soulbearer ferrings. spoilers everywhere.

Citadel16

Given that it already seems to have turned into a discussion about the Bands. Has anyone ever wondered why Ruin didn't track them down, if they are still around? I mean unless they were burned or someone was protecting them hunting them down should have been relatively easy for Ruin's forces. Maybe only the not atium part survived?

Then again, neither did he dig up and eat Zane's stach, so i guess Ruin just was really bad at this whole searching Atium thing. :mellow:

As for what the Bands do. I don't buy them giving someone the powers of a Fullborn to be more than a legend. If any person gained that much power they would not fade into obscurit.

Just to clear something up: I recently asked Brandon about why the Lord Ruler would spike himself with hemalurgy.  Brandon then said he thought that the bracers were not hemalurgic, asked Peter about it, and Peter concurred with Brandon they were not hemalurgic.  So we have some conflicting statements on the topic.

I personally hold to the theory that atium doesn't need to be hemalurgically charged to create a link to Ruin.  It's a piece of him; stick it in yourself, and boom!  Instant scary godphone.

Thanks!

It'd still need to be a spike into the blood, I think.  Swallowing it shouldn't work, or else Ruin would be messing with every Mistborn who burned atium.

You could argue that there's a small bit of influence from Ruin when you burn Atium, as I think everyone who burns it gets a bit of bloodlust. Not koloss bloodlust, but to make them take moves they might not normally have. There's only a small bit of influence because the majority of the power is being burned up anyway.

You could argue that there's a small bit of influence from Ruin when you burn Atium, as I think everyone who burns it gets a bit of bloodlust. Not koloss bloodlust, but to make them take moves they might not normally have. There's only a small bit of influence because the majority of the power is being burned up anyway.

I tend to think not, because Elend was burning a whole stomach-full of the stuff and was not consumed with bloodlust.  But of course, Elend was a pretty special guy.

I disagree.  Their mind gets expanded to be able to interpret all the atium shadows,  but no character seemed to display anything like bloodlust when burning atium.  Even Kelsier,  Kelsier was just able to make use of atium to give his normal bloodlust an outlet.  

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.theoryland.com/intvsresults.php?kw=nicrosil

hmn... so Wax was supposed to be a nicrosil misting? interesting...

edit:One question, two parts: If a double Nicrosil Twinborn started Compounding and storing Investiture in a Nicrosilmind, could they do something cool by tapping a whole huge bunch at once? And since Scadrialians have both Ruin and Preservation in them, could they store both those qualities in a one Nicrosilmind, or would it require two different ones?

BRANDON SANDERSON (REDDIT.COM)

Ha. All things regarding Investiture (particularly in regards to Feruchemy) are instant RAFOs at this point, I'm afraid. I've got to save SOME things for future books.

Edited by warriormark16

edit:One question, two parts: If a double Nicrosil Twinborn started Compounding and storing Investiture in a Nicrosilmind, could they do something cool by tapping a whole huge bunch at once? And since Scadrialians have both Ruin and Preservation in them, could they store both those qualities in a one Nicrosilmind, or would it require two different ones?

Ha. All things regarding Investiture (particularly in regards to Feruchemy) are instant RAFOs at this point, I'm afraid. I've got to save SOME things for future books.

IIRC and I may not be doing so.  The nicrosil misting is in the 1980's ish setting not Wax.  Wax wasn't in the original plan.

Didn't risk looking at the content of this topic, but if it's full of spoilers, shouldn't it be in the spoilers board?

They're AoL/original trilogy spoilers, which don't need to be tagged, which is why this is not in the SoS board.

I suppose there's the Bands of Mourning thing... I'll go ahead and hide that.

That's actually refering to the protagonist of the "modern trilogy" which is now referred to as Era 3.  Brandon had not yet had the idea for Wax and Wayne when he gave that answer.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. To Support this Theory, that a new bearer of the BoM would gain TLR powers; we are supposing that the Bands were Spikes of TLR.

Specifically, that the BoM were Hemalurgicaly ripping his Spirit Web off. Wouldn't this kill him?

I was under the impression that the BoM were Spikes he made from someone(s), and Spiked himself with them. This served the dual purpose of r enhancing his power, while keeping his most precious metal-minds close and "theoretically" un-Pushable.

If TLR were merely sticking his metal-minds into his arm would they be considered Hemalurgic Spikes? I don't believe so.

All of this meaning, that this theory is heavily dependent on what Identity can be tapped from the BoM.

As a side note, who WAS Spiked to make the BoM?

Hmm. To Support this Theory, that a new bearer of the BoM would gain TLR powers; we are supposing that the Bands were Spikes of TLR.

Specifically, that the BoM were Hemalurgicaly ripping his Spirit Web off. Wouldn't this kill him?

I was under the impression that the BoM were Spikes he made from someone(s), and Spiked himself with them. This served the dual purpose of r enhancing his power, while keeping his most precious metal-minds close and "theoretically" un-Pushable.

If TLR were merely sticking his metal-minds into his arm would they be considered Hemalurgic Spikes? I don't believe so.

All of this meaning, that this theory is heavily dependent on what Identity can be tapped from the BoM.

As a side note, who WAS Spiked to make the BoM?

Too many spoilers, but I don't think the BoM were actually spikes.

Back to the OP, I feel like storing your innate investiture would essentially make you a drab. In other news, (Bands of Mourning spoilers)

this could be the nature of a certain spike that we have recently seen.

I am of the opinion/theory that being a drab is like being a normal person, but the people on Nalthis are so used to the breath they held, that not having a breath makes them see everything as less... vibrant. (is this wrong?)

hmn... explain more about the second part.

Edited by warriormark16

• Chaos locked this topic