• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, I've been unable to keep up with this stuff for a while now, only stumble back and hear about all the steelhunt and preview chapter stuff. Is anyone willing and able to help a guy navigate through this to read the preview chapters???

Not sure what you are asking for.  Here's some stuff:

• The OP of this thread has links that Windrunner created for many of the preview readings
  • There is Steelhunt stuff that Brandon makes available to people who have codes.  If you get a code, don't post it publicly.  You can ask for codes or people can give them to you.  This site forbids posts (not PMs) asking for codes, but that is just a site rule, not from Brandon.  Someone on Reddit invited people to ask them for codes here.  This site has a scavenger hunt that may get you a code.
  • The events, signings and stalking subforum has various recent interview information, but it can be a bit hard to find.  I recommend the two threads relating to the Seattle signing but there is more in other threads. 

Hope this helps

Yeah...I have no idea what I'm even looking for past the first obvious one (can't even tell if the pages are filled w/ typos or if that's all intentional for some strange reason).

It does have it's own forum, assuming that you want to do the Shardhunt and not just ask the person on Reddit who is offering a code. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird that despite the fact that this will be a Shallan centric book he has never read anything other than the one flashback chapter.  I'd be happy for a chapter with Shallan and Jasnah sitting on a boat talking philosophy (actually I'd be ecstatic for it)! I'm starving for more content, even after the Steelhunt. I wish there was a way to just turn Stormlight off in my brain for the next 3 months (hey less than 3.5 months till release)!   Thinking about it is really driving me nuts.

Edited by agrooster

Hey guys,

FYI the most recent Steelhunt unlock on Brandon's site has a second half to Kaladin Ch. 2 (which isn't in this thread as of right now). Anybody with access to Windrunner's doc might want to update it.

Thanks again for putting all of these in one easy-to-find place!

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't realize that Brandon had released a Kaladin chapter at some point, that was great to read because I really wanted to know where Stormblessed was at. I really am excited for Words of Radiance and am about to read the other chapters that I haven't read yet. I also have a theory sort of. I read the Lift Interlude a few days back and I noticed the part where it mentioned Szeth killing emperors of that nation frequently. However, it was also mentioned that he had been slaughtering Highprinces of Alethkar. All of the Highprinces are on the Shattered Plains in the War of Reckoning so that Interlude could possibly have taken place after Part 4. As I noticed in The Way of Kings there were no Part 5 Interludes, only a final set of Interludes after Part Four. In Part Four of the first book, that is where everything reached a climactic point. Part 5 meanwhile was the aftermath or epilogue to Part Four while also establishing plot-lines for Words of Radiance. The Lift Interlude does not state which set of Interludes it is in as a few of the others said at the top which part they were in. That leaves a possibility of Lift's Interlude taking place after Part 4 of Words of Radiance, remember Part 4 is the climax of the book and I strongly believe that Szeth vs Kaladin will happen then with aftermath in the final part as they did in book 1. So if Lift's Interlude is in the final set of Interludes then this could be taking place right after Szeth arrived at the plains, this would make sense as to why it was mentioned that The Assassin in White was slaughtering Highprinces of Alethkar. The Interlude says nothing about Dalinar Kholin as it says nothing about names of the dead Highprinces. Could this possibly be a hint of what happened in Szeth's attack on the Shattered Plains? Szeth could have massacred many Highprinces while that is probably part of his set of orders. That very Interlude could have possibly spoken of Dalinar's death to Szeth in the Shattered Plains. I am really unsure of how it will play out, I feel that Dalinar could die for sure, I am putting his chances of survival at 40% to a 60% death chance but his storyline has many more things to happen yet. Brandon I believe said that main characters would die in this series so just because a character was supposed to have a point of view novel didn't mean they would live that long. He could be referring to Dalinar who is supposed to be the focal character of book 5 and saying that he may not live that long. Of course this is all pure speculation on my part and Lift's Interlude mentioning murdered Highprinces is far from proof of Dalinar's death but it could possibly be a small hint that could be part of the aftermath as it would politically be felt worldwide. Does anyone know more about this or have anything to go with or against my theory here? I do believe that Lift's Interlude is part of the final set due to the mentioning of slaughtered Highprinces, but why would Brandon release it? He may have chosen that one to be released as a small hint, or he could have just wanted to give a good preview. Either way I am very hyped for book 2 which already to me feels like a bit of an endgame with all of the ominous things happening at the moment. One last thing, does anyone wonder if Sadeas is affiliated with Taravangian and if that is how the king of Kharbranth knew immediately about Dalinar becoming the Highprince of War? Maybe Sadeas tried to eliminate him for that reason and by Taravangian saying he hoped he wouldn't have to have Dalinar killed, maybe he meant he hoped he wouldn't have to have Szeth massacre many innocents for his own sake because he feels deep regret at his actions and I doubt he wants to use Szeth and torture the man more unless he thinks he needs to. Please let me know what you think of those two theories I have, March 4, 2014 can't come soon enough.

