Author Brandon plugged at the end of Mistborn 2?

firehead257

There was a sample chapter of a book that sounded really cool that was included with The Well of Ascenscion. I rooted my Kindle and for some reason or another it won't read the second book, just 1 and 3. Anyway, does anyone know the name of the book or author?

It was something about some guys coming back out of the desert having lost all but 3 members of the crew all to retrieve some books that hold the key to some kind of magic or power or something. Sorry I read it a while ago.

I have tried every kind of search I can think of on google and these forums and I keep coming up empty.

Thanks and sorry this is my first post I didn't know where else to turn!

Daniel Abraham is great.

His The Dagger and the Coin series is one of my current favorite epic fantasies running. There are two out and the third one comes out in May. He's fast, too. The first book came out less than two years ago and he's had several other series running concurrently.

First book is called The Dragon's Path and is very good. The world is semi-medieval, but it's one where humans and the other sentient races were all created by Dragons, who are now dead/gone/sleeping (i forget). There's a lot of character and politics and war and, more uniquely, medieval banking. Which, as it turns out, is very important.

• 3 weeks later...

As Peter stated, Abraham also co-authors a sci-fi series with George RR Martins assistant Ty Franck. They use the pen name 'James SA Corey'. I believe Leviathan Wakes and Calabans war have both been nominated for Hugos. Calaban's War has my favorite sci-fi heroine. She is a grandmother, married, Indian, and swares like a sailor. She can go from cursing out government bureacrats to playing with her grand children on a dime.

Abraham and Franck really compliment each other well. They break the writing up by viewpoint characters. Abraham's greatest strength is writing regular people and making them interesting. All of his characters are every man characters. Franck writes more eccentric and wild characters. It works very well.

Abraham's fantasy books are pretty different from other other fantasy books. His characters are people that are easy to identify with. They seem like people you could meet in real life.