Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Translate solebas, nonne?   ;) 

Nam id dolore magna! Id nos Latine scripto! Tunc posset esse "profunditas" subforum pro "insanus" subforum. Suus 'sunt foolproof!

Et ... wow. Translated quod male

Translation:
You used Google Translate, didn't you?   ;)

Actually, that's a great idea! We should translate everything into Latin. Then we could be the "profound" subforum instead of the "insane" subforum. It's foolproof!

And wow. That translated badly. I'd better include the English version below in a spoiler tag

Edited by Mckeedee123

Translate solebas, nonne?  <_<

Nam id dolore magna! Id nos Latine scripto! Tunc posset esse "profunditas" subforum pro "insanus" subforum. Suus 'sunt foolproof!

Et ... wow. Translated quod male

Translation:
You used Google Translate, didn't you?  <_<

Actually, that's a great idea! We should translate everything into Latin. Then we could be the "profound" subforum instead of the "insane" subforum. It's foolproof!

And wow. That translated badly. I'd better include the English version below in a spoiler tag

You want to be the "profound" sub forum? Well, if you insist….:P 

I was browsing the excellent Twitter feed for Kim Kierkegaardashian, which combines Kim Kardashian's tweets with the philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard, and I realized our dialogue—while well-written, witty, thought-provoking, and sometimes hilarious—is sorely lacking in existential philosophy. So I took the liberty of walking in the footsteps of this anonymous tweeter. 

Doctor Game: 

Come with me, Backtrack, listen to the cry of a woman in labor at the hour of giving birth, look at the dying man's struggle in his last extremity, and tell me whether something that begins and ends thus could be intended for enjoyment.

Orange Crush: 

Man, I love trouble, the common denominator of living. It is the great equalizer.

Deathwish: 

"Yes sir," Deathwish said, giving a one-fingered salute. "I stick my finger into existence and it smells of nothing."

You want to be the "profound" sub forum? Well, if you insist…. :P

I was browsing the excellent Twitter feed for Kim Kierkegaardashian, which combines Kim Kardashian's tweets with the philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard, and I realized our dialogue—while well-written, witty, thought-provoking, and sometimes hilarious—is sorely lacking in existential philosophy. So I took the liberty of walking in the footsteps of this anonymous tweeter. 

Doctor Game: 

Orange Crush: 

Deathwish: 

Voidus is disappointed in the lack of Neverthere philosophy.  :(

Re: Countdowns first post, interesting character but murdering Vanillas for no reason is generally not approved of. Soulcaster is hardly likely to care about the matter personally but there are rules in place about using lethal force.

Blowing off a limb or two should be ok under Soulcasters 'Training and Reprimanding Act' of 2020  :unsure:

If you still want to keep it in that's fine but Mouldbreaker might be notified and potentially pay Countdown a visit later if that's the case.

Okay. Countdown gets frustarated at people a lot.

Interesting...  Trying to decide what this all effects.  

Honestly, I don't think it really affects anything. 9 miles up is about the height that planes fly, if not a little higher than that, and the oxygen that high is no where near enough to sustain a human. So the only real affect is that flying Epics can't reach the top unless they're near the edge of the bubble on the ground. Given this is the Fractured States, I doubt there are all that many planes flying due to lack of fuel, let alone lack of stable runways to both take off from and land at. 

I honestly hadn't realised it was so high/big. A bubble that size is.. hard to comprehend :P

People in the entire state should be able to see it, one would think. How far away can Everest be seen? Although a transparent blue-tinted bubble would be harder to make out against the sky than a mountain.

I honestly hadn't realised it was so high/big. A bubble that size is.. hard to comprehend :P

People in the entire state should be able to see it, one would think. How far away can Everest be seen? Although a transparent blue-tinted bubble would be harder to make out against the sky than a mountain.

