How many parts does a shard gets splintered into when splintered?

So would they splinter into multiples sixteen or would they splinter into their respective numbers?

Or does do they just splinter into random numbers. Noticing a pattern with numbers I the cosmer, I didn't think it would be random.

Anyone have info for this?

I doubt it necessarily has anything to do with the number sixteen. Yes, that is the number of shards Adonalsium shattered into and the number of possible Mistings, etc. However, Honor is splintered into the Spren, and there are only ten types of what I like to call Surgespren, the ones you can bond to be able to use surges. So I don't think sixteen has anything to do with it.

Splintering can be voluntary or involuntary. A Shard could Splinter off a single piece, or a dozen, or more. Looking at purposeful Splintering (as in the Returned) is likely to be quite different than the forced Splintering (ie, killing of a Shard).

Knowing how many Seons there are, or were, would actually be very helpful in knowing if there is anything more going on.

The actual number probably has to do with the amount of power a Splinter can have before it's something more, but retaining enough that it is not something less, all while relative to the total amount of power available to a Shard.

(Note: there is no terms for "more" or "less" that I am aware of. I just think that there's always a more fine and precise way to measure something than using only centimeters, meters, and kilometers, even if those are the most commonly used and generally sufficient.)

What f the way sodium splinters is different that bow adolusium was splintered.

Forced/Violent vs Voluntary, so I feel there'd be a difference.

At the least, we can assume that Odium doesn't carefully parse the Splinters into perfectly equal fragments... which could actually mean that the number of Slivers is actually irrelevant, since Sliver 1 is 0.75% original power, Sliver 2 0.68%, Sliver 3 2.39%... and so on.

I doubt it necessarily has anything to do with the number sixteen. Yes, that is the number of shards Adonalsium shattered into and the number of possible Mistings, etc. However, Honor is splintered into the Spren, and there are only ten types of what I like to call Surgespren, the ones you can bond to be able to use surges. So I don't think sixteen has anything to do with it.

Each Shard seems to have an associated number (at least in theory). Preservation is 16 (or 2), Honor 10 (or 2 and 5), Endowment 5... I forget the rest, but there's a discussion forum about it if you're interested.

How do you change it?

If it's like other forums, try editing the first post in this topic (your original post). You should be able to change the title.

If not, we'll have to summon an admin/mod to do it. The best way to do that is to post lots and lots of swears :P

Each Shard seems to have an associated number (at least in theory). Preservation is 16 (or 2), Honor 10 (or 2 and 5), Endowment 5... I forget the rest, but there's a discussion forum about it if you're interested.

Could you give me a link or title to help me find it? It certainly sounds interesting. 

• Chaos locked this topic