*Insert Self-Aware Introduction Here*

Adamir

Someone beat me to Insert Original Title Here... and to *introduces self*. Someone probably already did *Insert Self-Aware Introduction Here*, but I wasted my creativity on theories that I just searched to find out someone else already posted. Who knows, someone might post something with that title while I'm still typing this.

Read everything vaguely Sanderson except Alcatraz and Words of Radiance (currently still in the post). The average lifetime for a Sanderson book anywhere near me is around three days, a week for the Way of Kings (is he trying to compete with Robert Jordan?). Deliberately avoiding the Cosmere Theories and Stormlight Archive sections of the forum, mostly because, if I see a spoiler tag, I want to click it, never mind the consequences. Spoiler tags and me are like putting a big red button with 'launch nukes' written on it in front of a three year old. What do you think is going to happen?

I was going to add a self-aware joke based on my previous statement starting with (Character) death and resurrection from Words of Radiance without using spoiler tags, spoiled to me by the forum, but I have no idea what the spoiler policy is for this section. I would have probably put something along the lines of 'if I put spoiler tags, you would have clicked on them. At least this way, your eyes might glance past without fully registering'. But now, by my removal of the name, you are feeling curious... yes... listen to my voice, just watch me sway this watch back and forth... you are feeling very sleepy... look up the character death, without being able to blame me for it being spoiled...

Also, note to admins: There is a spambot loose in General Brandon Discussion.

Edited by Adamir

Please accept my apologies for time-travel-telepathically-kidnapping one of your candidate thread titles right out of your mind.  :lol:

Hmm... You look like an INTP.  :P That compulsive curiosity is unmistakable.

So, do you have a favourite Sanderson book? How about a favourite character?

(Don't worry about the spambots - you can just go to their user profile and report them using the button in the bottom right-hand corner. They get taken down as soon as we have a mod online.)

Please accept my apologies for time-travel-telepathically-kidnapping one of your candidate thread titles right out of your mind.  :lol:

So, do you have a favourite Sanderson book? How about a favourite character?

(Don't worry about the spambots - you can just go to their user profile and report them using the button in the bottom right-hand corner. They get taken down as soon as we have a mod online.)

*Insert witty response here*

I just did a google search after writing that line... apparently 866.000 other people have used *Insert witty response here*. Time travel telepathic theft is getting out of control.

In books, definitely The Final Empire. The best structured of the ones I've read so far, with the best overall pacing; and, unlike the Well of Ascension, active main characters instead of reactive (they actually do things for their own reasons, rather than just reacting to things other characters do). The Way of Kings is a close second, though I've never really been much of a fan of books that someone could break my bones with. It had the same amount of plot as The Final Empire, but spread twice as thin, although the characterization partly makes up for it.

In characters... I'm going to sound incredibly generic here, but I'll say Kelsier, for being a morally complex protagonist without becoming an antihero; he clearly had good intentions, but some of his methods were... over-doing it. Followed by Hrathen from Elantris, a suitably complex villain. Actually, that got me thinking... Didn't Hrathen do the exact same thing Kelsier was planning (Murder all the aristocracy) in Duladel? Then followed by Shallan.

Edited by Adamir

Oops, I did it agaiiin! Sorry, the community of ideas is funny sometimes :lol:

As I said in my previous post, time travel telepathic theft  (apologies, I'm aiming to annul this alliteration) is becoming a real issue. As judge, jury and executioner, your sentence is to sit around feeling guilty for abusing time travel. Then again, no hard feelings; if I had access to a time machine and a brain as brilliant as mine, I'd probably steal my ideas too.

Edited by Adamir

In characters... I'm going to sound incredibly generic here, but I'll say Kelsier, for being a morally complex protagonist without becoming an antihero; he clearly had good intentions, but some of his methods were... over-doing it. Followed by Hrathen from Elantris, a suitably complex villain. Actually, that got me thinking... Didn't Hrathen do the exact same thing Kelsier was planning (Murder all the aristocracy) in Duladel? Then followed by Shallan.

Ah, good old Kell, our somewhat worrying hero. I'm always a little wary of charismatic extremist characters, so maybe I didn't get quite as attached to him as most readers did. He certainly strikes an effective image, though. It's actually kind of amusing to me how he continued to be, functionally speaking, a main character through the entire trilogy.

May I suggest using the technical(-sounding) term of Temporally Distortive Infringement of Psychic Property to describe our recent predicament?  :lol:

Ah, good old Kell, our somewhat worrying hero. I'm always a little wary of charismatic extremist characters, so maybe I didn't get quite as attached to him as most readers did. He certainly strikes an effective image, though. It's actually kind of amusing to me how he continued to be, functionally speaking, a main character through the entire trilogy.

May I suggest using the technical(-sounding) term of Temporally Distortive Infringement of Psychic Property to describe our recent predicament?  :lol:

I can't make any jokes about alliterations using Temporally Distortive Infringement of Psychic Property, but I can't have everything in life. :)

Edited by Adamir

I can't make any jokes about alliterations using Temporally Distortive Infringement of Psychic Property, but I can't have everything in life.

