"Everyone! Circle around! They're trying to flank us, we can't let them get to the Queen!" Winter yelled, her voice carrying.

As a wolf, she leapt towards Ven and burnt bendalloy once she landed in front of him. She changed to human as she landed.

The world slowed around them.

She stood, confident.

Winter pulled daggers out of their sheaths.

"I can't let you hurt her." Winter whispered. "Because I fight." Winter Compounded steel and rushed forward, daggers swinging from both hands. "I'm sorry."

(I'm Compounding steel too. We're also in a speed bubble)

"I can handle myself." Winter said as she dodged the blow. She saw the bolt hit Ven. Winter slashed him across his face as well.

Maybe I can free him with duralumin... She wondered. She had double of every metal, including duralumin and brass/zinc. "Someone Nicroburst me!" She burned duralumin and extuingished all other metals. She felt the power of Nicroburst rage into her, powering up the duralumin and then she burned zinc. The double enhanced metal yanked Ven under her control for a moment. She dropped the time bubble and sent him back towards Parshendi.

Listener felt its numbers drop.  It did not matter.

"Attack.  Kill the Queen and her minions," ordered Rayse.

"We will, Hateful One.  We will accomplish this," said Resolve, making its voice heard in all of Listener.

Listener surged towards the Queen with the exception of two hundred warpairs, who focused on the wolf.

"Really?" Winter said, amused. "400 hundred Parshendi, just for me?" Winter leapt into the fury, tossing aside Parshendi after Parshendi. But then she realized that they were keeping her distracted. Away from the Queen. Winter Pushed on a natural deposit of iron in the ground and leapt towards where the Queen was being overrun. She swept the Parshendi away from her, into the widening chasms.

Through it all The Stranger sold his refreshments. Men we're never hungrier for food when the meal could be their last, never thirstier for a drink than when they had permanently denied another that same chance. Besides the food, he had also sold quite a few Fatetwisters: devices that could potentially nudge one's destiny just enough to change small details. If you were lucky you could survive what would have been a fatal incident. If you were unlucky, well, death would be preferable. 

He made a killing. And quite a bit of money as well. 

He accepted all forms of payment: coin, sphere, heirloom, and eternal soul. He sold to human, parshendi, and other (That dragon had ordered alot of food, but the scale he had received was worth it.) The data gathered today was quite bountiful. Odium derived hemalurgy, certain character tendencies, individuals favorite snack cakes, it had been a productive day. Now he wanted to return to the Alleys and conduct experiments. But he couldn't leave the booth unmanned, there were still potential customers. What to do...

A voice in his head suggested he simply create a Replicate, and leave it to tend the booth. The stranger thought about it, then isolated the voice in his head and locked it in a box. Insanity was the most troublesome when it made sense. But Replicates were not a good idea, as they'd been more and more unstable lately. The last one had started a war that had slipped between dimensions and threatened to destroy the color spectrum completely, along with the concept of humming. It had been quite disastrous, but in the end color and humming were still around.

So instead  the Stranger left the booth under the supervision of an illusion, open to whichever acolyte wanted to manage it, grabbed the day's take, and created a paradox rift by multiplying by half of zero. He hopped through and headed back to the Alley.

There was Science to be done.

Rainspren glanced at his tiny new partner

Looks like the tides have turned in our favor. He smiled and pulled a metal bracelet from his roes, a tiny and detailed AonTia was engraved on it. "I sure hope this works" he whispered to himself "If not my engineering team is SOOO fired" 

Rainspren slipped on the bracelet and tapped the Aon, he was suddenly jumped a couple meters into the air.

He laughed as he zipped across the sky.

Listener threw twenty thousand spears at the man, but somehow, he managed to dodge all of them.  Listener felt the man destroy a warpair.

"Allow me to disable him," offered Rayse, speaking using the rhythm of Destruction.

Rayse attacked Ruin and Preservation.  He his goal was not to actually hurt them; he just needed to distract them for long enough.

Listener watched the man's foresight fade away.  Again, it threw twenty thousand spears.  This time, each one found its mark.

"Good job,", Rayse said to Praise.

"Thank you," said Appreciation.

Kipper stepped onto the field. Blood. How did this happen? Blood everywhere. Do they realize the ultimate pointlessness of all this?

Under the burning sun, bodies were caked with black, already coagulated blood. The stench of battle filled the air. Kipper inhaled deeply and sighed, a smile beginning to creep across his face.

I feel it calling,

Outside my window,

I feel it in my soul,

Kipper's pace sped up as he moved toward the battle.

I say we lose control...

He laughed, richly and with feeling, breath quickening as he drew closer to the carnage. Kipper's whole body began to tingle with anticipation.

Edited by Kipper

Good point.  However, Rayse has hurt both Ruin and Preservation.

- - -

Rayse was not happy with how the battle was turning out.

I don't care if anyone wins, so no one will win.

Listener hated Listener.  Listener hated Rayse.  Listener hated Listener.

- - -

Lady Eris hated Winter.  Lady Eris hated the Queen.  Lady Eris hated Kipper.

- - -

The warriors no longer cared what side they fought for, and proceeded to attack everyone nearby with a vehement hatred.

Kipper neared the center of the battle and slowed to a halt. It was beautiful, all of it.

A Parshendi threw back his head and yelled wordlessly, red ribbons of blood springing from his neck and gleaming in the afternoon sun. The lifeblood seemed to hang in the air for an eternity, twisting and spinning. Three Alethi converged on the Parshendi and stabbed at him, ripping jewels out of his beard as he fell.

Under a rock outcropping, a man huddled in fear, quivering and babbling to himself. "Why me," he asked the sky, "Why me?"

Kipper was overcome with the fantastic gloriousness of it all. He shook with the burden of gladness that he carried. Then he shook it off. Ruin affected even me. That doesn't happen. Kipper's vision turned red. Ruin, I will find you. And I will kill you.

Who is in charge of the "good side?"