Right, did I ever say the bubble was tinted? It was something I was going to bring up during Salem's creation, but I don't remember if I ever did. If I did, we'll stick with the bubble being visible. If I didn't, I'm not sure if I want the bubble visible or not. It really doesn't affect anything, except for maybe UV radiation, because who wouldn't want an SPF-35 bubble?!

If so, would Shiny start flirting with her? :P

With a dinosaur? Probably not. :P Now a lizard girl... :ph34r:

Nietzsche claimed that God is dead.

Neverthere just called Nighthound God.

Therefore Nighthound is dead.

My logic is irrefutable! 

Let's see what sophisticated Nighhound sounds like

"Does cruel nature rule me, making me dance to its invisible strings, or do I myself slave the cruelties of nature for pure amusement of my nature? I say it matters not for both myself and cruelty can only gain from our shared work .

Okay. Countdown gets frustarated at people a lot.

Okay to changing it or okay to angering the guy with a carte blanche?

On the bubble, maybe the tint depends on how large it is? :ph34r:

On the bubble, maybe the tint depends on how large it is? :ph34r:

That's a possibility, though I've always headcanoned that Bubbles can see out of the bubbles she makes, regardless of size. I think I'm sticking with this:

From outside looking in, bubble has blue tint, but is translucent enough to see through.

From inside looking out, there is no tint.

I'd like Comatose's thoughts though, as this power was originally his idea.

That's a possibility, though I've always headcanoned that Bubbles can see out of the bubbles she makes, regardless of size. I think I'm sticking with this:

From outside looking in, bubble has blue tint, but is translucent enough to see through.

From inside looking out, there is no tint.

I'd like Comatose's thoughts though, as this power was originally his idea.

I was originally intending them to be clear, like Prof's forcefields, but I'm also fine with an outside tint if that is what you want (it would go with Bubble's colour scheme when flying).   

I do like the idea of the tint being more concentrated when the bubbles are smaller, and less when the bubble is larger.  I also would prefer for there to be no tint from the inside.  The original idea for the bubbles is that they could be selective, so that they let air, water, ground, light, in, but prevent living things, projectiles, etc, from entering or leaving.  With this in mind, the light from outside should be able to enter the bubble unimpeded, so the sky should look normal from inside the bubble.  

Even with a tint, we've never said the bubbles produce light.  With a blue tint, I think it would be difficult to see at all during clear days, which is the weather that Corvallis usually has.  It likely can only be seen from the outside on cloudy days or at sunset, because at night it would be too dark.  

And then Rainmaker forced her grunts to place several warning signs alarming of the bubble being there. :P

1 mile from the bubble: WARNING: YOU ARE 1 MILE FROM AN ENORMOUS FORCEFIELD. 

1/2 mile: YOU WILL RUN INTO THE FORCEFIELD IN 1/2 MILE. 

1/4 mile: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR PAPERS READY IN 1/4 MILE, YOU WILL HIT A FORCEFIELD. 

1/8 mile: PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE FORCEFIELD. 

500 feet: IT'S CLOSE NOW. 

50 feet: SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE ABOUT TO HIT IT.

10 feet: DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU. 

5 feet: YOU ARE GOING TO BREAK YOUR NOSE.

Just inside the bubble: WHAT DID I TELL YOU, IDIOT. 

1 mile from the bubble: WARNING: YOU ARE 1 MILE FROM AN ENORMOUS FORCEFIELD. 

1/2 mile: YOU WILL RUN INTO THE FORCEFIELD IN 1/2 MILE. 

1/4 mile: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR PAPERS READY IN 1/4 MILE, YOU WILL HIT A FORCEFIELD. 

1/8 mile: PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE FORCEFIELD. 

500 feet: IT'S CLOSE NOW. 

50 feet: SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE ABOUT TO HIT IT.

10 feet: DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU. 

5 feet: YOU ARE GOING TO BREAK YOUR NOSE.

Just inside the bubble: WHAT DID I TELL YOU, IDIOT. 

First question for getting into the city, "Did you run into the bubble?" Never answer with yes. :ph34r:

And two short Portland segments from me.