Cosmere Heroes

Who is your hero in the Cosmere(published)? Which character from the Cosmere(published) would you like to meet most?

(evenifyoucouldn'tmanipulatesuchameetingtostealorgainpowersoritemscausethat'scheating :P)

I would want to meet Lightsong. He is hilarious and I think we would get along. I'd help him plan out some pranks to pull on his priest and learn from his sarcastic sense of humor.

Who is your hero in the Cosmere(published)? Which character from the Cosmere(published) would you like to meet most?

(evenifyoucouldn'tmanipulatesuchameetingtostealorgainpowersoritemscausethat'scheating :P)

I would want to meet Lightsong. He is hilarious and I think we would get along. I'd help him plan out some pranks to pull on his priest and learn from his sarcastic sense of humor.

I'd probably go for Kaladin.

Well... I would say Kaladin. I know he's the stereotypical "hero with a dark past" but something about him just clicks with me. I also like how he is a Windrunner, and protects the people around him. He has power, and I was raised to believe that the powerful should protect and serve the weak, not themselves.

Lightsong is definitely a contender here. So is Blushweaver, though for, ahem, entirely different reasons... Kaladin, surprisingly now that I think about it, wouldn't be as interesting to me as some of the others. I love him as a character, but he doesn't strike me as the best of conversationalists. Syl, on the other hand, would be pure gold to hang out with. Shallan would be just as fun, I think, but I fear I am letting my romantic bias enter the picture here.

The winner, however, is Raoden for me. It may be because I read Elantris first, or because he is kind of a nerd, but he's always had a special place in my heart. 

This is all assuming Hoid is not a valid answer. If he is, then Hoid.

TLR on both points, he did his best to save the world even when it ended up vilifying him for it, he had to torment his own people and in the end he wasn't even a martyr. Also he was completely nuts and insane people are fun to talk to.

TLR on both points, he did his best to save the world even when it ended up vilifying him for it, he had to torment his own people and in the end he wasn't even a martyr. Also he was completely nuts and insane people are fun to talk to.

Interesting left-field answer  :unsure:  :)

Personally I'd love to talk to Jasnah or Shallan. Brilliant, cutting-edge scholars? Count me in!

Come to think of it, that makes me want to meet the ardent couple from the WoK  interlude. They seemed like really nice people who'd also be fascinating to talk to ...

He is the hero Scadrial needs. But not the one it deserves.

I think if he'd tried, he could have found a way to save the world that didn't involve keeping an entire race of people in a miserable hell hole for a thousand years. We don't even see a hint of him trying to better the condition of the skaa--in fact, his edicts over the centuries only made things worse for them.

I get why he did what he did, but regardless of what people keep saying around here, he was no hero. He's as much a hero as I'd be if I stopped a fire by tossing kittens on top of it until their charred remains smothered it.

That's the way I feel about it, anyway. :)

Edited by Kobold King

I think if he'd tried, he could have found a way to save the world that didn't involve keeping an entire race of people in a miserable hell hole for a thousand years. We don't even see a hint of him trying to better the condition of the skaa--in fact, his edicts over the centuries only made things worse for them.

I get why he did what he did, but regardless of what people keep saying around here, he was no hero. He's as much a hero as I'd be if I stopped a fire by tossing kittens on top of it until their charred remains smothered it.

That's the way I feel about it, anyway. :)

Getting mindraped for 1000 years does that to a person.

Getting mindraped for 1000 years does that to a person.

Mistborn spoilers:

He wouldn't have been in that position in the first place if he hadn't committed a racially motivated murder and attempted to seize power for himself. ;)

I can sympathize with the guy--having a dark god of destruction whispering in your ear for a thousand years has got to mess with your head a bit--but let us not forget that he was a terrible human being who brought it all on himself. Personally, I find even Zane to be a more sympathetic character than ol' Rashek.

Mistborn spoilers:

He wouldn't have been in that position in the first place if he hadn't committed a racially motivated murder and attempted to seize power for himself. ;)

I can sympathize with the guy--having a dark god of destruction whispering in your ear for a thousand years has got to mess with your head a bit--but let us not forget that he was a terrible human being who brought it all on himself. Personally, I find even Zane to be a more sympathetic character than ol' Rashek.

<Zane fanboy

Mistborn spoilers:

Well he really didn't want to risk the birth of a natural-born compounder. Ought not to be giving people the tools to accidentally undermine the whole plan. T'was a very effective plan from what we can tell up until it failed due to Vin. And then the setup he had as a fallback plan still works like a charm.

He's really more interested in finding the most efficient way of preventing the apocalypse which would just outright kill everyone than actually giving a damnation about human lives directly. He figured it was them being miserable to secure his position of godhood, or screw up and let Ruin out.

Like I said, someone needed to do it, but nobody had to like him for it. Nobody really liked any of the meddling Sazed did either (friends aside) and look where that got them.

Nah, we should totally all meet Zane.  B) It's clearly the best possible idea in all possible possibilities.

/thread

...More seriously, I think I'd like to meet Sazed, or maybe early Elend. Someone who likes to learn, so we can talk about our worlds and compare them, and look at things that don't seem to change no matter where you are and why they don't, and speculate on whether they're fundamental laws of the multiverse or just coincidence, and stuff like that.  ^_^

damnation. I want to say Rysn, since she's one of my favorites, but I doubt shed be that interested in meeting me.

But...I have to go with Vasher. Centuries old, so he must have an interesting life and seen some awesome stuff.

(And as for heroes... I think Vivenna is one of the cosmeres best.)

• Chaos locked this topic