hoid magic. potential spoilers

stonedshaman

Good morning. I would first lime to start off by saying this is my first post so be gentle. Second im sorry if this is the wrong area to post, i don't feel comfortable posting in the cosmere seeing as ive only read the SA books and the original mystborn triogy. That all being said here goes: we know Hoid has lightweaving Abilities through his wundersail and fleet stories. In the shallan flashback we see hoid drink a vial of metals. So my question is this: is Hoid a full mistborn or juat a misting?

Thank you for your help and i apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors.

If Hoid Has the Allomancy He is a Mistborn througth the use of the bead of Lerasium that He stole from the Well of the Ascension during the Mistborn trilogy.

This is widely speculated, but not confirmed. WoB's that I've seen indicate he probably hasn't used it in the traditional way (burning it to become a Mistborn), but it's possible he did, or that he instead hacked the magic system in some way to use Allomancy without burning the Lerasium.

jW

Side note: which cosmere book should i read next?

If you want more cosmere litteracy I would recommend warbreaker, and then I would recommend mistborn era 2 simply because a lot of theories going around are going to center on that series for the next few months.

Ok. What about the theory/speculation that Hoid also does hemalurgy?

Hoid doens't kill people according to the horneater religion, and he sorta confirmed it, also blaming his upbringing when he said how inneficient he is at hurting others.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

If you want more cosmere litteracy I would recommend warbreaker, and then I would recommend mistborn era 2 simply because a lot of theories going around are going to center on that series for the next few months.

I'd second Warbreaker being that is actually kind of a prequel to SA (I wish I had read it before WoR). I would also say besides SA it has the most on scene with Hoid. Plus it is one of my favorite Cosmere books. 

I may have ment feruchemy. I can't exactly rememeber where i read it or what it said but im pretty sure someone made mention of him using scadrial magic other than allomancy.

Yep, Hoid has Feruchemy.

MIKE COCKRUM

Hoid is regularly around when important events take place. How does he know where to go?

BRANDON SANDERSON

He uses Feruchemy. Part of it that will show up in later books.

Welcome to the forums, by the way! :)

Edited by Ookla the Insipid

• Chaos locked this topic