GOG summer sale.

Nepene

Just recently I bought all the old DND games that I played and loved when I was young for 20 dollars. Icewind dale (which I spend dozens of hours on), Baldurs Gate 2 (incredibly addictive, stayed up to 3 many nights to play it) Planescape (a super deep game with a sequel coming out soon).  It's awesome. And they have torchlight free.

Anyone else here a GOG fan? I do love their many sales and their freedom from DRM.

Edited by Nepene

I picked up Torchlight--because, free--andd bought FTL (amazing game, simple but surprisingly engaging) awhile back, but I'm not a regular customer. I'm teetering on whether to buy from the summer sale, as I already have a shameful backlog from various Humble Bundles.

• 2 weeks later...

GOG stands for good old games. They sell older games. Many of the games they sell are available as abandonware. Patents run out after a period of time, so its not pirating. GoG does a good job of taking old DOS games and getting them to run properly in DOS box on windows boxes. That being said alot of the games they sell you can find with a quick google search on abandonware sites and many are already plugged into dos box.

For those who dont know, dos box is a dos emulator for windows. Older games wont run on the new windows operating system. its pretty easy to get games to run on this yourself. There are youtube videos.

That being said GoG is a quality site. They actually give the class game Ultima 4 away for free and its all set up in Dos Box.