Yeah that should be fine, I don't think there's anything Soulcaster needed to do in the brief break for the fights so afternoon brackets can start up now.

Sounds good. I'll get that up then.

Hey Mailliw, I just thought of a cool way that Hypno can die (if you planning on killing him or like this and stuff)

He runs into Iconoclast at some stage (later on in the RP), and orders him to stop. He is forced to obey, and Hypno gloats over capturing him. Then some ghouls show up, and run at him. Hypno calmly orders them to stop, but unable to comprehend his order and their minds clouded with rage, they are unaffected and keep charging. Hypno panics as he realises they aren't affected, and they rip him apart, freeing Iconoclast.

Edit: posted the beginnings of a player list :) I know I won't have gotten everyone but I think I got all the active players, at least.

Hmm, that could be cool. I have plans for him for the next few days, but maybe after.

Lightsworn Panda was here before too.

Kind of a random thing, but after reading Silver's posts in the last Question about how Converter could break out of her restraints, I got kind of curious, and started doing some research into heat capacity. Turns out, there's a literal crap-ton of energy in the human body.  :P (To raise or cool the human body by one degree Celsius, you have to add/remove around 300 kilojoules of energy.) And, it just so happens, steel can't hold much energy before changing states (there's only about 600kj/kg between 0* and it's melting point, in fact). So if Converter removed two degrees of her own body heat she could just melt her restraints. Assuming she recovered the heat quickly, there would be a very minimal overall loss, so she probably wouldn't even experience hypothermia.

And of course, if you wanted to just break the restraints instead of melting them, that would be even easier, as it would require a lot less energy to shatter the metal through thermal shock than it would to melt it. [/random science discussion]

(I think I'm starting to realize just how overpowered Converter and Frostfire are. :unsure::P)

Wasn't there a restriction about the powers working on living things? But even so the human body doesn't do well with changes to its temperature. Hypothermic symptoms can start to appear with as little as 1 degree of lost heat and it would take a while for that to heat up again.

Wasn't there a restriction about the powers working on living things? But even so the human body doesn't do well with changes to its temperature. Hypothermic symptoms can start to appear with as little as 1 degree of lost heat and it would take a while for that to heat up again.

There isn't one for Frostfire. I don't know about Converter, but the bio in the Epics of Oregon thread makes reference to using energy from her own body.

That's definitely true, especially in Converter's situation, seeing how she's an a cold environment with no way to easily gather energy. They do have a bit of an advantage over your average person, as they can recoup a sizable chunk of the energy they put out, but using their own body heat would probably end up a last-ditch option regardless. This is more hypothetical than anything; I just figured I'd share it because it kind of freaked me out when I realized exactly how much power they could wield even before you count their energy absorption abilities. :P

Hypothermic symptoms can start to appear with as little as 1 degree of lost heat and it would take a while for that to heat up again.

^This^. It pretty much prevents energy Epics from using their own energy for anything. That being said, energy Epics (particularly ones which can convert energy types), are still ridiculously powerful because they can remove small amounts of energy from other humans to wreak disastrous results. Plus they can utilize externally acquired energy to fuel their body, removing their need to eat, which is nice.

Edit: Gah, I was ninja'd.

Edited by Blaze1616

^This^. It pretty much prevents energy Epics from using their own energy for anything. That being said, energy Epics (particularly ones which can convert energy types), are still ridiculously powerful because they can remove small amounts of energy from other humans to wreak disastrous results. Plus they can utilize externally acquired energy to fuel their body, removing their need to eat, which is nice.

Don't think for one second that this would prevent Obliteration from grilling hamburgers on his bare chest. :ph34r::P 

There isn't one for Frostfire. I don't know about Converter, but the bio in the Epics of Oregon thread makes reference to using energy from her own body.

