What are you most excited about to see in Words of Radiance

Andy50

I'm really want ot learn more about Laral, the change in her personality seemed a bit unnatural, and I have a thing for complicated romantic relationships. This is probalby why i liked the Kingkiller Chronicles so much. So what are you guys looking forward to

Edited by Andy50

The top five things I'm looking forward to  reading about in WoR.

5. The connection to another cosmere world that is said to come near the end of the book.

4. Szeth vs. Kaladin fight.

3. Learning more about the Parshendi

2. Learning more about Shadesmar.

And my number 1. Learning about Shallan's past.

I'm looking forward to more of Kaladin and Bridge 4. Also, surprisingly, I can't wait to see more of Shallan. I didn't much care for her in WoK, but the first chapter of WoR has me intrigued. I also had a feeling that she would end up with Adolin, so I'm looking forward to see what happens there. What I'm most hoping to see, though, is the fight between Kaladin and Szeth. After Sadeas' comments about Dalinar making the worst decision ever in trading the Shardblade for the bridgemen, I'd love to see him realize that he actually got the worst side of the deal. I'm vengeful like that.

I'd like to learn more about the Knights Radiant: what are the final 3 orders; what are each Order's abilities; do Windrunners only have 3 Lashings; is each order only restricted to 3 type of Lashes (or whatever); will more of Bridge 4 be on the path to becoming Radiants; etc.

I'd like to learn more about spren: their types, their abilities, their limitations, their hierarchy, why they choose who they choose, why some spren in the physical realm have lost some portion of their memories.

I'd like to see/hear more details about the current status of each of the Heralds.

I'd like to see more information about the Unmade.  Are they the Ten Fools?  Are they the antithesis of the Heralds?  Are they still on Roshar, waiting somewhere or do they spend their time between desolations off Roshar proper?  (For the record, I think this topic is least likely to get anything more than a few allusions or references in WoR, though).

I'd like to learn more about oathgates and/or be introduced to other types of fabrials, whether legendary/historical or modern.

I'd like to see more "anti-Shardbearer" weapons.  It seems to me in a world where one Shardbearer is a one man army able to wreak havoc, that strongholds should have more weapons to defend against Shardbearers (like ballista, onagers, trebuchet or the like).  When Taln appeared at the capital at the end of WoK, one guard ran to warn others.  Maybe we'll get a glimpse of the anti-Shard defenses being prepped before they realize Taln is passed out on the ground.

And a whole bunch of other things, but I'll stop there for now.

5. The connection to another cosmere world that is said to come near the end of the book.

I was looking through WoBs earlier, and I'm willing to bet it'll be Hoid fighting with his Awakened sword against someone with a Shardblade. Sanderson has been very coy about how that would work, and I am SO EXCITED.

My list:

1. More Jasnah, more Shadesmar, more Shallan.

2. More Taravangian!

3. Dalinar dying, just to see if Sanderson is willing to go that far and kill a character he grew attached to in his childhood.

4. More clues from Hoid about motivations, or having him use Feruchemy or something. I want more world cross-overs!

5. Kaladin being forced into a buddy cop role with Amaram and working through it.

6. Kaladin's parents. HE HAS TO VISIT THEM AND SHOW THEM HIS COOL WINDRUNNER POWERS :(

So in no particular order:

1) I want there to be more to the powers of the Windrunner's than the three lashings. Don't get me wrong, I really love the powers Kaladin has now and my imagination runs wild with possibilities often, but I do want a little more as he experiments and says more ideals

2) I want Kaladin to say another Ideal. I don't think that there will be more than one though as this is a pretty long series.

3) I want Kaladin to challenge Amaram to a duel. When he beats him by subtly using his Windrunner abilities, spare his life but take the shards. Then give the blade to Renarin and the plate to Dalinar.

4) Different magic system battle the WoB hinted at toward the end of the book.

5) More information about the Worldhopper organization, the 17th Shard.

6) More info about the Ghostbloods, A lot more.

7) Shallan story arc. I only enjoyed her character towards the end of WoK but that was because she was masterly developed as a character. Now that she's at a place where I enjoy reading about her I am thoroughly looking forward to her back story and modern story.

8) I am interested to see what role Taln will play as the Herald who didn't give up (even if he didn't really have a choice) and as the Herald of War

9) The almost inevitable Szeth vs Kaladin battle. This will be epic. I cant wait to read about when Szeth crashes through some hall doors and lashes him self to the wall or the roof and then all of a sudden there is this man with scars on his forehead and a very distinctive glow, standing on the wall/roof blocking his path.

1) Kaladin leading in battle.

2) Learning more about Shadesmar and the nature of Spren.

3) Darkness, the heralds and Talenel'Elin, I want to see how he differs from them and what he can do. 

4) Dalinar discovering his own Radiant powers and hopefully a conversation between Jasnah,Kaladin and Dalinar.

5) I will take all the Wit/Hoid I can get :D Also looking forward to any Cosmere related stuff.

6) Someone actually becoming a Knights Radiant by the end of the book with fully glowing shard armour/weapon.

