Show us yer bookcases

Joe ST

So this one: attachicon.gifIMG_20140129_185135.jpg is mine.

But I live with my parents and these two: attachicon.gifIMG_20140129_185217.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140129_185227.jpg are what they've been working on for a long time and recently finished. 

2b3634bb375d685fbde235e031643c39_view.jp

If I may your folks have quite a bookshelf kind sir.

Me? This little bastards prevented me create a proper bookshelf, but man they are handy=)

2db5stw.jpg

I looked over this thread and started to take pictures of my shelves but came to the conclusion that they were a complete mess. I spent the weekend cleaning my shelves and getting rid of all the pointless books that just took up space and neatly rearranged all the good stuff. Now I have perfectly nice shelves I’ve decided that instead of photographing them I’ll instead make a long list with no spacing whatsoever. Think of it as a wordsearch where all the answers are read from left to right following on from each other, then kiss your retinas goodbye. I’ve removed any ‘The’s from the start of any titles but kept them in the middles, any unimportant connecting words such as the, of and and are not capitalised but all the more important words mercifully are…

AlcatrazversusEvilLibrariansScrivenor’sBonesKnightsofCrystaliaShatteredLensRedDwarfBetterThanLifeBackward

sIncompetenceTruckersDiggersWingsStrataDarkSideoftheSunScienceoftheDiscworldGoodOmensSummerTreeWa

nderingFireDarkestRoadRaptureSentinelMageKusgiel’sDartArmoredEarthseaQuartetTalesfromEarthseaOtherWin

dGracelingFireBitterblueBesiegedExileSanctuaryAbhorsenChroniclesPlayingforKeepsAlloyofLawLegion&Emporer’

sSoulMistbornAdventureGameRithmatistElantrisFinalEmpireWellofAscensionHeroofAgesWarbreakerWayofShadow

sShadow’sEdgeBeyondtheShadowsLyra’sOxfordWheelofTimethey’reallthereIcan’tbebotheredtypingthemall,thenam

esareallveryforgetableanywayImeanseriouslytherearemaybethreethathelpyounarrowdowntheeventstherein,therest

aregenericrubbishBlackPrismPrinceofThornsKingofThornsNameoftheWindWiseMan’sFearHarryPotterandthePhilos

opher’s(notSorceror’s)Stone/ChamberofSecretsPrisonerofAzkabanGobletofFireOrderofthePhoenixHalfBloodPrince

DeathlyHallowsNiorthernLightsSubtleKnifeAmberSpyglassMagician’sGuildNoviceHighLordMagician’sApprenticeAmb

assador’sMissionRogueMeaningofLiffDeeperMeaningofLiffReturnoftheBunnySuicidesDresdenFilesagainIcan’tbebo

theredtypingthemallbutatleasttheseonesallhavegoodnames,I’mincludingSideJobstooWayofKingsx2Hitchhiker’sGuid

etotheGalaxyPoisonStudyMagicStudyFireStudyStormGlassSeaGlasslastbookwastoosquickyforme,tiredofauthorfrom

thispointonSwordofShannaraElfstonesofShannaraWishsongofShannaraEncyclopediaofFantasy1996(reallyneedsne

weditionbynow)Fish&SpidersSimon’sCatinKittenChaosversustheWorldLastHeroCompleteCalvinandHobbesC&HTent

hAnniversaryBookC&HSundayPages1985to1995CreativeChocolateGirlGeniusNemiNemiIIUltimateEncyclopediaofFa

ntasyalltheTerryPratchettsfromJingotopresentinhardbackalltheonesbeforethenwereactuallymysister’sthatjustleaves

afewmoreShannarabooksfromthetalismanseriesTheseareallmypulpbooks(exceptanyonloan),someofwhicharealsoon

mykindle,buttherearealsosomebooksonlyinkindleformatthatarequitegoodhoweverI’llnotgointothemnowIsupposeIcoul

dmakealistofvideogamestoobutI’vegotover200ofthosethingsIthink,InevergetridofagameIlike.

Are your eyes bleeding yet? (or did you quit on the second line/)

I envy this ^^ collection. And yes. It is amazing. And not just the Brandon stuff. The first time I walked into their apartment, my reaction was "Holy. Crap! Books. I want." Seriously. I couldn't speak. I could hardly form thought in my head. All I could do was ogle. So ogle I did.

And no, I'm not being facetious.

Wait. you've seen this collection firsthand?!

So do like half of you all secretly know eachother in real life?

Ok, this is like 1/4 of all the books in my apartment but this bookcase is completely mine. It still has some of my childhood books, since I can't find another place for them. Other than that, lots of books in Russian, some of my favourite genre fiction in English and various knick-knacks that ended there "temporarily" during renovations some four years ago.

7R1fRpE.jpg?1

Wait. you've seen this collection firsthand?!

So do like half of you all secretly know eachother in real life?

Yes, I have. I used to live in Idaho but I moved to Utah last summer. I meet Mi'ch/RainbowRose for the first time in real life then, although I'd known her online for about 4-5 years. I also met Josh/Rubix then as well. And we regularly do games and go to signings and stuff. Outside of those 2 and some select others, I haven't met anyone else.

Well, here is one of them, the one with most of my "entertainment literature". got buisness stuff elsewhere.

The way of king is in there, as is most of the wheel of time, but the rest of Brandons books are mostly lent away;)

Those two on that pic is almost exclusively fantasy, there are maybe 10 or so thats other genres thats been presents, and one or a few dictionaries;)

post-1497-0-52594100-1391801030_thumb.jp

Edited by dyring

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alas I no longer have my bookshelves. I have a kindle now. I love my kindle, and I am somewhat of a tree hugger I suppose, though sometimes I miss my bookshelves and my books.

When I got my kindle, I donated all of my physical books to good causes. I had quite a lot of them.