I Hate Dragons

Chaos

That short story Brandon posted for the dialogue exercise was pretty dang funny. "You're making Mother Nature cry." That dragon was awesome. Of course, it's a little forced, but it's a writing exercise, so that's not surprising.

I don't know of a story where a dragon commits suicide...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He's definitely done a bit of worldbuilding since we last saw that story.

I dunno how I feel about it. I mean, I feel like it's kind a build up to a bigger story, and I'm not sure I want him working on that at the moment :).

Yes, I've been rereading the WoT recently. Why do you ask?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

DEFINITELY a bit of worldbuilding since we last saw it. I'm intrigued as to what the dawnfaces and sixthfaces(?) are referring to. And what's Skip's third knack!? Cliffhanger?! NOOOOOOOO!

Goshdangit, Brandon, why must you right so many things I want more of at the same time! I can't decide what I want more of!

Oh, the extended version is the one I read on timewastersguide. I was a bit confused about the knack thing as well, is there a 3rd unlisted one, or should we consider hearing punctuation and spelling as two different ones?

Theory: Skip is wrong about smelling delicious to dragons as a separate knack though. The dragons have to eat humans for their magic potential/ability, it's why animals won't satisfy them. Consider human magical ability to be for dragons as Vitamin C is for humans, it can't be synthesized by the body, but it's still necessary for survival. So basically, Skip has a lot of magic in him, whether it's an undiscovered or undeveloped ability, or whether the magic system in the world in heavily based off of speech, I'm not sure.

Would be interesting to read more of this if Brandon feels like writing more of it.

• 3 months later...

DEFINITELY a bit of worldbuilding since we last saw it. I'm intrigued as to what the dawnfaces and sixthfaces(?) are referring to.

This world is shaped like a cube. The faces are exactly that, the six sides of the world. It's mentioned somewhere in the dialogue with the sorceress.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...