1. Kaladin leading and saving Dalinar

2. Learn more about shadesmar

3. Find out if the unnamed shardbearer is Shallan's eldest brother

4. See Szeth and Kaladin fight

5. Learn more about the 17th shard

6. Shallarin

If Kaladin is going to battle Szeth, you guys realize he is going to need a shardblade by the end of the book. A regular spear isn't going to cut it even though Kaladin is probably more powerful in his other abilities, and I don't think book 2 is going to lead to the forging of the inevitable shard spear. Probably more like book 5.

I'm with Moogle, I've been looking forward a Hoid-delivered beatdown since at least March

Also Moogle, we will probably be able to confirmation about the Helaran thing this book, what with Amaram, Shallan, and Kaladin all being in the same place.  The sample chapters only make that more likely, with the news that Shallan is engaged to Adolin, Amaram is probably going to be extra worried that Shallan is some sort of Ghostblood assassin or spy.

1. Dalinar not dying.

2. Kaladin growing trust in Adolin and Dalinar enough to tell them about his powers, or being forced to use his powers to protect them/his men while Adolin or Dalinar are present.

3. Plot twists involving who/what/where the voidbringers are. 

4. more fabrial science.

5. more surgebinding.

6. Find out why Hoid is avoiding his "friend" on Roshar. 

If Kaladin is going to battle Szeth, you guys realize he is going to need a shardblade by the end of the book. A regular spear isn't going to cut it even though Kaladin is probably more powerful in his other abilities, and I don't think book 2 is going to lead to the forging of the inevitable shard spear. Probably more like book 5.

I don't agree that Kaladin would have to have a Shardblade to fight Szeth. I think that part of what Syl doesn't like about Dalinar's Shardblade is that they were made to fight Voidbringers and Thunderclasts, not be turned against other humans. It's just a feeling I have, as we don't know how she reacts to Shardblades other than Dalinar's so I wouldn't even call it a theory. When Szeth fought the Shardbearers in Jah Keved, he let his Shardblade turn to mist, so it is definitely not necessary to fight other Shardbearers with a Blade. A regular spear would take down Szeth, Kaladin will just need Lopen there throwing him new spears every time Szeth cuts through one. :)

Edited by Cad

A regular spear would take down Szeth, Kaladin will just need Lopen there throwing him new spears every time Szeth cuts through one. :)

Until Szeth kills Lopen, and Kaladin gets flashbacks to his previous Shardbearer fight and breaks down.

Oh god Kaladin's future is looking messy.

I don't agree that Kaladin would have to have a Shardblade to fight Szeth. I think that part of what Syl doesn't like about Dalinar's Shardblade is that they were made to fight Voidbringers and Thunderclasts, not be turned against other humans. It's just a feeling I have, as we don't know how she reacts to Shardblades other than Dalinar's so I wouldn't even call it a theory. When Szeth fought the Shardbearers in Jah Keved, he let his Shardblade turn to mist, so it is definitely not necessary to fight other Shardbearers with a Blade. A regular spear would take down Szeth, Kaladin will just need Lopen there throwing him new spears every time Szeth cuts through one. :)

I'll attempt to address your points:

1. I agree with you on the purpose of shardblades, but that doesn't change the fact that shardblades are weapons of mass destruction against people too. They cut through stone and metal with no resistance, so a regular weapon or shield cannot block them. Hence Kaladin's disadvantage with a spear, he couldn't block. You think Radiants weren't allowed to defend themselves with their blades just because their attacker was human?

2. Szeth was fighting shardbearers without radiant powers. His windrunner like powers allowed him to destroy them. Kaladin would be fighting Szeth, who also has windrunner like powers and probably more experience using them (though less efficient.)

3. Yes, a regular spear can take down Szeth. But Szeth has all the advantages Kaladin has plus a weapon that effortless slices through everything non-living, and that is a huge advantage.

Edited by dionysus

A regular spear would take down Szeth, Kaladin will just need Lopen there throwing him new spears every time Szeth cuts through one. :)

Here you go Gancho! I've got a cousin who makes these spears, get a good price too!  I bet the girls will see me throwing these spears and want to kiss me!

Mostly just learning about the world itself.  How everything came to be the way it is.  The Mistborn trilogy made it clear that Brandon has a reason for everything.  Though I don't expect to learn a whole lot in the next book.

I'm also a sucker for giant beasts, so I want to see more of those.  That one interlude that was posted about the Reshi Isles has me hungry for more.

Also, more Hoid and Heralds.

Mostly just learning about the world itself.  How everything came to be the way it is.  The Mistborn trilogy made it clear that Brandon has a reason for everything.  Though I don't expect to learn a whole lot in the next book.

I'm also a sucker for giant beasts, so I want to see more of those.  That one interlude that was posted about the Reshi Isles has me hungry for more.

Also, more Hoid and Heralds.

Welcome friend take this upvote for breaking the shell and begin posting =)

Nothing against big monster especially when the main character are fighting then with almost "bare hand". Would be nice se Kal doing Sly wish and fighting a clasmfiend. My money are in the little glowing dude with the spear =)