Show us yer bookcases

Joe ST

It's that kinda time when I think of some wacky idea for the boards.

All you need to do is take a picture of your books, whether they be on shelves, in piles, or propping open windows. As long as they're not on fire, take pictures of them and share with us your collection so we may wallow in jealousy at your awesome tomes.

And yes, I will find time to take pictures of my own meagre shelves, if only I had a camera.

2JyOVjF.jpg

This is awsome sauce. I love the extended editions, (I think that my parents and I should have known I wanted to go into special effects when I demanded the extended editions for all the extra footage.)

My bookshelf at college is sadly lacking (there are ten books on it tops.) and dominated by my alter.

Love this idea! Unfortunately my bookshelf that contains all my good books is 3 hours away at my parents house. My bookshelf out here at school only has nursing textbooks (i'm relegated to audiobooks and ebooks out here). I'll take a picture of it when I go home in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes yes it is. My fiancee kept that stuff right next to the bed, which you can see the corner of in the right side of the picture. 

Also included:

1 Plushie Christmas piggy from Angry Birds

2 Hourglasses that run upward

1 Razer mouse

1 Teemo Hat

1 Gift box containing 2 bowls from our Japanese exchange student

1 Tin Whistle (for music and stuffs)

And various other pieces of junk. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And here is mine:

That's most of my books. But not all. It's also most of my movies. But not all. You might not be able to see some of the books behind some of the knick-knacks/statues/pictures. Sorry about that. I don't have much in the way of flat surfaces in my room. Make do with what I got.

I like a lot of your books.  You have good taste.

Also, Josh and I have too many bookshelves to take a picture of each of them.  (Seriously.  We have four that I can see just where I'm sitting.  Six if I move a little bit.  And those are just in the front area of the apartment.)

However, considering what site this is, we figured we'd show you the "good stuff":

bookshelf1.jpg

bookshelf3.jpg

bookshelf2.jpg

I envy this ^^ collection. And yes. It is amazing. And not just the Brandon stuff. The first time I walked into their apartment, my reaction was "Holy. Crap! Books. I want." Seriously. I couldn't speak. I could hardly form thought in my head. All I could do was ogle. So ogle I did.

And no, I'm not being facetious.

You guys have a British hardcover for the way of kings? Those are really rare! I had to track one down through ebay. 

...why do you have 5 copies of the way of kings between you? I mean, its awesome, but I didn't realise it was that awesome...

Because Josh had decided he's going to collect them.

...also, we have 8 copies.  Our release party copies (1 and 2), Josh has a second hardback copy number 1337 (which is part of another collection.  All of his number books are that number).  We each have our own paperback copies (so we aren't destroying our super nice numbered copies), and then Josh has an ARC and his British copy, and the Thai edition (you can see it next to the Elantris audiobooks. in the third picture.)

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of King books (dark Tower and affiliated works) and then of course the Wheel of Time.
Need to save up some money then I'll pick up Mistborn and start collecting Stormlight Archive as they come out.

Edit: just realized I'm still missing my 5 Song of Ice and Fire books... I need to get those back soon. Almost time for a reread.

post-7199-0-64622300-1377290014_thumb.jp

Edited by Gamma Fiend

• 5 months later...

xABczOr.jpg  hr3gyMG.jpg

Well these are my bookshelves although around a quarter of my books are missing, that are sprawled or lost somewhere in the house. 

And by the way the dragon guards my books from sticky fingered people.

Edited by Leonardus