Unfinished Secret

masaru

What a tease that man is. I am going to go out on a limb and say that it is either a. what it sounds like: something secret he has never mentioned before or b. (since it is somewhat unlikely he has something secret that he didn't mention in the new State of the Sanderson) one of the Elantris sequels.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

Check out the document fragment on the right edge of the screenshot.  

...Lutha...

...udien...

...rturn...

...re it ...

...ier's...

...for a...

Luthadel... audience... overturned... were it... Kelsier's... for a...

I'll have to pack this away in my "Extremely tenuous evidence that Kelsier is coming back" folder in my brain.

Check out the document fragment on the right edge of the screenshot.  

Luthadel... audience... overturned... were it... Kelsier's... for a...

I'll have to pack this away in my "Extremely tenuous evidence that Kelsier is coming back" folder in my brain.

The secret thing is not worth speculating about because no one will know anything about it anytime in 2015.

The background document is much more interesting. 

More evidence for my theory that Kelsier never "moved on," even after HoA. Perhaps in the two new Wax and Wayne books we'll get to find out more. Or maybe not until the third Mistborn trilogy, which would be a very long wait. Grr.

Edit: And Brandon seriously never added "Kelsier" to his computer's dictionary?

Edited by sanderfan

hmm, Peter the Troll strikes again. >.>

That secret was edited the same day as his Alcatraz 5 folder (8/12/14) and around the same time (1:13 for Alcatraz 5, 1:14 for the 'secret'); my theory is it's Alcatraz 6, though, I can't remember when that's supposed to be released...

Either that, or Elantris 2.

More evidence for my theory that Kelsier never "moved on," even after HoA. Perhaps in the two new Wax and Wayne books we'll get to find out more. Or maybe not until the third Mistborn trilogy, which would be a very long wait. Grr.

Pretty much canon by this point...he's just a cognitive shadow who has a little too much sway over events... Part of me hopes though that this is really a sign of either a Marsh, Kel, or Sazed POV - probably Marsh - since, the view point character may have a more...personal connection to Luthadel (or it's history)...

Mind you, this argument is about as solid as water vapor, but I wouldn't mind seeing Marsh's view point again...

Edited by Nymp

Pretty much canon by this point...he's just a cognitive shadow who has a little too much sway over events... (Part me hopes though that this is really a sign of either a Marsh, Kel, or Sazed POV - probably Marsh - since, the view point character may have a more...personal connection to Luthadel (or it's history)...

Mind you, this argument is about as solid as water vapor, but I wouldn't mind seeing Marsh's view point again...

That's true, but there's still a lot that's not answered. Is Kel choosing to stick around, or does he want to move on and is stuck? How is he a cognitive shadow anyway? What sort of stuff is he capable of doing as a shadow? 

And a Marsh or Sazed or Kesier POV would be amazing. We'll just have to wait and see...

That's true, but there's still a lot that's not answered. Is Kel choosing to stick around, or does he want to move on and is stuck? How is he a cognitive shadow anyway? What sort of stuff is he capable of doing as a shadow? 

And a Marsh or Sazed or Kesier POV would be amazing. We'll just have to wait and see...

Okay, quick thing here. Since spren are based off the ideal/form in the spiritual realm (like fire spren), one can suppose that while other worlds don't have cultivated, living ideas; they still have ideals represented in the other realms, or so I would think... On Scadrial they have this religion where they believe that the Survivor isn't dead (even immortal...) and because of this, an ideal form of this idea would supposedly exist in the spiritual realm... In this case, though, because Kel stuck around (originally of his own free will, perhaps), and after hijacking Preservation he may have had some idea of what might happen or he may have decided to stick around to fulfill the role that the Church of the Survivor had made for him (or been 'forced' to do it). It might even be a combination...

Though, really, this is just pure speculation at this point. And it jumps around a lot too, sorry.

Edited by Nymp

Relevant quote from Brandon's facebook:

Brandon Sanderson

Regarding the Secret Project: it is one of two things I am working on that I couldn't mention in my "State of the Sanderson" post a few weeks back, as both spoil things by existing. Neither are finished and neither will be out in 2015. Sorry to be unable to say more!

Can we talk about how there are close to thirty books Brandon has worked on, on some scale, in 2014?

You mean the edit dates?  He and Peter have explained those as archived versions of new editions and lists for the "Where people can buy this" that are on Brandon's site.  And typo fixing.

You mean the edit dates?  He and Peter have explained those as archived versions of new editions and lists for the "Where people can buy this" that are on Brandon's site.  And typo fixing.

Shush. I was tricking people into hype.

You mean the edit dates? He and Peter have explained those as archived versions of new editions and lists for the "Where people can buy this" that are on Brandon's site. And typo fixing.

Realistically, though, he has worked on at least 10. Words of Radiance (#30) through Calamity (#38), and the other Unfinished Secret he mentioned.