Kharbranth

Theorymaker

This is not a picture made by Shallan.  The one Shallan did would be far less stylized.  As to the voidbinding symbols.  It is so far unknown what the table at the back endpage represents.  All we know is that it is a depiction of a stained-glass window.

Oh, I heard that the table was a voidbinding chart because it had reversed surge symbols. Also Brandon put it in the cover like the Surgebinding chart so I thought it was important. Do you know where it says that this is a stained-glass window?

They do match one of the circle icons in the gem chart, except they are inverted (assuming bottom of icon = toward center of Kharbranth picture).  In the Kharbranth picture they look like head-on larkin rather than crabs.  If they are larkin, could all 10 of the large icons in the gem chart be representations of creatures? 

Shardlet and WeiryWriter thanks for the links. Now because of this I think there's something bigger than voidbinding (yes I still believe it's voidbinding) happening, but I don't want to be chastised for baseless speculation. Also hoser I think that the symbols are pointing at something, but I don't know what they could be pointing at.

Baseless speculation is always acceptable on 17S as long as it is not presented as being solid or the basis for trashing other ideas.  That is when things get awkward.  It is weird when people knock a theory or an idea (which is based on evidence) using their own speculation which does not have supporting evidence.  So, toss your idea into the ring, Theorymaker.

• Chaos locked this topic