One of my favorite things about this RP is that you can tell that everyone's writing has been influenced by Brandon Sanderson to some degree.

I enjoy seeing this effect in the Mistborn RP as well.  I think its heightened, since we all have his influence in common, and react of each other, but it is an interesting element to look at.  

She'd probably morph into this, and then make some comment about letting him finish, but insisting that she is the best Shapeshifter of all time.  

taylor-swifts-jam-for-ed-sheeran.jpg

With Insight, I was thinking there was some sort of cognitive thing going on, where he could pass through the earth if he wanted,  but as long as he thinks of things as solid, he can still sit on chairs, or walk on the ground, even if he can't move or affect them in any way.  I might end with doing some combination of this with zero gravity.  I might also separate his 'coginitive space' power, which is rather complex, into two or three more easily defined powers.  I'll keep you posted, haha.  

I love Taylor :')

ah, fair enough.

AMAZING post Kobold. Absolutely fantastic. Had me actually "Oh-ho-ho!"ing out loud. :D

Thanks. I was going for that effect. :D  Did I get Reader's facial reactions right--the glimmer of alarm and the livid expression on his face by the end, namely?

Edited by Kobold King

Thanks. I was going for that effect. :D  Did I get Reader's facial reactions right--the glimmer of alarm and the livid expression on his face by the end, namel?

Yep, pretty much. And now I have to decide what Reader's going to say to him next. It will definitely include him calling him "Arsey" and blaming the nickname on Scribbler.  :mellow:

Yep, pretty much. And now I have to decide what Reader's going to say to him next. It will definitely include him calling him "Arsey" and blaming the nickname on Scribbler.  :mellow:

Because despite the wine-drinking and the suit-wearing and the good vocabulary, Reader is actually a four-year-old in disguise. -_-

Because despite the wine-drinking and the suit-wearing and the good vocabulary, Reader is actually a four-year-old in disguise. -_-

Four-and-a-half, thank you very much!  :P

I'm now looking forward to a scene where Reader eats crayons when he thinks no one's looking. Pray you don't disappoint me, mail-mi. :P

I'm now looking forward to a scene where Reader eats crayons when he thinks no one's looking. Pray you don't disappoint me, mail-mi. :P

Confession time: When I was four, I completed some Christmas-related crafts with my Sunday School class. It wasn't anything fancy; just making little angels out of paper plates and assorted decorations. One of those decorations was four different colors of glue. Pink, blue, green, and yellow. All of them pale, all of them bearing a resemblance to frosting. 

It was this resemblance that made me taste the pink glue, thinking it would taste like strawberries. Unfortunately, it did not. It tasted like glue. 

Surely, I thought, the yellow glue must taste better! So I tasted it. 

It did not taste better. 

Green? Tasted like glue. 

Blue? Also like glue. 

I don't know why it took me so long to catch on. Maybe it was the undeveloped part of my four-year-old brain that believed if something looked like another thing, it must also taste like that other thing. Or perhaps I just couldn't believe that any Sunday School teacher would put out something that frosting-like and not have it taste like frosting. What kind of church was this, anyway? One where Sunday School teachers lied to four-year-olds by making glue look like frosting? 

If Reader is to eat anything that is not food, I think it should be glue. :ph34r:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I was going to go with hemlock but I suppose Reader eating glue too.

Hemlock-flavored glue? Or glue-flavored hemlock? :P

Have you read the latest Arsenal post, by the way? It wasn't until after I posted it that I remembered you saying something about Lucy changing his socks back, so I'm a little anxious to know whether I should change the ending.

So, is anyone more aware of Frequency's intentions than I am? Because I just had my only character willingly join forces with a superpowered whistler that claims to be allied with an Epic that has about a 99.9999999999999999999999999% chance of being dead. And I have no idea what he's planning to do.  :blink:

Hemlock-flavored glue? Or glue-flavored hemlock? :P

Have you read the latest Arsenal post, by the way? It wasn't until after I posted it that I remembered you saying something about Lucy changing his socks back, so I'm a little anxious to know whether I should change the ending.

She could have but it could be in character for her to leave them, there's no much point changing them if Arsenal never noticed. Plus it gives her an excuse for some revenge pranks on Reader for letting him know.

She could have but it could be in character for her to leave them, there's no much point changing them if Arsenal never noticed. Plus it gives her an excuse for some revenge pranks on Reader for letting him know.

Like tricking him into eating a glue sandwich, by any chance? :P

My next priorities will be Backtrack, Glamour, and Vondra, so hopefully I'll get them up tomorrow.

Like tricking him into eating a glue sandwich, by any chance? :P

My next priorities will be Backtrack, Glamour, and Vondra, so hopefully I'll get them up tomorrow.

With our four-and-a-half year old Reader, I think all she'd need to do is say "Hey, Reader, betcha can't eat this glue as fast as I can cause you're LAAAAMMME!" <_<

Sweet.

With our four-and-a-half year old Reader, I think all she'd need to do is say "Hey, Reader, betcha can't eat this glue as fast as I can cause you're LAAAAMMME!" <_<

Sweet.

This kind of makes me want to see a version of The Dalles set in a kindergarten. With a grumpy six year-old Arsenal, a Reader who continuously stuffs his face with glue, a Scribbler who scribbles on the wall with crayons, a Deathwish who's terrified of cooties... you know, this could be a big hit. :P

This kind of makes me want to see a version of The Dalles set in a kindergarten. With a grumpy six year-old Arsenal, a Reader who continuously stuffs his face with glue, a Scribbler who scribbles on the wall with crayons, a Deathwish who's terrified of cooties... you know, this could be a big hit. :P

Rather than "Let's have a chat," Reader's catchphrase could be "I'M TELLING!" Yeah, I can see this working. :P

Rather than "Let's have a chat," Reader's catchphrase could be "I'M TELLING!" Yeah, I can see this working. :P

And Backtrack's kindergarten catchphrase would be... well, basically just sobbing his eyes out and calling his mommy. So basically the same as it is now. :P

So......is it morning now?

Not just yet. There are still a few scenes that need to be wrapped up, namely the clinic and Vondra's HQ.

And Backtrack's kindergarten catchphrase would be... well, basically just sobbing his eyes out and calling his mommy. So basically the same as it is now. :P

Not just yet. There are still a few scenes that need to be wrapped up, namely the clinic and Vondra's HQ.

Would Frequency whistle really loudly in other students' ears while Koschei put a paper plate on his head and declared himself King of the playground? :P

And then we get to see Vapor Snake ignore Deathwish in favor of donuts. :ph34r:

Okay, thanks. Still trying to figure things out around here, lol

Would Frequency whistle really loudly in other students' ears while Koschei put a paper plate on his head and declared himself King of the playground? :P

And then we get to see Vapor Snake ignore Deathwish in favor of donuts. :ph34r:

Yes. And the extent of Canis' creepiness would be spirited bouts of "I'm not touching you, you can't do anything." :P

Would child!MV secretly pass this note to Backtrack? :P

16acf3c6-aff0-4a78-98cb-101441dd6736.png

Yes. And the extent of Canis' creepiness would be spirited bouts of "I'm not touching you, you can't do anything." :P

Would child!MV secretly pass this note to Backtrack? :P

16acf3c6-aff0-4a78-98cb-101441dd6736.png

And child!Remington pushes child!Koschei off the swingset so other kids can have a turn. :P

Ah, someone has watched a bit further, I see. :ph34r: