Random Stuff III

What kind of people do not read Poe? Poe is great, silly people and their silly tastes.

(To be fair though I didnt get it either and Ive read that story at least 3 times... bad memory...)

I barely remember anything from school, not even the stuff I had to memorize two years ago XD... can it be two years ago since I got out of school? More like one and a half...

You should start putting "Property of Company" on everything! And everyone, Im sure there is some social commentary in that, but I am not sure...

Edited by Morzathoth

At work I've been doing things that involve lots of small boxes of widgets.  I have to put "Property of <Company>" stickers on each widget.  This involves bringing out cartloads of boxes, opening them up one at a time, and slapping a sticker on, then putting it back into the box and back on the cart.

This leads to me building many temporary walls of widget boxes all over my desk and cube.

People started teasing me about building walls against them, and so I (naturally) cried out, "For the love of god, Montressor!"

*blank looks*

Me:  Oh, come on!  Edgar Allen Poe?  The Cask of Amontillado?

Them:  You weird person and your reading of things!

Me:  I had to read this in school!  In junior high!  It's commonly taught!

Them:  Rosemary, normal people don't remember lessons from junior high!

Me:  ....

Junior high wasn't that long ago!  Only...only....  only 25 years ago....

OK, so they may have a point there....

Nemo me impune stackwidget.

I always have a song running through my head, and it usually changes with my mood, but today my in-brain music player was running into some problems. I don't know any songs about awkwardness.

It's an emotion I've felt a lot lately (completely and totally not my fault; for some reason there are people at my school and I have to talk to them!) and my music-y side can't find anything that fits better than somewhat sad songs. Why are there no songs about everyday awkwardness?

Maybe I'll go through my Owl City songs and see how that works...

What kind of people do not read Poe? Poe is great, silly people and their silly tastes.

(To be fair though I didnt get it either and Ive read that story at least 3 times... bad memory...)

I barely remember anything from school, not even the stuff I had to memorize two years ago XD... can it be two years ago since I got out of school? More like one and a half...

You should start putting "Property of Company" on everything! And everyone, Im sure there is some social commentary in that, but I am not sure...

It's not that I memorized it on purpose, I just...remember it.  We listened to a recording of it, and I still remember some of the vocal inflections.  This is probably why I did so well in school.

Nemo me impune stackwidget.

You're alive!  (Seriously, it is dingdangity quiet around here when you're not at work.)

Looking at jobs for the first time in….almost a week. Partly because I need to; partly because Mom hasn't been home in all that time and I want to tell her I found something to apply for when she comes home tonight. :ph34r:

All in all, it's been a mostly relaxing week. Amazing how pleasant life is when a parent isn't breathing down your neck about something beyond your control. 

Twi, I come bearing job listings!

http://jeffco.us/jobs/

I always have a song running through my head, and it usually changes with my mood, but today my in-brain music player was running into some problems. I don't know any songs about awkwardness.

It's an emotion I've felt a lot lately (completely and totally not my fault; for some reason there are people at my school and I have to talk to them!) and my music-y side can't find anything that fits better than somewhat sad songs. Why are there no songs about everyday awkwardness?

Maybe I'll go through my Owl City songs and see how that works...

Improvise. I improvise on my guitar so much that sometimes my brain just improvises together fitting music sometimes, so improvise awkward music inside your head.

It may be difficult to get that here from Sweden.  :ph34r:

It may be, I have yet to figure out this entire teleportation/manipulate space thing. One day though, one day space will be but clay in my hands!

I'be been playing free-form Jazz for a few years now, and I've gotten so good at improvising I can do it on almost any instrument, and spend most of my day at school making up entire songs in my head

I can really only play two instruments, well, and my singing is pretty decent if I may say so myself. Improvising is no problem, it is when I decide to learn something XD Then I get bored and start to improvise instead...

And then forget all about the amazing song you just thought of? Done that, lots of times.

Missed Connection:

You: a cute woman working at Dairy Queen, with an MLP-themed tie and a belt with pictures of Rainbow Dash soaring around on it.

Me: a hairy teenager ordering a vanilla milkshake and tacos before slinking away, too nervous to talk to you.

Contact me so I can tell you why Fluttershy is best pony.

The best way to talk to people is to show them card tricks. At least it is the best way to kill awkward silence...

Or you can stare at them threateningly and say in a quiet, but scary voice "FLUTTERSHY IS THE BEST PONY".

She's like... fire and ice and cuddles. She's like a hug with a steel stare in the face of chaos. She's the color of butter and cool bubblegum. Her voice is sweet and melodious, and she can sing to the turn of the universe. And... she's wonderful.

Missed Connection:

You: a cute woman working at Dairy Queen, with an MLP-themed tie and a belt with pictures of Rainbow Dash soaring around on it.

Me: a hairy teenager ordering a vanilla milkshake and tacos before slinking away, too nervous to talk to you.

Contact me so I can tell you why Fluttershy is best pony.

Kinda like me at school...

Me: Look! A fellow awkward person! We could be best fwends!

He said nothing to me. I said nothing to him. In fact, I think we've said a total of twelve words to one another because of band. Awkward people unite, except we can't really because we can't talk to anybody of our own volition!

Kinda like me at school...

Me: Look! A fellow awkward person! We could be best fwends!

He said nothing to me. I said nothing to him. In fact, I think we've said a total of twelve words to one another because of band. Awkward people unite, except we can't really because we can't talk to anybody of our own volition!

Me, to the girl in the library with a Bridge 4 tshirt: Hi! Nice shirt.

Her: *doesn't hear me*

Me: May hellfire rain down upon my depraved soul

Me, to the girl in the library with a Bridge 4 tshirt: Hi! Nice shirt.

Her: *doesn't hear me*

Me: May hellfire rain down upon my depraved soul

I wish I had a Bridge 4 T-Shirt.

Once I was walkign along and found someone on a bench holding HoA at the same time that I was. But I was too shy to talk to him.