Maybe it's time to redesign Lightwards' pony. :ph34r: (Also that fic sounds like self insert, just saying.)

Oh, it was definitely a self-insert. It's a satirical fiction about Twilight criticizing Rainbow Dash's fanfiction. The green earth pony they both swoon over passes through the room right after Twilight critiques Rainbow's "Rainbow Flash" OC that Daring Do swoons over. :P:lol:

(I came up here for my friend's wedding, and that's why I'm staying. No idea what we have planned for today, though.)

Have waffles?

Go to the nearest pug sanctuary?

Track down a certain bagpipe-playing unicyclist?

Stand in the street and yell "Repent ye sinners, for Obliteration is coming to Oregon"?

Have waffles?

Go to the nearest pug sanctuary?

Track down a certain bagpipe-playing unicyclist?

Stand in the street and yell "Repent ye sinners, for Obliteration is coming to Oregon"?

Abbie and I have conferred.

She isn't in the mood for waffles, and we aren't sure how close the nearest pug sanctuary is. So we're doing the second two. :ph34r:

Don't let him into Portland? If you want to take it farther than that I supposse the question would be what happens with the characters after Portland is done... in half a decade or so.

Just saying that the ability to enslave and/or kill most Epics he has been in proximity of for just a rather short time would make him quite the heavy hitter and by the time they know it he already has a legion of Epics forced to act as his body guards.

That is true, but preventing bonding from working on Epics prevents it. The bonding is what makes slaves.

Question time:

Would his powers afect epics like Nighthound and Deathwish?

Can his power affect mussels as well as muscles?

Just how strong was he when he became an epic?

Doesn't anyone else find It extremely heart breaking that masterpieces like this get buried deep in the thread thanks to pug pictures and shipping? :(

For the sake of his name, could he carry around a trophy he won in a muscle related contest?

Question time:

Would his powers afect epics like Nighthound and Deathwish?

Can his power affect mussels as well as muscles?

Just how strong was he when he became an epic?

Good question. I'd say not Nighthound, since his healing would repair any damage done soon. But Deathwish, yeah I think so. No skin damage means that it won't be reflected, either.

hmmm doubt it, he hasn't tried.

For the sake of irony, it would be interesting if he had been a body-building fitness nut before Calamity, and is now a skeletal creature of skin and bone.

Doesn't anyone else find It extremely heart breaking that masterpieces like this get buried deep in the thread thanks to pug pictures and shipping? :(

rest easy, Voidus knows where it is, and can transfer it to the Fanfics thread when he wants. No need to stop anyone's fun.

For the sake of his name, could he carry around a trophy he won in a muscle related contest?

nah, it might depress him too much :P

Its just that we tend to cover as much a LOT of space in conversations, while stuff like the Atrophy post get lost deep in the middle of the thread, and if this is a conversation between 3 or 2 people who just didn't happen to see the post at hand, the chances are the rest of the people won't see It, taking into account most of us don't really read all the posts here, as they can sometimes be meaning less. 0~0

Its just that we tend to cover as much a LOT of space in conversations, while stuff like the Atrophy post get lost deep in the middle of the thread, and if this is a conversation between 3 or 2 people who just didn't happen to see the post at hand, the chances are the rest of the people won't see It, taking into account most of us don't really read all the posts here, as they can sometimes be meaning less. 0~0

With planning-related posts, we put the first word at least in red, so those skimming can see it. Joe at least just searches the thread for mentions of his name or characters if he's running short on time. And, as Blackhoof mentioned, Voidus already moved the Metronome post to the Fanfics thread; it wouldn't be hard to do the same for Atrophy.

On another note, we're all friends here. This is for planning, yes, but it's also where we come to socialize over interests that would otherwise spam unrelated threads. This is our subculture, and tangents are part of that subculture. Better to just accept that this is how we express our friendship. :)

That is true, but preventing bonding from working on Epics prevents it. The bonding is what makes slaves.

Maybe but unless everyone just magically knows the exact details of his powers, how would they prevent it? And if they know about him but never want to interact with him because that bonding is such a threath to them, why not simply assassinate him?

It would be a rather depressing thread if stories of Atrophy abounded with no pugs or ponies around to offset the slontzeyness.

Plus, we don't really discuss every singly RP post in any more detail than this, so it's not like the lack of talk is a symptom of it being in the Question.

Maybe but unless everyone just magically knows the exact details of his powers, how would they prevent it? And if they know about him but never want to interact with him because that bonding is such a threath to them, why not simply assassinate him?

I mean I can change his power so that he cannot make bonds with Epics, and his muscle weakening is not as effective against Epics as it is against humans.

I mean I can change his power so that he cannot make bonds with Epics, and his muscle weakening is not as effective against Epics as it is against humans.

I don't really mind the general muscle weakening on other Epics but the bond would essentially make him the center point of any story he joins, either because he just walked up to let's say Rainmaker and the Queens, while they interrogate Converter and involes them in a short talk caiming he knows something about Insight and congratulations he has just taken control of most of the powerful Epics in town. Otherwise, if they do know about his powers there's again not really a reason for anyone not to simply kill him, before he turns into a problem.

So they get cherries, at least :P

I don't really mind the general muscle weakening on other Epics but the bond would essentially make him the center point of any story he joins, either because he just walked up to let's say Rainmaker and the Queens, while they interrogate Converter and involes them in a short talk caiming he knows something about Insight and congratulations he has just taken control of most of the powerful Epics in town. Otherwise, if they do know about his powers there's again not really a reason for anyone not to simply kill him, before he turns into a problem.

yeah I completely agree, the bond is very strong when used on influential and powerful Epics.

But when used against vanillas, it isn't much different from simply being an Epic with any decent offensive power and forcing them to do what you like. Or what Nighthound does.

and personality-wise, it seems like he isn't interested in power. He just wants to live his life comfortably and just wants enough freedom to kidnap whatever vanillas are necessary to help. Seems like he would go well in Corvallis- a little extra control over his servants. Maybe he can be a neutral Epic in all this who just wants to be left alone.

Edited by Blackhoof