An alternative proposal, then - Timetwisting Unconsented Procurement through Psychic Extraction of Random Words And Readymade Expressions? In other words, T.U.P.P.E.R.W.A.R.E.  :P

An alternative proposal, then - Timetwisting Unconsented Procurement through Psychic Extraction of Random Words And Readymade Expressions? In other words, T.U.P.P.E.R.W.A.R.E.  :P

I have physically run out of upvotes to give at this point. Rather than reply instantaneously to every post on this topic, I'll head off for a while until I'm allowed to upvote people again. :P

Edited by Adamir

I have physically run out of upvotes to give at this point. Rather than reply instantaneously to every post on this topic, I'll head off for a while until I'm allowed to upvote people again. :P

My, I do apologise for having inadvertently caused this upvote shortage.  ;) Worry not! We will assign more prisoners to the Upvote Mines immediately.

Hah, your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me! I've already read Words of Radiance!

Anyway, welcome. So far as spoilers are concerned, its best to either avoid spoilers, or at least put them in spoiler tags, since not everyone who joins up will have read everything.

Hope you enjoy Words of Radiance when you get it!

If you don't mind me asking, Colours, what personality type are you? I'm fascinated with them myself.

Eventually, someone is going to post some meta-thread title. There are so many like *introduces self*.

If you don't mind me asking, Colours, what personality type are you? I'm fascinated with them myself.

Eventually, someone is going to post some meta-thread title. There are so many like *introduces self*.

Oh, I'm an INTP myself.

NTs in general are pretty distinctive, and you know the I part from the living-on-the-internet and the P part from the help-I-can't-not-read-the-spoiler.  ;)

How about you?

Intro section needs more meta. I vote for "Non-meta Intro Thread Title (wait, whoops)".  :lol:

Oh, I'm an INTP myself.

NTs in general are pretty distinctive, and you know the I part from the living-on-the-internet and the P part from the help-I-can't-not-read-the-spoiler.  ;)

How about you?

Intro section needs more meta. I vote for "Non-meta Intro Thread Title (wait, whoops)".  :lol:

I'm a strong ENTJ. My enneagram type (if you know what that is) is 8 with a 7 wing.

Good idea. Now if we can only PM that to the next new person to join before they post their topic...:lol:

I'm a strong ENTJ. My enneagram type (if you know what that is) is 8 with a 7 wing.

Good idea. Now if we can only PM that to the next new person to join before they post their topic... :lol:

Everyone, watch out! This guy is going to take over the world someday. It is all but guaranteed.

I pre-emptively dub thee the Lord Measuring Tape!  :lol:

My enneagram is 5, no wing - at least, it was, the last time I checked. Or maybe it was "balanced wings", or something like that.

What with all the T.U.P.P.E.R.W.A.R.E. going on, I'm surprised that someone hasn't already. Could it be that our finely-crafted theory with such strong and representative evidence behind it is... the tiniest bit mistaken?  :ph34r:

Everyone, watch out! This guy is going to take over the world someday. It is all but guaranteed.

I pre-emptively dub thee the Lord Measuring Tape!  :lol:

My enneagram is 5, no wing - at least, it was, the last time I checked. Or maybe it was "balanced wings", or something like that.

What with all the T.U.P.P.E.R.W.A.R.E. going on, I'm surprised that someone hasn't already. Could it be that our finely-crafted theory with such strong and representative evidence behind it is... the tiniest bit mistaken?  :ph34r:

Hmmm, I might take that title. Actually, yes, taking the world over is my ambition. I plan to go into politics someday and work my way up.

It would be somewhat weird, yes, for a PM to show up in someone's box that says something to the effect of, "You must name your first topic title x?"

Hmmm, I might take that title. Actually, yes, taking the world over is my ambition. I plan to go into politics someday and work my way up.

It would be somewhat weird, yes, for a PM to show up in someone's box that says something to the effect of, "You must name your first topic title x?"

Then I shall pre-emptively bow down to you.  ^_^ This humble INTP will work for your glory in exchange for internet access and cat pictures!

Oh, it all depends on the presentation.  ;) I say that we greet the newcomer with warmth, present them with this kind and wise recommendation, and assure them very sincerely that there are no conspiracies involved whatsoever, in any way, shape, or form.  :lol:

Then I shall pre-emptively bow down to you.  ^_^ This humble INTP will work for your glory in exchange for internet access and cat pictures!

Oh, it all depends on the presentation.  ;) I say that we greet the newcomer with warmth, present them with this kind and wise recommendation, and assure them very sincerely that there are no conspiracies involved whatsoever, in any way, shape, or form.  :lol:

Would you like to do the honors?

The target is: Jonno

Then I shall pre-emptively bow down to you. ^_^ This humble INTP will work for your glory in exchange for internet access and cat pictures!

Oh, it all depends on the presentation. ;) I say that we greet the newcomer with warmth, present them with this kind and wise recommendation, and assure them very sincerely that there are no conspiracies involved whatsoever, in any way, shape, or form. :lol:

Cookies may also be.....persuasive.