mallamp

Hi,

I'm new member, Max. 

I'm huge Brandon Sanderson fan. I first got interested in him when I read he's going to finish Wheel of Time. I'm not a huge WoT-fan myself, I like it, but not a fan - anyway, I read Mistborn 1 and thought it was awesome but then sort of forgot about him. Later Sanderson caught my eye when I first read about his Laws of Magic etc. and then his opinion on sex/cursing in his books. I'm Christian myself so it sounded very nice and I decided to start reading more, and I did. Now I'm a complete fan and he's my #1 author, I love everything (well almost - some short stories and Alcatraz books I think are just good but not perfect) written by him.

I joined this site because I heard about Cosmere and wanted to know more so I went to wiki and then here. Next Sanderson-related thing I'm doing is reading Steelheart though, see you.

Edited by mallamp

Welcome mallamp!

Nights! Sparks! Storm it! Lord Ruler! They are much more interesting curse words than our hum drum four lettered options. I enjoy a well written novel with a clean rating too.

I started reading Mistborn not knowing anything about Brandon. It wasn't until I was halfway through HoA that I realized several of Sazed beliefs and way of phrasing things sounded LDS. Then I flipped to the "about the author" blurb and found out that he was. It was at that point I got to chide my sister for not sharing sooner; I went to BYU too and could have taken his class had I known!

By the Survivor, I love using these storming swears. So much more fun than regular old swear words (and, Harmony's Forearms, they're more forum friendly too!) I still use "Light" from the Wheel of Time series, and I'll admit OMH has pretty much completely replaced OMG in my vocab. 

• Chaos locked this topic