@Moash-- You make a very good point about the Lift interlude. I'm hoping Dalinar doesn't die. Not because I can't stand lose my favorite characters. I have no issues with character deaths as long as it serves the best interests of the overall story. I don't want Dalinar to die in WOR because he is the one the fans assume will kick it. His death wouldn't be shocking enough. Also, if Dalinar does die, I hope Sanderson has his replacement to lead the Knights Radient set up. Maybe Navani, Jasnah, or Kaladin, but a lot would need to happen for that to work.

So if Dalinar died it wouldn't be a surprise and that alone would be kind of sad.

@Moash-- You make a very good point about the Lift interlude. I'm hoping Dalinar doesn't die. Not because I can't stand lose my favorite characters. I have no issues with character deaths as long as it serves the best interests of the overall story. I don't want Dalinar to die in WOR because he is the one the fans assume will kick it. His death wouldn't be shocking enough. Also, if Dalinar does die, I hope Sanderson has his replacement to lead the Knights Radient set up. Maybe Navani, Jasnah, or Kaladin, but a lot would need to happen for that to work.

So if Dalinar died it wouldn't be a surprise and that alone would be kind of sad.

Isn't the 5th planned book supposed to focus on Dalinar? Would be kind of hard to do if he is dead. It is more likely that he will kill off or cripple Kaladin, Syl, Andolin, Navani, or Jasnah. Of course, he could have decided to focus on a different character for book five and just not have told anyone... Edited by Chlehrma

Isn't the 5th planned book supposed to focus on Dalinar? Would be kind of hard to do if he is dead. It is more likely that he will kill off or cripple Kaladin, Syl, Andolin, Navani, or Jasnah. Of course, he could have decided to focus on a different character for book five and just not have told anyone...

Sanderson has said that he has no problem killing off a character and then having their flashback sequence in a later book.

I believe it's actually Kaladin who's being set up as the future leader of the restored KR.

I agree with you though that Dalinar's death is almost  too anticipated and besides, I think book 2 is still a bit too early to kill off ANY of the main characters. Each of them still has too much to do! haha

And I shamelessly admit that I don't want Kaladin to die simply because he is my favorite character and I love him ( :wub: ) and I'll cry like a little girl if anything...permanent...happens to him. Poor guy can use a break :P (but not a permanent one.. LOL :))

• 2 weeks later...

When the AIW comes to the shattetred plains, will he go after all the high princes or just Dalinar?

I get the idea the Parshendi are waiting for blackthorn, so will they recognise him via his plate or sword? If it is the sword, one o their enemies are dealt with, while the plates means his son's death, so another reason to call for vengence,

I am getting the feeling the parshman in the guard will some how learn to change? so either a spy, or being around a knight radiant awakes it. That could potentially lead to an alliance.

With all the chaos, would the vorin kingdoms welcome the althethi uniting them? they might welcome shard bearers and radiant knights.