Stormlight comes in Handy

anonymous2017

So, if a Knight Radiant were walking along and cut himself, then breathed in stormlight, the stormlight would immediately recognize that the cut does not fit with the knight's perception of himself and begin to heal the cut.

So here's my example:

A knight radiant is charging along in battle with his comrades when they are attacked from behind. The group breaks rank and swivels about to face the ambush, but the knight radiant aforementioned is too slow and is thrown to the ground by one of the enemy monsters. One arm is pinned under the creatures foot and the other hand is caught under a rock. Unable to summon his shardblade and unable to use surgebinding because he is a Edgedancer and not even resurrecting a dead boy will save him, the knight watches helplessly as the monster lifts its massive club to mash in his forehead.

Except... he doesn't watch helplessly! He has a hidden power! He immediately convinces himself that he has a third arm sprouting out of his chest, only he lost this arm during the battle. It was very painful. The stormlight immediately sympathizes and helps him by healing his third arm which miraculously appears out of his chest, summons a shardblade, and slays the monster.

He then is made fun of by his peers because he is deformed and amputation doesn't help at all.

Eh? Plausible?  B)

Totally fun.  But if I can change my self perception at will, then can I just get rid of the hand by changing it back?  

But seriously, you are an Edgedancer and your arms get caught?  What's up with that?  Going slick instantly frees either or both of your arms. 

No but very clever. If my understanding is right something like that would have to change on cognitive and the Spiritual level. Also the mental juto involved would be very very hard  just to change the cognitive. Otherwise a severely deranged person might be able to turn them selves into a monster. I do not think that if Lopen thought his missing arm was claw like zoidberg's that he would get a claw arm when Stormlight regrows it. However just ripping your arm off and then regrowing a new one seems to be totally viable. I think the spirirtual base has to exist so that the cognitive can limit/filter it.

Edit: Ha Ripping your own arm off and beating someone to death with it is now a viable combat plan not a great one but truly terrifying to behold.

Edited by Arook

• Chaos locked this topic