Speculation: The Properties of God Metals

kroen

Atium [all confirmed]

Allomancy: See several seconds into the future.

Feruchemy: Stores age.

Hemalurgy: Steals any single attribute.

Alloys: Atium can be alloyed with each of the 16 basic metals. This creates various temporal effects.

Lerasium [allomancy and alloys confirmed; all else speculated]

Allomancy: Ingesting Lerasium turns you into a Mistborn.

Feruchemy: Stores any single attribute. Only Feruchemists can store in a Lerasiummind (Full Feruchemists can store any one of their attributes, while Ferrings can only store their metal's attribute). Tapping a Lerasiummind releases the stored attribute tenfold, as if it was compounded. Actually compounding a Lerasiummind (only possible for Twinborns, but it doesn't matter if their Allomantic metal is different than their Feruchemical metal) releases the stored attribute a hundredfold. (While sounding insane, keep in mind the metal is burned away in the process.)

Hemalurgy: Copies any single attribute. When you impale someone with a Lerasium spike to steal an attribute, they don't die and the wound actually heals when the spike is removed. In additon, they don't lose the attribute that was copied. A person that was copied from, however, cannot gain double the attribute by impaling himself with the same spike; it can only be used on other people.

Alloys: Lerasium can be alloyed with each of the 16 basic metals. Ingesting an alloy of Lerasium and a basic metal turns you into a Misting of that metal.

Sazedium [all speculated]

Composition: Atium & Lerasium

Allomancy: Ingesting Sazedium turns you into a Full Feruchemist.

Feruchemy: Stores any Feruchemical attribute. In addition: Anyone can store in it; it can store multiple attributes simultaneously in the same piece of metal; and anyone can draw on the reserves, even if someone else stored them. (Basic idea credit goes to ReaderAt2046)

Hemalurgy: Sazedium steals every attribute from the person it impaled. This includes, but no limited to: Physical, Mental, Allomantic and Feruchemical. (By "every" I mean that a single Sazedium spike steals all of the attributes, not just one.)

Alloys: Sazedium can be alloyed with each of the 16 basic metals. Ingesting an alloy of Sazedium and a basic metal turns you into a Ferring of that metal.

Edited by kroen

I'd take issue with the Hemalurgic speculation for Sazedium and Lerasium, even though Lerasium is concentrated Preservation it is still being used in Ruins system, so it has to be end negative still, and I find it unlikely that Sazedium would be better at stealing attributes than Atium would be as well.

I'd take issue with the Hemalurgic speculation for Sazedium and Lerasium, even though Lerasium is concentrated Preservation it is still being used in Ruins system, so it has to be end negative still, and I find it unlikely that Sazedium would be better at stealing attributes than Atium would be as well.

To be honest I couldn't think of any other original thing a lerasium spike would steal. Any suggestions?

And sazedium is better at stealing than atium because it comes from Hormony. Atium comes from Ruin, and Ruin is part of Harmony. The second part is Preservation, and it makes sense that a sazedium spike would want to not just steal, but to preserve. (Stealing an attribute hemalurgically always kills the victim, and it's kind of a waste, preservation-wise, to steal just one attribute for someone and letting the rest of his attributes die with him.)

Edited by kroen

To be honest I couldn't think of any other original thing a lerasium spike would steal. Any suggestions?

And sazedium is better at stealing than atium because it comes from Hormony. Atium comes from Ruin, and Ruin is part of Harmony. The second part is Preservation, and it makes sense that a sazedium spike would want to not just steal, but to preserve. (Stealing an attribute hemalurgically always kills the victim, and it's kind of a waste, preservation-wise, to steal just one attribute for someone and letting the rest of his attributes die with him.)

maybe then instead of making sazedium better than atium at stealing properties, perhaps it could be used to steal any single property but without killing the 'donor'? Just as an alternative suggestion.

No idea what a lerasium spike could do :S

maybe then instead of making sazedium better than atium at stealing properties, perhaps it could be used to steal any single property but without killing the 'donor'? Just as an alternative suggestion.

No idea what a lerasium spike could do :S

Actually this idea is better fit for lerasium. I actually thought about it, but I don't remember why I dismissed it. Gonna use it for lerasium then. I stand by my sazedium though.

Lerasium [allomancy and alloys confirmed; all else speculated]

Hemalurgy: Copies any single attribute. When you impale someone with a Lerasium spike to steal an attribute, they don't die and the wound actually heals when the spike is removed. In additon, they don't lose the attribute that was copied. A person that was copied from, however, cannot gain double the attribute by impaling himself with the same spike; it can only be used on other people.

This is interesting. What if it isn't permanent? Consider that Allomantic uses of Atium don't last very long, but Hemalluric use is permanent. And Allomantic use of Lerasium is permanent.

Maybe the spike would slowly lose its charge, even in use? I like the idea that Lerasium cheats around Hemalurgy's greatest disadvantage, but at the cost of not working very well.

Oh here's a combination use. Steal something with it, then instead of spiking yourself, burn the spike. You get the new ability permanently, but at the cost that you just burned Lerasium which is sooooooo useful.

Edited by Morsk

If we're speculating wildly...

Lerasium: Steals Preservation.  That's right, all the preservation in a person.  On the plus side, you can stick the spike in a gorilla or something, and the excess preservation would reformat them into a sapient person again, complete with allomancy.

• Chaos locked this topic