Where is the Terriswoman Worldhopper?

Shardlet

Your idea is a possibility Kad, but it's too uncertain for me to back it.

For everyone's information, Demoux's girlfriend was called Aslydin. ;)

I was one of the people who had theorized that she was a worldhopper beforehand and felt a degree of satisfaction at the news of their being a terriswoman worldhopper. Personally, though without much evidence, I had stuck with the theory that she was the one who introduced Demoux to worldhopping rather than the other way around as mentioned earlier in this thread =)

Your idea is a possibility Kad, but it's too uncertain for me to back it.

Yeah, as I said it is reaching a bit.

For everyone's information, Demoux's girlfriend was called Aslydin. ;)

I was one of the people who had theorized that she was a worldhopper beforehand and felt a degree of satisfaction at the news of their being a terriswoman worldhopper. Personally, though without much evidence, I had stuck with the theory that she was the one who introduced Demoux to worldhopping rather than the other way around as mentioned earlier in this thread =)

Woah, where is this from? I don't remember Demoux having a girlfriend (as some of my posts might suggest). Is this a forgotten passage of HoA?

Edited by Kadrok

*clears throat* here we are...

Sazed watched anxiously from the mouth of the cavern. A small group of men huddled around him. Garv, leader of the Church of the survivor in Luthadel. Harathdal, foremost of the Terris stewards. Lord Dedri Vasting, one of the surviving Assembly members from the city government. Aslydin, the young woman whom Demoux had apparently come to love during his few short weeks at the pits of Hathsin.

[Hero of ages chapter 81 page 704 in the paperback I have]

There's another quote earlier on, I'll edit it in when I find it.

Edit: Found it!

They passed another campfire, and the people there rose. They watched Elend and his general with hope. At this campfire, Demoux stopped as a young terriswoman approached and handed him and Elend some warm tea to drink. Her eyes lingered fondly on Demoux, and he thanked her by name. The Terris people were affectionate toward Demoux-they were thankful to him for bringing soldiers to help organize and police the mass of refugees.

[Hero of ages chapter 80 page 686 in the paperback I have]

Edited by lord_Ffnord

No transcript, Shardlet is waiting on permission to repost since it was someone else's question.

Not precisely.  Shardlet actually needs to sift through about a half an hour of recording where most of it is junk.  His brain decided to take the night off and watch Hellboy instead.  ^_^   I have permission for everything.  Karaokeang and hoser have made their posts.  Anything I add from their questions will be flavor.  All others I was given carte blanche.

Edited by Shardlet

• 5 months later...

This is an old topic, but my brother was rereading Warbreaker, and he was looking for any character that could be the Terriswoman. He mentioned the nurse as a possibility, but he found another one as well. I don't have a page number (I'll have to ask him to find the passage for me), but I can paraphrase his words.

"There's this one petitioner for Lightsong who only shows up for half a page. She causes him to flip out, and he wonders what was different about her, since he's been through hundreds of petitions before. She's never mentioned in the story again, even though she caused such a strong reaction in Lightsong. Perhaps she was using duraluminum to connect with him emotionally, making him more likely to hand over his breath?"

I don't know which petitioner this could be (I'll need to get my brother to show me), but I suppose there's another candidate now.

• 1 year later...

if it is the nurse then is it plausable that one of the nurses in taravangions death rattle hospital. what makes me think this is hoid is often described as a begger or fool in many of the other worlds. It seems like the worldhoppers might be creatures of comfort and slip into the guises they feel more accustomed to 

• 1 year later...

I find Duraluminum unlikely. Being a Terriswoman AND a Worldhopper means that she has a high likelihood of having some Feruchemical abilities, and if she was using Duraluminum along with Zinc she would need to be a full Mistborn. It just seems to me that a full Twinborn like the Lord Ruler would be too dangerous/powerful to be doing something as mundane as begging a Returned for his breath. Unless she knew of a way to make sure he transferred to breath to her instead of using it to heal the child (That might be possible, haven't looked into those kinds of theories yet). Then it would make sense for a Full Twinborn to try and become Returned as well. Still a huge stretch, especially since no protagonist would ever get that powerful (at least, not without becoming a Shard), and I don't see 17th Shard as being one of the Antagonists.

Of course, that could leave us with a Terriswoman who somehow has Allomancy but not Feruchemy (oh the irony). But I think not. The only other option involving Duraluminum is that there are other worldhoppers there with her who are doing the Zinc and Duraluminum/Nicrosil burning instead so that can all research/witness the passing of a Returned through healing. Less of a stretch, but still too unlikely for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic