Cage Match Bracket Discussion

Chaos

I would like to note that "mostly immune to Pushing and Pulling" is probably very similar in the way that you "mostly" can't Push or Pull on metals in the body. I suspect that it has to do with some spiritual essence getting in the way with the Push.

/theorizing

I would like to note that "mostly immune to Pushing and Pulling" is probably very similar in the way that you "mostly" can't Push or Pull on metals in the body. I suspect that it has to do with some spiritual essence getting in the way with the Push.

/theorizing

I completely agree with this. It's the same thing I thought.

Blagh, get sick for a couple of days and look what happens!

How about they only get Atium for certain matches, like against those with higher level powers like TLR or Susebron?

Well, if Blade/Plate are "mostly" immune to Pulling/Pushing, I'd see that more like they can pull on it, but it's not that effective. It's resistant.

I guess the crossover bracket will be different. You want to take over the main one, Chaos? Seems like a staffie should be in charge of the all-Brandon bracket.

I say we should have Bastille be on here! More Alcatraz representation!

I'm guessing this would include Lashing? Like, if Szeth went against Vasher, he wouldn't be able to Lash Nightblood directly, similar to how he can't Lash Shardplate directly?

I concur with this.

I guess the crossover bracket will be different. You want to take over the main one, Chaos? Seems like a staffie should be in charge of the all-Brandon bracket.

Yeah, let's do that, and have them offset a little, so they don't conflict which each other.

Edited by Chaos

I figure it means you need duralumin to do it.

I'm guessing this would include Lashing? Like, if Szeth went against Vasher, he wouldn't be able to Lash Nightblood directly, similar to how he can't Lash Shardplate directly?

I agree with these.
Yeah, let's do that, and have them offset a little, so they don't conflict which each other.
Offset as in starting at different times?

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a little late, but when you do start the cage match can you put it on the front/home page?

I only found this thread through accidentally clicking on the wrong link.

I'd say it more than likely will be advertised on the front page.

This may be a little late, but when you do start the cage match can you put it on the front/home page?

I only found this thread through accidentally clicking on the wrong link.

Yeah, we'll make a big deal about it.

You know, when we actually get started on the thing. I'm almost done with classes, though, so it'll be soon.

• 3 months later...

I also think that players should have a vague understanding of their opponents' magics, so Vasher can go, "Hey, wearing metal is dumb here".

Wouldn't that pretty much mean anyone fighting Susebron would fight naked? Since he can awaken things just by voice, and thus could awaken their clothes. Should make for some interesting writeups. :D

Well, I bet Shardplate is immune to Awakening, and so Dalinar and Sadeas wouldn't have to worry about it.

Seems like it would make quite a mess if a persons clothes suddenly started to try and kill them :) It's been a long time since I've read warbreaker... That magic system is really overpowered in some ways if you have enough breath. Like Susebron. Luckily I feel like he's to naive to put it to full use.

I don't think it's so much his naivete that hurts him as much as his relative inexperience. Instinctive Awakening helps him a lot, but he's still nowhere near a master of Awakening like Vasher, and in addition to that, he has no real experience fighting in general.

Well, if he didn't have such weaknesses, I think he'd probably be even more overpowered than the Lord Ruler. Imagine if Vasher had over 65,000 breaths...

I'm actually not sure if Susebron would think to Awaken his opponents clothes, but if he did, he'd be very hard to fight for a lot of people. Afterall, even if a Mistborn decided to fight naked, he/she would still want a bag to hold coins and some sort of cloth or belt to hold extra metal vials. Someone like Szeth or Kaladin would want something to carry extra infused spheres.

Edited by Mad_Scientist

• Chaos locked this topic