The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this one above in Windrunner's 'Edited' section:

Did Alendi have a Hemalurgic spike to enhance his bronze Allomancy so he could detect the Well refilling early like Vin?

BS has confirmed that before, in the prophecies Ruin changed, but doesn't really matter. It's in TFE too, one of the epigraphs. Alendi wonders if his earings really are the 'piercings of the hero.'

Someone ask him about the symbol from the 'Isasik Shulin' thread (zas and some others put some really great screenshots up). But they need to have their book on them b/c I just can't think of a way to phrase the question without having the book to show BS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will the ELANTRIS sequels involve the new region/magic system from THE EMPEROR'S SOUL at all?

On a similar note, any plans for future works in established settings like MISTBORN and WARBREAKER introducing new magic systems? (I'm not counting new metals or new properties of metals, as those are still Allomancy and Feruchemy).

If a mistborn or misting burns a metal with a feruchemal storage in it he gets that attribute instead of the allomantic one; so what would happen if you burned a piece of a hemalugic spike? Would you get a short burst of the hemalurgic ability?

Does a 50/50 alloy of lerasium and atium, (the body of harmony,) make you a feruchemist in the same way that pure lerasium makes you mistborn?

Do the other shards have effects when their bodies are consumed by mistborn or used by feruchemists?

What is the feruchemal trait stored in lerasium? malatium?

Edited by Wayne

Hey Wayne, I see that this is your first post here, so welcome to 17th Shard! It would be great if you made a post in the Introduce Yourself topic, so all the other Sharders around here can give you a proper hello and meet you.

In response to your question, the unfortunate answer is that it's a little bit mysterious what would actually happen if you burned a Hemalurgic spike. We have two instances of him discussing what would happen, and they are seemingly contradictory. In the first one he calls it impossible since the spike would have to have killed you in order for you to be able to burn it. (like how you can only burn metalminds you made yourself) However this is invalidated by the fact that you don't have to die when a Hemalurgic spike steals your power. Also the second instance of Brandon speaking of it has something more interesting and up to date.

MARU NUI ()

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

BRANDON SANDERSON ()

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person's that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

Source

Hope this helps answer your question and again, welcome to 17th Shard. I hope you'll enjoy your time here :D

What are the percentages on the other seven Allomantic alloys?

From Final Empire:

Are the pewter Steel Alphabet Medallions made of Allomancer's pewter?

I know that percentages are given for duralumin, steel, and electrum. Electrum is mentioned at the begining of HoA, steel is mentioned by kelsier somewhere in FE, and duralumin is mentioned when Vin gets the sample and tests it to see if it's a valid alloy in WoA.

I don't have time to look them up but I think that they are:

Steel: 91% Iron, 9% Carbon

Duralumin: 93% Alluminum, 7% Copper

Electrum: 55% Silver, 45% Gold

I might be wrong on some of these since I'm just going by memory.

To find out the percentages for brass, bronze and the others you could buy a sample from Brandon's site and send them off to a lab for testing.

I would like Brandon to explain if there are connections between Glyphpairs, Aons, Spren and the weird creatures Shallan sees in her drawings. At the end of Way of Kings, Navani pains a glyph on the ground called "justice" and lit it on fire. Seems similar to the magic system in Elantris.

I can't speak for the first question. But we do know at least a bit about the second one.

CHAOS

Can Sazed "will" himself to any Shardworld if he so desires?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes, he has the capacity for it. However, will he? Don't know. If he did there would be a lot of ramifications for it...

Source

Can I please state that I need to learn a lot more before I can even ask a question? I know only what I know; I'm not one of those individuals highly apprised of inside information. Suffice it to say that I love this author's writing and I'm looking forward to reading more of it. This is a good place for me to be because I know so little, where I want to know so much more.