origin of profile pictures

Pinpoint

• 2 weeks later...

Decided it was time for a fresh look. Back when the Scott Pilgrim movie came out, the website had this avatar creator and my friends and I all made them our profile pictures when we went to the movie. I always liked mine, and decided to turn it into my social media avatar.

Decided it was time for a fresh look. Back when the Scott Pilgrim movie came out, the website had this avatar creator and my friends and I all made them our profile pictures when we went to the movie. I always liked mine, and decided to turn it into my social media avatar.

So that a Scott Pilgrim look?

You know, for some reason, I thought it was a tiny picture of Captain Marvel. It didn't make sense, of course, since the hair, the sword and the costume don'tmatch up, but still... whenever I see a tiny version of that, like at the side of topics saying who posted last, I keeping thinking it was something to do with the Carol Corps.

Wierd. Mind if I ask where this Scott Pilgrim thingey is? I'm thinking of updating my picture to something else Green Arrow related, and might want to see if there's any kind of matches there.

First time a logged in the forum I used my facebook acount and my profile pic was my facebook profile pic (I wasn't used to facebook at time) so a google the very first tthing that come to my mind, I think i used a word like "unknown" or "incognite" I can't remember and this pic appeared I like and used =)

I tried to find again but never was successful so I kind stayed like these for continuity sake=)

Unless I'm mistaken that is a pic of Richard from the Looking for Group webcomic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine consists of the base shapes of Allomantic and Feruchemical symbology (a crescent and an angle), but without any protruding spikes. I was thinking of something that symbolized a Scadrian without special Investiture, and that's what I came up with, feeling that the spikes represented the Investiture of Ruin and Preservation.

Now, you might be thinking, "But skaa, that angle looks suspiciously like a spike." Well, that part represents how non-Invested people can still make use of Investiture via technology, even without being Invested themselves. Theoretically speaking, finding out how Investiture affects the Shardworld and using this knowledge to access Investiture mechanically is something that brilliant non-Invested humans can do, and might even allow them to surpass some Invested humans.

Edited by skaa

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is Vash the Stampede from Trigun, which is probably the best anime I've ever seen. (Think of the Roughs in AoL and take out allomancy and put in awesome Japanese stuff.)

Why would you take out the Allomancy? Don't get me wrong, Trigun is awesome. But imagine Trigun. With Allomancy!

• 3 weeks later...

I only Gamble if I know i'm going to win, hence, the 6 sided Dice with 6 6's each.

I also get Uber characters in DnD  :P

I didn't notice all those 6's before. I thought they were normal...

Do me a favor? Remind me never to play dice with you. :P

Just updated my profile pic today. Threw on the TES symbol originally, just to have something there and because Forgery is super keen. Went ahead and drew a modification earlier today, Turned out alright. Had to add some inside shadow to make it not be so fuzzy when resized by the forum image resizer (which works better with high contrasts), and I might increase the thickness of the left side of the cat for visibility at the 32x32 level, but I'm happy for now.

EssenceCatSmall.png

Larger: 1015x1015 version

Edited by Tempus

Just updated my profile pic today. Threw on the TES symbol originally, just to have something there and because Forgery is super keen. Went ahead and drew a modification earlier today, Turned out alright. Had to add some inside shadow to make it not be so fuzzy when resized by the forum image resizer (which works better with high contrasts), and I might increase the thickness of the left side of the cat for visibility at the 32x32 level, but I'm happy for now.

EssenceCatSmall.png

Larger: 1015x1015 version

Ooh. You put a lot more thought into yours than I into mine. :D

Mine's not terribly original. Actually, not at all. For those who don't recognize it, my profile picture is a nice portrait of the Witch-King of Angmar. Because it kind of goes with my username, being a Middle Earth character, and the Witch-King is ominous and cool-looking at the same time.

• 1 month later...