurs to me that both in feruchemistry AND allomancy Pewter increases strength.

using both together would already make you insanely strong AND you could compound for even more strength.

I wonder if the compounding would be EVEN more effective than usual compounding since both powers already do the same thing.

A pewter twinborn should be able to tear a god damnation mountain down with their hands.

COuld call them say..........a Hulk

Edited by Full Metal Rithmatist

Good point I have thought of that as well.  However there is a downside to flaring too much pewter and exhausting yourself not sure if the compounding would counteract that.

Tin is also similar (both increases senses) and if I remember correctly burns a lot slower than other metals. I wonder if you compounded tin if your reactions would be like a poor mans atium able to see a twitch in the skin or creak of a bone before they even tried to move... also a sneeze might make you go deaf if you turned your hearing up to 11.  Fun to think about though =)

Tin in Feruchemy stores a specific sense though, whereas burning tin increases all of your senses. Also, Sazed says that when he uses tin for sight he can focus on a point and see an insane amount of detail, but loses his peripheral vision.

Your right you have to choose which one you are tapping at the moment.  Forgot about that.  Even though you can only use one feruchmically at a time you can store all of them for burning allomantically right?  So I still could compound sight/hearing at the same time?

I'd like to point out that Feruchemical pewter, unlike Allomantic pewter, increases your muscle mass, so tap to much and you'll be too bulky to move.

Compounding duralumin would just . . . why would you want more Connection? I'm sure it has magic uses but it doesn't sound exciting to have infinite of it. And using duralumin on a burning metalmind is entirely redundant and has no benefits whatsoever.

Edited by natc

Compounding duralumin would just . . . why would you want more Connection? I'm sure it has magic uses but it doesn't sound exciting to have infinite of it. And using duralumin on a burning metalmind is entirely redundant and has no benefits whatsoever.

I think he meant Compounding nicrosil.

I'd like to point out that Feruchemical pewter, unlike Allomantic pewter, increases your muscle mass, so tap to much and you'll be too bulky to move.

Well it would release the feruchemical power faster so kinda useful if you wanted insane god-levels of a trait for a second or two but didn't have a metalmind handy. Just store for a second then Duralu-compound it.

Plus Duralumin + Allomantic pewter is pretty awesome, combined with Feruchemical pewter you probably could get a fairly decent Hulk.

Compounding pewter would turn you into an immobile mountain of muscles. Pretty useless.

Well it'd let you never run out of strength which is pretty handy. You wouldn't be able to tap it at 1000x the rate like some other compounders do but you'd also not really need to, it's not often that you need to be that strong but being 10x stronger every now and then would be pretty helpful.

Compounding pewter would turn you into an immobile mountain of muscles. Pretty useless.

Feruchemy does protect you from the effects of tapping (Wax doesn't end up crushing himself) and given that it only really affects that one attribute (i.e. Wax gets more mass into the same body but doesn't turn more dense... somehow) those muscles should not be as hindering as normal muscles would be... maybe. Feruchemy is weird.

Your right you have to choose which one you are tapping at the moment. Forgot about that. Even though you can only use one feruchmically at a time you can store all of them for burning allomantically right? So I still could compound sight/hearing at the same time?

I'm not 100% sure you can tap two different senses at once, if you can then I see no reason why compounding like that wouldn't work.

We only ever saw Sazed tap one sense at a time, that would lead me to believe you can only tap one. He specifically mentions not seeing our hearing the group of Koloss sneaking up on him in WoA. That's another reason I'd lean towards only being able to tap one at a time, if he could also tap heading while tapping sight why wouldn't he?

We only ever saw Sazed tap one sense at a time, that would lead me to believe you can only tap one. He specifically mentions not seeing our hearing the group of Koloss sneaking up on him in WoA. That's another reason I'd lean towards only being able to tap one at a time, if he could also tap heading while tapping sight why wouldn't he?

The same reason Tineyes and Mistborns spend most of their effort while using tin to tune out their enhanced senses. Having super-hearing while also absorbing 50x more visual information could be distracting.

Since you lose your peripheral vision when tapping sight, to hear if someone is sneaking up on you? Like,I don't know,a group of Koloss? It seems like it would be comin sense to someone like Sazed to do something like that if he could.

Edited by iBambam

The same reason Tineyes and Mistborns spend most of their effort while using tin to tune out their enhanced senses. Having super-hearing while also absorbing 50x more visual information could be distracting.

When Vin is learning from the individual crew members about the Allomantic powers Spooks tip to her is that tin is about what you don't focus on more than what you do.  Even when using one supersense you have to block out 80% of the background noise to focus on what you actually want to hear.

Since you lose your peripheral vision when tapping sight, to hear if someone is sneaking up on you? Like,I don't know,a group of Koloss? It seems like it would be comin sense to someone like Sazed to do something like that if he could.

Common sense for a scholar when enhancing their eyesight to be wary of ambush? Sazed is rash by Terris standards but he's far from being a soldier.

I can assure you the smartest cartographer to ever sail the oceans probably did not actually go around being paranoid about ambushes while looking through telescopes. I don't suppose you start worrying about getting mugged, randomly caught in some sort of mafia gunfight, or becoming subject to serial murder while looking through telescopes at overseas tourist spots or whatnot either.

Up until a few days ago he was a scholar teaching religion, burying dead people, and pondering mist death. Threats to his life should be the last thing on his mind, especially when those frankly have never really happened before.

That, and frankly I'd think the internet is the one place where you have to admit common sense seems awfully uncommon at times.