Quirky Little Theory: Iron Feruchemy

mail-mi

Just a thought I had, what if Iron Feruchemy actually stores/taps your spiritual connection to the ground, and it's classified as "weight" because that's what the people on Scadrial think it is? 

Which brings up other ideas--what if all of Feruchemy just stores spiritual connection to something? (Total crazy speculation there.)

The Fact that is in the Primal-Physical Quadrant, make me think that is really something like "mass" to be stored. Like if your body became less dense while storing and more dense while tapping.

And like Natc says the gravity affect you in the standard way. You don't fall more or less fast using a IronMind.

The Fact that is in the Primal-Physical Quadrant, make me think that is really something like "mass" to be stored. Like if your body became less dense while storing and more dense while tapping.

And like Natc says the gravity affect you in the standard way. You don't fall more or less fast using a IronMind.

It's not just density though.  Pretty sure Sazed mentions that when using more "weight" while fighting at some point.  If it was density,  he could make himself harder to hurt which doesn't happen.  If no one else finds the quote,  I'll try to find it later tonight.  I think it's in WoA during the end battle while he's holding the gate.

edited:  I had the wrong book stated.

Edited by Charononus

The AoL annotations also talk about how you can't become so dense as to become bullet proof.

Yeah I know but I didn't talk about become Harder.

I use the Density definition whithout any "reinforcment" to the body.

Density= Mass/Volume

The only way that come to my mind for appening this it's like EagleOfTheForestPath says. The Feruchemy boost the subatomic particle that cause the mass in the object.

The last time that I checked the Higgs-Boson was the "theoretical agent" of the Mass but to be honest I am not an expert of Physics

We were actually discussing this in another thread a few days ago, and the only conclusion that satisfies me is that tapping Iron Feruchemy alters your interaction with the Higgs Field (which is the origin of mass as far as we know). Any other method of altering mass would seem to have side effects that we don't observe in the novels.

Well... It brings me to an interesting question.
A lot of the magic works on how the user perceive the magic.
For example, Kaladin's ability to heal.

So... What happens to Cadium and Bendalloy, once ideas such as Quantum Theory and Space-Time start to get bandied around?

Once people recognise that Time and Space can be thought of as the same thing, the usage of Cadium to create Length Contraction as opposed to Time DiIlation could be interesting.

Stick in a blast of Duralumin?

That might be the secret to FTL. Normal understanding of magic. Different understanding of the Universe.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps an understanding of spacetime is necessary for shooting out of a time bubble. Gravity warps time as well as the fabric of space. This warping of space could lead to inaccuracy in shooting out of a bubble. The nausea Wax describes after leaving the speed bubble is likely related to the change in relative gravity, sort of like motion sickness when riding a roller coaster.

• Chaos locked this topic