Mistborn Dice

BlairJ

I know many of you have them, but they are obviously no longer available and I would like to obtain a set. I am of course discussing the Mistborn Dice that were once created by Crafty Games (publisher for Mistborn Adventure Game).

I recently reached out to Peter to see if there was any way to obtain them, and he of course directed me to Crafty Games. They sent me the following tweet this morning:

siFQj2Y.png

With that tweet in mind, who would be interested in creating "demand" for these dice? I am sure we could do a number of things, such as create a petition, convince them to do a preorder trial (this entails them taking preorders and once they have enough, they create the dice and send them out).

I personally would like to have a set or two and I am certain that I am not the only one that did not get them in the early batch. To give you an idea of what they look like, see the picture below:

Premium_Set_1.jpg

It would be a fair amount of work to set up, but I imagine that Crafty could probably start a Kickstarter on this, to get real commitments before they start spending money. If you're in contact with them, it might be worth it to suggest that, Blair.

It would be a fair amount of work to set up, but I imagine that Crafty could probably start a Kickstarter on this, to get real commitments before they start spending money. If you're in contact with them, it might be worth it to suggest that, Blair.

Now you are thinking how I am thinking. I sent them a tweet on this earlier today in fact. I would say great minds....

but yours is probably greater than mine.

Anyways, we will see what they say.

Now you are thinking how I am thinking. I sent them a tweet on this earlier today in fact. I would say great minds....

but yours is probably greater than mine.

Anyways, we will see what they say.

Indeed it appears that we do think alike. If I'm "greater" in any sense, it's in that I devote too much time to this stuff. I subscribe to a "Black Company" philosophy of magic theorizing: you need both time and power to get anything done, but the proportions of each is variable.

I await their answer. In future communication, be sure to emphasize that you don't have any guaranteed demand yet; also any Kickstarter would almost certainly be entirely run by Crafty. Some Sharders may contribute, but we don't have the infrastructure, capital, or drive to co-sponsor a project.

Edited by Kurkistan

Indeed it appears that we do think alike. If I'm "greater" in any sense, it's in that I devote too much time to this stuff. I subscribe to a "Black Company" philosophy of magic theorizing: you need both time and power to get anything done, but the proportions of each is up to you.

I await their answer. In future communication, be sure to emphasize that you don't have any guaranteed demand yet; also any Kickstarter would almost certainly be entirely run by Crafty. Some Sharders may contribute, but we don't have the infrastructure, capital, or drive to co-sponsor a project.

Of course.

Doesn't have to be that at all.  I just mentioned that we would like to bring the dice back and maybe partnering up with Crafty Games to do it.  This was the response that they gave.  We could do something different if you have something in mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably best to subscribe to the post, and make sure you're set up for email notifications.

Alternatively, stick around and join the discussions! If you're interested in the Cosmere at large, or a specific series such as mistborn, or even if you want to join the rp boards :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...