That's definitely true, especially in Converter's situation, seeing how she's an a cold environment with no way to easily gather energy. They do have a bit of an advantage over your average person, as they can recoup a sizable chunk of the energy they put out, but using their own body heat would probably end up a last-ditch option regardless. This is more hypothetical than anything; I just figured I'd share it because it kind of freaked me out when I realized exactly how much power they could wield even before you count their energy absorption abilities. :P

There's also the accuracy angle to consider, pulling just enough to not kill you would be pretty insanely difficult, and if you take it slowly the energy dissipates into the air and you'd have to use even more energy.

Is it a dress, though? Or is it just a towel that looks suspiciously like a dress? :P

Depends, did Funtimes change it's cognitive aspect as well? Does it think it is a dress? Does it have a dress Spren? ...Well for once I only really care about the result and not the details. :ph34r::P

Oh and Voidus (or anyone that remembers for that matter) could I get a refresher on Neverhtere's looks?

Edited by Edgedancer

Depends, did Funtimes change it's cognitive aspect as well? Does it think it is a dress? Does it have a dress Spren? ...Well for once I only really care about the result and not the details. :ph34r::P

Oh and Voidus (or anyone that remembers for that matter) could I get a refresher on Neverhtere's looks?

Careful there. You're approaching the heretical question of whether or not Funtimes could transform the stick. :P

Here's Neverthere's official description:

Appearance: A young woman of 22 years of age, Neverthere commonly wears a t-shirt and skirt with no shoes, preferring bright colours such as pink (Somewhat less extreme than Funtimes) she continues to wear glasses even after becoming an Epic due to her former shortsightedness, her illusion is always an exact copy and so wears the same clothes as she does.

I'm pretty sure her hair was described as curly and black, and she's currently wearing a bright pink t-shirt and a black miniskirt.

Careful there. You're approaching the heretical question of whether or not Funtimes could transform the stick. :P

Here's Neverthere's official description:

I'm pretty sure her hair was described as curly and black, and she's currently wearing a bright pink t-shirt and a black miniskirt.

Of course Funtimes could, she has that commanding personality. :P

Thatnk you, although I think she's blonde. :ph34r:

In her early twenties with black curly hair and a roundish face, she's currently barefoot in a pink tshirt and black skirt and wearing a pen on one ear.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Kobold. I'm pretty sure I said she had black hair but if not then she dyed it last night I guess :P

Also I completely forgot that she's supposed to have glasses and is shortsighted.  :unsure:

Edited by Voidus

In her early twenties with black curly hair and a roundish face, she's currently barefoot in a pink tshirt and black skirt and wearing a pen on one ear.

Weird, could have sworn Rapid described her hair as blonde...

Her blonde hair, hanging still in the night air-

found it. :ph34r:

Still good to know and I kind of have to ask, even if i don't want to, how long a skirt are we talking about?

Weird, could have sworn Rapid described her hair as blonde...

found it. :ph34r:

Still good to know and I kind of have to ask, even if i don't want to, how long a skirt are we talking about?

*Facepalm*

This is what I get for having too many Epics, details blur together. Well if it hasn't been referenced as being black in canon I guess she's a blonde now.

Scandalously short but not as short as Deathwish would want would be my best description :P

Just as every woman in the Dalles hides from Deathwish's leering? :P

The problem here is in assuming they'd hide rather than put a sack over his head, punch him for a while then toss him in a river.

*Facepalm*

This is what I get for having too many Epics, details blur together. Well if it hasn't been referenced as being black in canon I guess she's a blonde now.

Scandalously short but not as short as Deathwish would want would be my best description :P

It happens, although I'd vote for editing the Rapid post, black hair does seem to fit her better. :ph34r:

I thought they hid in the convent, protected by their Prayer Sirens and their ancient allies Misters Smith and Wesson. :ph34r::P

The Dalles has an order of invisible assassin nuns. They were the true founders of the Reckoners. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

It happens, although I'd vote for editing the Rapid post, black hair does seem to fit her better. :ph34r:

The Dalles has an order of invisible assassin nuns. They were the true founders of the Reckoners. :P

Edit what? The Rapid post has always mentioned her black ringlets.  :ph34r: 

*Stealthily pulls out neuralizer*